Caravan charges

BillyJoelRocks

Hi I understand the charge for caravans is £120 (8m x 7m) or £200 (16m x 7m). Does this include the car pass charge or is that seperate at £45. Does the pitch dimensions include the car or just the caravan ? Thank you. This is reference Glastonbury 2019

Edited by BillyJoelRocks
Required to add festival type

26 minutes ago, BillyJoelRocks said:

Hi I understand the charge for caravans is £120 (8m x 7m) or £200 (16m x 7m). Does this include the car pass charge or is that seperate at £45. Does the pitch dimensions include the car or just the caravan ? Thank you. This is reference Glastonbury 2019

The tow car for caravans is included in the £120/£200. You park within your pitch but there is ample space for a car, caravan and awning. Just tell the steward if you are putting an awning up so they leave enough space for you.

Only any additional friends arriving in separate cars would need a £45 car park pass and would park in one of the car parks.

10 minutes ago, BillyJoelRocks said:

is it possible to camp away from the venue and either drive in each day or get a taxi in each day? Thanks again if you can help with this

Some friends of mine did this in 2017, they booked a B&B 5 miles away. They found the walk to and from the car parks hard going as it usually entailed an hour's walk each way.

East and West campervan fields passes did sell out very quickly. Bath & West had availability for longer. There is a regular free shuttle from there to Gate A which may be a better option than totally off-site.

The taxi option I will leave to someone else to answer as I am not sure how easy that is.

• Upvote 1

When I was stuck at Bath & West in 2016 (no tow hook on the CV so they wouldn't let us on site) the shuttle bus to PED-A was great, regular and never really busy and at the end of the weekend we've never got away so quickly.

there was a constant stream of Taxis and cars dropping people off so they could get the free shuttle bus to PED-A so if you're off-site you may want to stay near Bath & West so it's a short taxi drive away. 

With all the traffic restrictions it's probably a better option than trying to get dropped off at one of the gates by Taxi.

CV ticket also covers a caravan and the vehicle towing it - you have to purchase a pitch big enough for both vehicles. If you have friends in another car they have to buy a carpark ticket and park in the car park. Even if they're sharing your caravan.

Edited by Penrhos
  • Upvote 1