Questions for Michael

Crazyfool01

Anyway that was my questions ....other bits and pieces were her fav act was Bowie and Led Zeppelin her ultimate act ......plastic bottle ban would be for traders only but she likened it for punters to the festival requests for nos and lanterns and that they would appeal to festival goers to help in doing this with lots more water points provided ..... she had had many requests for sponsorship but they weren't interested in any more .... and a book to look forward to on the 50th anniversary 

hope this answers some questions :) 

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Part ballot.. How does a PART ballot work..... ANYONE.. 

You can either apply in the usual way or elect to go into the ballot. 

Then you apply for the ballot using your mum's address and also try for the tickets in the normal way using  different photos for each method af application. Name to be spelled slightly differently.

Maybe.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the part ballot was for a proportion of tickets which hadn't yet been decided 

I’m not sure I like that idea - I think either it needs to be everyone goes into a ballot, or everyone has to drag their ass out of bed early on a Sunday morning in October and try for tickets. Taking away a proportion of the tickets from the main sale for a ballot would only make ticket day even harder than it already is. 

I think maybe the resale being a ballot would be more palatable if they only want to do it as a proportion of the tickets.

Edited by JoBalls
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Then you apply for the ballot using your mum's address and also try for the tickets in the normal way using two different photos. Name to be spelled slightly differently.

Maybe.

she just said they were talking to see about it 

2 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Then you apply for the ballot using your mum's address and also try for the tickets in the normal way using two different photos. Name to be spelled slightly differently.

Maybe.

Yea that sounds more like it old son... Still think pushing up the deposit is a good idea.. 

Just now, JoBalls said:

I’m not sure I like that idea - I think either it needs to be everyone goes into a ballot, or everyone has to drag their ass out of bed early on a Sunday morning in October and try for tickets. Taking away a proportion of the tickets from the main sale for a ballot would only make ticket day even harder than it already is. 

I think maybe the resale being a ballot would be more palatable if they only want to do it as a proportion of the tickets,

Didn't get anymore than that im afraid ..... she talked for 50 mins ish .... and I asked questions for erm quite a bit :) 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What infrastructure changes can we expect to see in terms of changes from 2017-2019 ?

There will be a new area in the south east corner to help alleviate some of the pressure from the overcrowding when the headliners finish , there will also be improvements to the park Arcadia and Silver Hayes to help with this too 

Thanks for asking my questions! I suspect if Michael has answered that one he'd have given us the toilet, bridge and drainage answers I expected. This answer is more than I'd hoped for!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Thanks for asking my questions! I suspect if Michael has answered that one he'd have given us the toilet, bridge and drainage answers I expected. This answer is more than I'd hoped for!

I got in all the serious ones that were posted :) and emily signed my t-shirt which is great as ive only ever met Micheal before 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ravermum said:

Loving this info ? What do we think 1.5 million attempts to get tickets means? 1.5 million unique IP addresses? I’m one of the lucky ones but those odds are terrifying

I wanted to dig further but had to hold back a bit because of the list of questions I had 

52 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Are there still plans for an alternative festival such as the one talked about elsewhere 

They have no plans currently to be running an alternative ... Glastonbury keeps them busy enough 

I always suspected the alternative site was more a negotiating tactic than a genuine plan. I don't mean they wouldn't have gone through with it, but the end game was to get the neighbours to fall in line. And it looks like the Eavii won.

Yeah nice one CF1, some brilliant titbits in there. Looking forward to the 50th anniversary book, hugely.

A part-ballot isn’t the answer, unless it’s exclusively for cheaper tickets for people on low incomes.

Don’t know how easy it would be to have separate ticket sales for people in various different income brackets, say five different income brackets spread across five nights of a week, with each of those separate sales offering a different price point based on the income bracket in question. Say:

On Monday, a proportion of tickets are offered at £75 to people earning £13k or less

Tuesday, at £150 to people on £26k or less

Wednesday, at £250 to people on £40k or less

Thursday, at £350 for people on £65k or less

Friday, at £450 for anyone earning above £65k (or anyone earning below £65k too if they should want to).

Followed by a general sale at £250 for everyone unlucky earlier in the week to have one last chance.

Guess the effort and manpower that’d be required by something like that is just too much when their priority is understandably just selling out and having a fest to even run.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Downvote 4

36 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah nice one CF1, some brilliant titbits in there. Looking forward to the 50th anniversary book, hugely.

A part-ballot isn’t the answer, unless it’s exclusively for cheaper tickets for people on low incomes.

Don’t know how easy it would be to have separate ticket sales for people in various different income brackets, say five different income brackets spread across five nights of a week, with each of those separate sales offering a different price point based on the income bracket in question. Say:

On Monday, a proportion of tickets are offered at £75 to people earning £13k or less

Friday, at £450 for anyone earning above £65k (or anyone earning below £65k too if they should want to).

Followed by a general sale at £250 for everyone unlucky earlier in the week to have one last chance.

Guess the effort and manpower that’d be required by something like that is just too much when their priority is understandably just selling out and having a fest to even run.

I’m not sure about the idea of segregating people based on their salary, something about it doesn’t sit right with me...

Edit: before I’m asked, I say this as someone who works for a local authority and is therefore definitely not in the higher salary ranges!

Edited by JoBalls
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Every price point has it's exclusivity but if you earn over 65k you earn far too much for such privileges 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I'm sorry but I 100% disagree with this. Not only because I think it's unfair that people who earn more should be essentially penalized for it. Festivals are a privilege not a right. I cant think of anything else in the world (bar Tax of course) that people pay a different price depending on their wages. There certainly aren't any cases here in Australia.  Its pretty much impossible to implement in the first place. You forget that people travel from all over the world for Glastonbury and with cost of living in each country a pound is not worth a pound all over.  I have family in the UK so I could theoretically register there and be *unemployed* since I earn no wages there with no way for them to prove otherwise.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Charging different amounts for private purchases based on Salary is a ridiculous idea. Ultimately the way this is done and the only 'fair' way (seperate debate for current fiscal levels) is Income tax. Anything after income taxation is just madness.. imagine the complications.

Do we all have to wear different wristbands to prove how minted we our during the festival too?

Edited by Wilfko