Questions for Michael

Crazyfool01

It's already split by incomes.

You know the ticket sale is October so plenty of time to save up £50 deposit, it's completely random if you get past all the hurdles seetickets throw in your path to get through to the payments page so no financial bias there. You then have until April to save up the balance of your ticket price.

Cheapest option is to car-share or use bus/train to the festival and bring food/drink with you - you could do the festival and not spend a penny once you're through the gates.

Next cheapest is CV or Glamping.

Most expensive is VIP tickets.

Wednesday lunchtime to Monday morning in a Disney World for adults for less than £300 all in is a bargain (I either have a week's holiday or go to Glasto as I can't afford to do both, I then have a week away for a family holiday later in the year). Especially as tickets for some bands are now over £100 + fees etc (check the prices for U2's tour!)...

I applaud them for providing the Nurses tickets, and trying to keep the festival all-inclusive - But I wish they could do something to exclude the "takers" that leave their shit behind on Monday and spend all weekend talking through the bands and taking selfies to show how cool they are....

More importantly are "The Loop" going to be there or not - Glasto as an independent festival is seriously behind the times with this, I was hoping they would be there last year.

Edited by Penrhos
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

To me a luxury is something that you don't actually need to live in relative comfort ie Ferrari,champagne,65in tv,Glastonbury tickets. So do you classify a ticket as a necessity?

Do you not think one of those is slightly out of place ?

Depends how you view luxury goods - for me it's a societal thing. My point is that it's not a necessity - obviously I won't collapse at die if I don't go to glastonbury. But I do believe that people should be entitled to live a fulfilling life - not just simply surviving. By taking that argument and extending it to "well everyone should have Ferrari's then" or something is just a bit silly

* Disclaimer: I don't think that right now glastonbury is the preserve of the rich or anything, my argument is against people who can't get their head around the idea that paying more if you earn more is some completely mental and undesirable thing. If we're talking about equality, why is one person paying 2% of their disposable income and another paying 5% of their disposable income for the same product equal?

Edited by Garrett_Salas

Encouraged by all of what Emily has said, particularly with regard to the expansion of the South East Corner and an extension to the entertainment at The Park and Silver Hayes.

But I really don't like the idea of the ballot system for a portion of tickets. My biggest fear is it would liberate those people who see going to Glastonbury as nothing more than a bucket list idea. The process would become a complete free-for-all and not reward the people who persevere every year without return, which I am sure is the intention.

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was hoping to attract a  few extra people across from Glasto chat ... but all they can currently see is a politics discussion ? which we already have at the top of page 1 dont we ?

I would certainly be keen to hear what was said last night... but to your point i cant be arsed to wade through and pick out the pertinent parts from the rest of the shite..

Just now, BlueDaze said:

I would certainly be keen to hear what was said last night... but to your point i cant be arsed to wade through and pick out the pertinent parts from the rest of the shite..

pages 1-7 have most of the info before the politics start ... hope this helps 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Encouraged by all of what Emily has said, particularly with regard to the expansion of the South East Corner and an extension to the entertainment at The Park and Silver Hayes.

But I really don't like the idea of the ballot system for a portion of tickets. My biggest fear is it would liberate those people who see going to Glastonbury as nothing more than a bucket list idea. The process would become a complete free-for-all and not reward the people who persevere every year without return, which I am sure is the intention.

It sounded more like something being considered more than set in stone .. we will SEE

4 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

Do you not think one of those is slightly out of place ?

Depends how you view luxury goods - for me it's a societal thing. My point is that it's not a necessity - obviously I won't collapse at die if I don't go to glastonbury. But I do believe that people should be entitled to live a fulfilling life - not just simply surviving. By taking that argument and extending it to everyone should have Ferrari's or something is just a bit silly

* Disclaimer: I don't think that right now glastonbury is the preserve of the rich or anything, my argument is against people who can't get their head around the idea that paying more if you earn more is some completely mental and undesirable thing. If we're talking about equality, why is one person paying 2% of their disposable income and another paying 5% of their disposable income for the same product equal?

I don't think any of them are out of place,yes some are more expensive then offers but they are all luxuries regardless,they are non essentials. To some people those things are expensive to others they are not but I think everyone would agree that you don't actually need any to live a fulfilling life. Yes I'd love to live in a world where we all can do whatever we want,I'd love to go to om those space flights but it's not going to happen because I can't afford it and I except that and don't think just because it would blow my mind I should make others pay for it. I like the idea of people CHOOSING to pay more if they can but I don't think it should be forced

Just now, glastolover19 said:

I don't think any of them are out of place,yes some are more expensive then offers but they are all luxuries regardless,they are non essentials. To some people those things are expensive to others they are not but I think everyone would agree that you don't actually need any to live a fulfilling life. Yes I'd love to live in a world where we all can do whatever we want,I'd love to go to om those space flights but it's not going to happen because I can't afford it and I except that and don't think just because it would blow my mind I should make others pay for it. I like the idea of people CHOOSING to pay more if they can but I don't think it should be forced

politics  thread please :) 

• Upvote 1

They've got to do something away from SE corner late night - and silent disco isn't it.....

Moving Arcadia up the hill was a mistake, it's great that its in it's own area but if it was put where SH is or in a dip could they turn the sound system up a bit as it's far too quiet where it is now...

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

pages 1-7 have most of the info before the politics start ... hope this helps 

it does indeed... Nice work.

I very much hope that we get a really decent Park headliner next year (a bit like Flaming Lips) that will have me over in that neck of the woods late on...

I cant be arsed with the SE corner im afraid and dont want to drag the sorry old knees back over to the Park late night when i know i have to get to CV east at the end of the night..

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

it does indeed... Nice work.

I very much hope that we get a really decent Park headliner next year (a bit like Flaming Lips) that will have me over in that neck of the woods late on...

I cant be arsed with the SE corner im afraid and dont want to drag the sorry old knees back over to the Park late night when i know i have to get to CV east at the end of the night..

im usually over that way wen physically I start struggling at that point in the night its hard going getting back to jp where I camp as I easily get distracted .. but another area over there is intriguing as long as it thins the crowd along with the  improvements to other areas of the site later on 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The biggest problem with the ballot is how you police it. I could knock up 100 registrations at 100 different addresses pretty easily and just enter all of them. How do you stop that?

The obvious solution is asking for deposits before someone is entered into the ballot, but then that still wouldn’t stop people with money to burn from ‘entering’ more than once. It’s a tough one.

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The obvious solution is asking for deposits before someone is entered into the ballot, but then that still wouldn’t stop people with money to burn from ‘entering’ more than once. It’s a tough one.

Can’t pretend I wouldn’t enter as many times as I could afford, especially as I’d be getting the money back on the unsuccessful entries.

If they want to try a ballot system maybe pilot it for the resales first and see how it goes--leaving it to the resales is more practical, as it would be nearer to the festival date so would hopefully reduce the numbers of people signing up to it who aren't sure if they'll be going. 

Why do they need more water stations?! The already have them- they're called taps! Are people really that lazy that they'll only refill their bottles if someone else does it for them? 

15 hours ago, JoBalls said:

...and she mentioned deck chairs! Blamed Tesco and the like for selling them so cheap. Said they are all piled up at the end of the festival and she hates them!”

@crazyfool1 I know this is from Glasto chat but can you remember if Emily used the term "Chair c**ts"? Or was she too polite?

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

If they want to try a ballot system maybe pilot it for the resales first and see how it goes--leaving it to the resales is more practical, as it would be nearer to the festival date so would hopefully reduce the numbers of people signing up to it who aren't sure if they'll be going. 

Why do they need more water stations?! The already have them- they're called taps! Are people really that lazy that they'll only refill their bottles if someone else does it for them? 

maybe to prevent water wastage ? not sure other than that but they are partnered with wateraid 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ha ha ... just been contacted by Bristol live .... told them I have no interest in Talking to them ....more hits on here .. more money to keep the sire healthy 

I like that you refer to Neil as 'The sire' ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, karaseen said:

@crazyfool1 I know this is from Glasto chat but can you remember if Emily used the term "Chair c**ts"? Or was she too polite?

said she didn't like them and would like to ban them ... she said they sent piles of wellies to somewhere ? for farmers but ive forgotten where 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

maybe to prevent water wastage ? not sure other than that but they are partnered with wateraid 

I get why water aid do it (chance to get signatures and contact details), but I do feel bad for the poor folks who have to fill bottles all day- must be knackering/tedious after a while!