Questions for Michael

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Speaking as someone who’s worked the Glastonbury Ped Gates in the past, we have enough to do to process people already without introducing temperamental scanners for faces and barcodes :lol: Also it’d make the queues take even longer than they already do, which people would absolutely hate, ‘improved security’ or not. Particularly up at Worthy View for example, people who arrived on Wednesday morning would still be being processed on Wednesday evening and into Thursday if you made it any significant degree more complicated. Unless you redesigned the site and doubled the number of Ped gates, but then that’d introduce a ton of other logistical difficulties they can do without, not least with regards to the staffing numbers which are already stretched and they’d struggle to increase without eating into the number of public tickets.

Relatively tiny operations like Shambala just don’t compare to the logistics of checking people into the small city of Glastonbury that we all know and love, unfortunately. We’re already given very strict guidelines on comparing people’s faces to their photos, realistically it’s never going to become any more thorough (let alone electronic) than that.

Just to clarify when I said about facial recognition,I was referring to using it during registration as a way to check against multiple registrations,not on the gate. I'm not sure a barcode system would work as surely the barcode on wrist band would have to be matched to barcode on ticket which would mean some poor sod sorting through 200000 bracelets to find yours which would take days

35 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Reading it back it does sound awful. I was joking but admit it didn't come across very well! 

I still think it would be a shame to loose the slight edge and make it so easy to have a chance like Wimbledon. *

* that's the age old argument though,is it losing its edginess? I totally agree it's changed but it does every year I think it's more just a evolution of society. We all got our "glory years" we wish it was again.

On a lighter note 2017 had a group of (what some would say chavvy/love island) girls camped right next to me,first day didn't see them much but then starting chatting late on first night and they were absolutely lovely,was first time they were there,had done some homework so knew a little bit what to expect but were open to the new experience. It was really nice seeing first timers get excited. Hung out most evenings and it was cool to hear their stories of that days discoveries. Also they had this makeshift bucket toilet thing surrounded by some tarp by their tent,so it's pretty hard to be stuck up when your Sat having a dump in morning and the side tarp flies open in the wind mid shit (happened more once to the point where it wasn't embarrassing anymore)

24 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

* that's the age old argument though,is it losing its edginess? I totally agree it's changed but it does every year I think it's more just a evolution of society. We all got our "glory years" we wish it was again.

The edge I was referring to was the slight edge in chance for people trying who want it more. I.e get up on a Sunday, read tips/ forums. This would be lost. 

3 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Also they had this makeshift bucket toilet thing surrounded by some tarp by their tent,so it's pretty hard to be stuck up when your Sat having a dump in morning and the side tarp flies open in the wind mid shit (happened more once to the point where it wasn't embarrassing anymore)

Surely this must be worse than using a compost loo...mustn't it???

We've all been to festivals where the charge deposits on glasses and that scheme works well - the determined could get free beer all weekend from collecting discarded empties.

Sure I went somewhere where a bin bag of rubbish got you something too....

If they're thinking of a part ballot - then people who have proved their green credentials are the ideal target. As if you tidy your pitch and pack your tent up then the people near you may do the same.

8 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Of course I wouldn't just shit in a bucket I'm not an animal,I'm talking about the toilet tents that seem so popular

Owning a VW T2 a toilet tent is a must - there's no way you can have a shit in comfort in one of those as you'd have to put the table/bed away to have room, plus it stops you stinking the van out, there's always a Lenoir bottle or the sink if you need a pee in the night and it's raining...

And shitting in someone else's toilet tent is not OK.

Just now, Penrhos said:
1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

3 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Owning a VW T2 a toilet tent is a must - there's no way you can have a shit in comfort in one of those as you'd have to put the table/bed away to have room, plus it stops you stinking the van out, there's always a Lenoir bottle or the sink if you need a pee in the night and it's raining...

Just remember to take the dishes out first.

And your right it's not ok cos very rarely do they have the brand of toilet tissue I prefer and you have to take your own newspaper to read,frankly it's barbaric

• Upvote 1

Why the fuck does everyone rate the compost toilets for their own personal long drops. I have yet to be in one that didn't have the flappy thing separating 'cublicles' falling down and having to choose just how close and personal I want to be with my neighbour. 

As smelly as the long drops are, providing I use the hook appropriately I have much more privacy and ye know the rest. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Why the fuck does everyone rate the compost toilets for their own personal long drops. I have yet to be in one that didn't have the flappy thing separating 'cublicles' falling down and having to choose just how close and personal I want to be with my neighbour. 

As smelly as the long drops are, providing I use the hook appropriately I have much more privacy and ye know the rest. 

I've never had the flappy thing fall down(and I believe in some places that's called a glory hole) the thing I find gross is the cup of sawdust bit,each bag of dust only ever has 1 cup and the chances are the same hand they pick that cup with is very likely the same hand they wipe there arse with,nah your alright I'll head up to the long drops

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, glastolover19 said:

I've never had the flappy thing fall down(and I believe in some places that's called a glory hole) the thing I find gross is the cup of sawdust bit,each bag of dust only ever has 1 cup and the chances are the same hand they pick that cup with is very likely the same hand they wipe there arse with,nah your alright I'll head up to the long drops

GLORY HOLE? Either I'm doing it wrong or you're reading me real wrong. Lol. The flappy bits I mean are the bits of plastic canvas that separate the cubicles. They are always broken in my experience. Maybe boys are cool, me not so much. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

I'll let you Google it

Oh I know what ye mean but I'm on about whole sides gone so its an almost medieval open sociable shitting meeting as opposed to an actual glory hole. Or that's something no one needs to see. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Oh I know what ye mean but I'm on about whole sides gone so its an almost medieval open sociable shitting meeting as opposed to an actual glory hole. Or that's something no one needs to see. 

I know what you mean I'm just teasing with ya. But yeah your definitely right, for a good glory hole you certainly don't want the whole wall missing

25 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Well this seems reasonable as it’s your pitch anyway and it’s not really affecting anyone else.

Can’t stress enough that people in general camping setting up a tent where someone else could have camped just so they don’t have to walk to/queue at the toilets is selfish as hell, not to mention how gross it is for neighbours. Be dead embarrassing if they have to put out a notice reminding punters that tents are for people and not for shitbuckets.