Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Missed this one from the GM Booker last month as well(from the Idles track Well Done)

https://mobile.twitter.com/benjamsid/status/1072463804024451073

And whoever these guys are 

https://mobile.twitter.com/benjamsid/status/1083324162960171009

SVE played in 2014, high on the main stage as well. Really hope so again. 

Edited by Chawk

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They seemed to be pretty gutted not to have booked any female headliners last year. Assuming that National and Father John haven’t been passed up then I can’t see there not being a woman or a female-fronted band (it’s shit but a drummer probably doesn’t suffice, sadly) rounding out the trio. Even if it means going low or slightly out of the box.

OR........Sleater Kinney?!?

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

OR........Sleater Kinney?!?

Definitely up the top of my wishlist but I don't think they're headliner size. Not sure Sharon is either, really. She was quite far down the lineup back in 2014 (5th line) and she's not exactly playing huge venues in Spring. Absolutely wouldn't be complaining if she did, though. 

Daughter? 

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Definitely up the top of my wishlist but I don't think they're headliner size. Not sure Sharon is either, really. She was quite far down the lineup back in 2014 (5th line) and she's not exactly playing huge venues in Spring. Absolutely wouldn't be complaining if she did, though.

I figured, as King Gizzard headlined, that all bets are off with the 'who is headliner size' arguement at GM. And....I think they could DEFINATLY do it. As they are flucking great. :)

I would also be happy with Daughter, although isnt Elena doing her Ex:RE solo thing this year?

Edited by retromoz

If you search certain bands names and then green man 2019 on google you can see some bands who are playing. For example search Sock Green Man 2019 and you get this page https://www.greenman.net/artists/archived/sock-1/ and the google description says 'Sock will be playing Green Man Festival 2019. Read more information, listen to Sock tracks and buy tickets to see them at Green Man.' I don't know if you can find any other bands this way, so far have just found Sock and Phobophobes

1 hour ago, greenmangoer said:

If you search certain bands names and then green man 2019 on google you can see some bands who are playing. For example search Sock Green Man 2019 and you get this page https://www.greenman.net/artists/archived/sock-1/ and the google description says 'Sock will be playing Green Man Festival 2019. Read more information, listen to Sock tracks and buy tickets to see them at Green Man.' I don't know if you can find any other bands this way, so far have just found Sock and Phobophobes

Sock and Phobophobes both played Rising last year, so that might be an automated addition.

Now hoping for IDLES, Sharon Van Etten and The National as headliners. 

If 5 of the following appear somewhere i'll be incredibly happy: Stereolab, Duster, Julia Holter, Beach House, Mitski, Deerhunter, Car Seat Headrest, U.S Girls, Bridget St John, Tomberlin, Tizrah, Perfume Genius, Phosphorescent, Ezra Furman, Sunflower Bean, Beach Bunny, The Beths, Boygenius, Hatchie, Miya Folick, Anna Von Hausswolff, Virginia Wing, Ovlov, Adrianne Lenker.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yes, Sleater-Kinney would be fantastic. Subbing Sharon Van Etten would be cool. 

I'd imagine they're both of a very similar size, so if one were to headline over the other Sleater-Kinney would take it on the basis of their legacy and live rep.

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I honestly feel like both are more likely for EOTR

Yeah I don’t really ever see GM as much of a punk rock place, not enough to be dishing out headline slots to Sleater Kinney or Idles anyway.

Sharon Van Etten could be at either but I think EOTR would be more intent on having her headline. However I think her dates make her more likely for Latitude.