Questions for Michael

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Also why should someone who has worked hard for their money potentially pay more for their ticket than someone who's been a lazy arse all their life? I get the whole inequality thing and that absolutely exists. But it certainly isn't the sole reason why some have more money than others.

You're wrongly assuming salary size is proportional to effort. It's not. 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Great to see the talk of introduction of the drug testing facility too ... one death is 1 too many ... i love the way Glastonbury learn from things and evolve 

Yep, very pleased to see this, should be standard across all festivals

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do you believe lots more people were trying this year ?

there were 1.5 million attempts to buy tickets 

Must have been far more than 1.5 million attempts......1.5 million hits could be generated by just over 4000 separate IP's in 30 minutes, even assuming a 5 second F5 rate.

The figure more likely relates to unique IP addresses....

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Must have been far more than 1.5 million attempts......1.5 million hits could be generated by just over 4000 separate IP's in 30 minutes, even assuming a 5 second F5 rate.

The figure more likely relates to unique IP addresses....

maybe ...as I replied to someone earlier I would like to have pushed this further but didn't feel able to hijack the eve too much ... would most people have 2 unique ip adresses apart from the very techy minded ?

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe ...as I replied to someone earlier I would like to have pushed this further but didn't feel able to hijack the eve too much ... would most people have 2 unique ip adresses apart from the very techy minded ?

yep...assuming an average of 2 x IP's per person 750,000 people trying isn't a bad shout.

Assuming we all go for it at a 1s F5 rate just 800 E-Festers could generate 1.5 million 'hits' ?

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

You're wrongly assuming salary size is proportional to effort. It's not. 

I didn't say that specifically. I said it is a factor in some cases. Success in the work place is usually predicted by things like intelligence and conscientiousness. Of course high salaries don't always follow - that is dependent on the sector you are in.

Edited by Thunderstruck

53 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I get why water aid do it (chance to get signatures and contact details), but I do feel bad for the poor folks who have to fill bottles all day- must be knackering/tedious after a while! 

Is that much different from other bar shifts? :P Most important is the attitude you have, maybe have a nice chat. 

Maybe a compromise: taps and some good supervision to prevent wastage.

If there was a ballot, who would organise it? I wouldn't trust See Tickets - their server would probably overload.

May we could have a lottery type draw with hundreds of thousands of balls in a transparent box and each one being drawn in turn until all the ticket had been allocated. It could be televised :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

Is that much different from other bar shifts? :P Most important is the attitude you have, maybe have a nice chat. 

Maybe a compromise: taps and some good supervision to prevent wastage.

Yeah, but with bar shifts, they're necessary as you couldn't trust people with a beer tap, though I imagine it would be popular if glastonbury had those?

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its incredible how much in demand all this stuff is seeing it everywhere now .... who runs the glasto thingy presume its someone on here ?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think @Gnomicide is the guardian and sworn protector of the Thingy.

HIYA!

Yep, that's me. The tweet giving crazyfool1 credit and pointing to here currently shows on analytics as having 489 clicking the link to your post. 

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

1.5 million people trying sounds about right.

Had a little panic last month when I registered someone and their number came back as three billion and something, but obviously it’s not the case that literally half the planet are registered for Glastonbury tickets ...

There’s 2 million people registered, Emily tweeted it the other day. Not a chance 75% of people registered were trying for tickets. It would be unique IP addresses, I personally had my laptop and my phone on mobile data which looks like 2 different people trying as far as seetickets are concerned. Around 750,000 people I reckon is a good guess.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The biggest problem with the ballot is how you police it. I could knock up 100 registrations at 100 different addresses pretty easily and just enter all of them. How do you stop that?

Surely it would be the same or a similar system as they use now for registration but instead of then entering your reg code on ticket day you have a set window on "ballot day" in which to enter registration code and be entered into that draw,then if you're drawn you get sent email link to a payment page. I'm not a tech guy so the logistics of implementing a system is not something I know about but I think that's the bare bones of an idea. I do think an alternative system should be looked at and trailed. 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm not tech savvy at all but just a quick search of play store brings up a whole host of ip changers