Jump to content
GETOFFAMYLAWN

Green Man 2019

Recommended Posts

On 7/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, JHad said:

Cheers to those who've worked on the Clashfinder! 

Obviously things may be slightly different, but based off of that I'm looking at something like this:

Thu: Nov3l - Audibooks - Bodega - These New Puritans - Amadou & Mariam

Fri: Jerry - (Penelope Isles) - TVAM - The Beths - (Julia Jacklin) - Pigs x 7 - Whitney - (Squid) - Gwenno - Stealing Sheep - (Villagers) - Bill Ryder-Jones - Khruangbin - Ex:Re - (Maribou State) - Snapped Ankles

Sat: Modern Nature - Jockstrap - Hen Ogledd - Stella Donnelly - Peaness - Sons of Kemet - Lee Fields & The Expressions - Porridge Radio - (Big Thief) - Richard Thompson / Aiden Moffat & RM Hubbert / Black Country New Road - (Stereolab) - Car Seat Headrest - Four Tet

Sun: Self Esteem - Foxwarren - Yak - (The Liminanas) - Pottery / Aldous Harding - Eels - (Ezra Collective / James Yorkston) - Sharon Van Etten - Pozi - Father John Misty / Idles / Nilufer Yanya

Not too many savage clashes for me. Sunday looks like a fantastic way to sign off but, in terms of new music, I think I'm more excited by Fri & Sat.

Currently altered the above to be something like this (must see)

Thu: Nov3l / Callum Easter - Audiobooks - Bodega - These New Puritans - Amadou & Mariam

Fri: Jerry - Penelope Isles - (TVAM) - (Tamino) - The Beths - (Anna St Louis) - Pigs x 7 - Bridget St John - Dry Cleaning - Gwenno - Stealing Sheep - Villagers - Khruangbin - Ex:Re - Maribou State - (Snapped Ankles)

Sat: Modern Nature - Jockstrap - Hen Ogledd - Stella Donnelly - Peaness - Sons of Kemet - Oscar Lang - Lee Fields & The Expressions - Porridge Radio / Avi Buffalo - (Big Thief) - Richard Thompson - (Stereolab) - Car Seat Headrest - Four Tet - (The Comet is Coming)

Sun: Self Esteem - Grimm Grimm - Foxwarren - Yak - (Anais Mitchell) - (The Liminanas) - Pottery - White Fence - Eels - (James Yorkston) - Sharon Van Etten - Pozi / The Growlers - (Father John Misty) - Idles

I'll be disappointed to miss BCNR, Scalping, Squid, the full Snapped Ankles set, Big Thief and Aldous Harding, but I've seen all bar BCNR & Scalping and they all have accessible upcoming tour dates, which I'll probably take as a cue to explore!

I'd like Porridge Radio, Pottery and Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert to announce tours in order to resolve clashes with Avi Buffalo, The Liminanas and BCNR/Richard Thompson, respectively.

Friday (16:00-23:00) and Saturday (19:00-1:00) are particularly brutal in terms of clashes for me, with some tough decisions. Of course, the final Clashfinder on Monday (complete with Chai Wallahs too. Ahhh!) could throw up a whole new set of problems!

I've had a solid listen to the Playlists, but don't really fell like I've covered everything. Am I missing anything obvious here?

Edited by JHad
deleting unwanted emoji!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JHad said:

Currently altered the above to be something like this (must see)

Thu: Nov3l / Callum Easter - Audiobooks - Bodega - These New Puritans - Amadou & Mariam

Fri: Jerry - Penelope Isles - (TVAM) - (Tamino) - The Beths - (Anna St Louis) - Pigs x 7 - Bridget St John - Dry Cleaning - Gwenno - Stealing Sheep - Villagers - Khruangbin - Ex:Re - Maribou State - (Snapped Ankles)

Sat: Modern Nature - Jockstrap - Hen Ogledd - Stella Donnelly - Peaness - Sons of Kemet - Oscar Lang - Lee Fields & The Expressions - Porridge Radio / Avi Buffalo - (Big Thief) - Richard Thompson - (Stereolab) - Car Seat Headrest - Four Tet - (The Comet is Coming)

Sun: Self Esteem - Grimm Grimm - Foxwarren - Yak - (Anais Mitchell) - (The Liminanas) - Pottery - White Fence - Eels - (James Yorkston) - Sharon Van Etten - Pozi / The Growlers - (Father John Misty) - Idles

I'll be disappointed to miss BCNR, Scalping, Squid, the full Snapped Ankles set, Big Thief and Aldous Harding, but I've seen all bar BCNR & Scalping and they all have accessible upcoming tour dates, which I'll probably take as a cue to explore!

I'd like Porridge Radio, Pottery and Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert to announce tours in order to resolve clashes with Avi Buffalo, The Liminanas and BCNR/Richard Thompson, respectively.

Friday (16:00-23:00) and Saturday (19:00-1:00) are particularly brutal in terms of clashes for me, with some tough decisions. Of course, the final Clashfinder on Monday (complete with Chai Wallahs too. Ahhh!) could throw up a whole new set of problems!

I've had a solid listen to the Playlists, but don't really fell like I've covered everything. Am I missing anything obvious here?

Aidan moffat and RM hubbart posted saying the dates they've got announced are their last ever

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JHad said:

Currently altered the above to be something like this (must see)

Thu: Nov3l / Callum Easter - Audiobooks - Bodega - These New Puritans - Amadou & Mariam

Fri: Jerry - Penelope Isles - (TVAM) - (Tamino) - The Beths - (Anna St Louis) - Pigs x 7 - Bridget St John - Dry Cleaning - Gwenno - Stealing Sheep - Villagers - Khruangbin - Ex:Re - Maribou State - (Snapped Ankles)

Sat: Modern Nature - Jockstrap - Hen Ogledd - Stella Donnelly - Peaness - Sons of Kemet - Oscar Lang - Lee Fields & The Expressions - Porridge Radio / Avi Buffalo - (Big Thief) - Richard Thompson - (Stereolab) - Car Seat Headrest - Four Tet - (The Comet is Coming)

Sun: Self Esteem - Grimm Grimm - Foxwarren - Yak - (Anais Mitchell) - (The Liminanas) - Pottery - White Fence - Eels - (James Yorkston) - Sharon Van Etten - Pozi / The Growlers - (Father John Misty) - Idles

I'll be disappointed to miss BCNR, Scalping, Squid, the full Snapped Ankles set, Big Thief and Aldous Harding, but I've seen all bar BCNR & Scalping and they all have accessible upcoming tour dates, which I'll probably take as a cue to explore!

I'd like Porridge Radio, Pottery and Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert to announce tours in order to resolve clashes with Avi Buffalo, The Liminanas and BCNR/Richard Thompson, respectively.

Friday (16:00-23:00) and Saturday (19:00-1:00) are particularly brutal in terms of clashes for me, with some tough decisions. Of course, the final Clashfinder on Monday (complete with Chai Wallahs too. Ahhh!) could throw up a whole new set of problems!

I've had a solid listen to the Playlists, but don't really fell like I've covered everything. Am I missing anything obvious here?

I absolutely love this level of planning 

One thing that jumps out is that there’s no time made for Pete Brown’s Beer Pairing! Early Friday afternoon. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

What kind of set is Four Tet going to do? Visuals?

Seen him a lot in the last couple of years and the only time he's had any visuals were the Ally Pally shows. 

His set at Primavera last year had no production at all, just him on some decks. Lovebox last month wasn't much different except he used some house lights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Aidan moffat and RM hubbart posted saying the dates they've got announced are their last ever

Oh no! Thanks for the heads up! That might prompt a rethink.

I might have to try to obtain a ticket for Richard Thompson at the Royal Albert Hall or Sidmouth Folk Festival tomorrow night in that case, although both are sold out. Saturday evening really is a clashathon.

31 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I absolutely love this level of planning 

One thing that jumps out is that there’s no time made for Pete Brown’s Beer Pairing! Early Friday afternoon. 

Haha! That's not even the half of it! Can any stage be viewed from the Beer Pairing (or any food stalls, as, come to think of it, I should probably also eat during the weekend)?! 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JHad said:

Oh no! Thanks for the heads up! That might prompt a rethink.

I might have to try to obtain a ticket for Richard Thompson at the Royal Albert Hall or Sidmouth Folk Festival tomorrow night in that case, although both are sold out. Saturday evening really is a clashathon.

Haha! That's not even the half of it! Can any stage be viewed from the Beer Pairing (or any food stalls, as, come to think of it, I should probably also eat during the weekend)?! 😛 

Ha! Good veiw of the Mountain Stage from most of the food outlets and also a decent veiw of the Walled Garden Stage from nearby outlets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JHad said:

Haha! That's not even the half of it! Can any stage be viewed from the Beer Pairing (or any food stalls, as, come to think of it, I should probably also eat during the weekend)?! 😛 

Sadly not from the beer pairing. That will be in the babbling tongues tent at around 1pm - meaning it will probably clash with Penelope Isles which I see is one of your must sees. 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Seen him a lot in the last couple of years and the only time he's had any visuals were the Ally Pally shows. 

His set at Primavera last year had no production at all, just him on some decks. Lovebox last month wasn't much different except he used some house lights. 

I was at his set at Primavera and it was completely sterile and disengaging.

Oh dear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

beer pairing! one in the left hand, one in the right.... or is it more complex?

He picks his favourite songs from people performing at the festival. Then he matches that particular song to a beer you can buy at the festival. For example, he played a John Grant song whilst we tasted one of the Stouts. It was good fun! 

Edited by lessthanwill1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather looking a bit mixed. Doesn't look terrible but there will be rain about and reasonably cool for the time of year. Definitely not the glorious sun of 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, benali said:

Weather looking a bit mixed. Doesn't look terrible but there will be rain about and reasonably cool for the time of year. Definitely not the glorious sun of 2018. 

I'm hoping it's still far enough away that the forecasters have got it wrong. c.10 days is a long time in the meteorological world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll probably coalesce into something more reliable next week, but because of the area's topography it's very hard to get an accurate reading, and last year's was the only one I've been to where there was no rain. Be prepared for any and all types of weather, Green Folks ☀️☁️⛈️🌪️🌨️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It'll probably coalesce into something more reliable next week, but because of the area's topography it's very hard to get an accurate reading, and last year's was the only one I've been to where there was no rain. Be prepared for any and all types of weather, Green Folks ☀️☁️⛈️🌪️🌨️

I’ve never seen more changeable weather anywhere!  Last time we were there (a couple or so years ago) it was warm enough for a t-shirt one minute, then colder the next, then rain the next then dry and hot enough to want to take even the t-shirt off the next.  On repeat all weekend.  Got more exercise trying to get my body comfortable for the weather changes than I did with everything else combined.  Still a great weekend though.  Hope you all have a ball - decided it’s not for us this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

1st time at Green Man. Really looking forward to it. Just wanted to say thanks for the tips being shared on here. 

One quick question. Are the quiet and general camping areas the sort of distance to nip back to tent during the day?   Might be a moot point on friday where it looks like i have 12 hours of bands to fit in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Hi all

1st time at Green Man. Really looking forward to it. Just wanted to say thanks for the tips being shared on here. 

One quick question. Are the quiet and general camping areas the sort of distance to nip back to tent during the day?   Might be a moot point on friday where it looks like i have 12 hours of bands to fit in!

Yes definitely. It took 5 minutes max to get to the main stage from my tent last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We camp at the back of Quiet camping and it's probably 10 mins to the Far Out which is the furthest stage. 

Well, 10 minutes if you're by yourself. It's more like 25 if one son starts playing football with some random kids and the other one bumps into a friend before someone needs the loo and you have to stop and go back because you've decided you actually do need a jumper and another can of beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, benali said:

We camp at the back of Quiet camping and it's probably 10 mins to the Far Out which is the furthest stage.

Does Quiet camping get rammed? Seems to be right by the entrance from Orange Car Park on the map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Which playlist do you use out of interest?

Am I correct in thinking that one of the (better) Spotify playlists is yours? 3 songs per artist, I think?

edit: I actually can't see any other unofficial ones now (thought I had before), but it's definitely the best of the 1 available! 😛 

Edited by JHad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHad said:

Am I correct in thinking that one of the (better) Spotify playlists is yours? 3 songs per artist, I think?

edit: I actually can't see any other unofficial ones now (thought I had before), but it's definitely the best of the 1 available! 😛 

Haha yes it is! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think, if Green Man was this weekend, it would be cancelled? I would assume not, after being in some really rough weather under Sugarloaf Mountain in the past. And I'd assume the GM peeps would have tons of contingency plans to cope.....but, what with Boardmasters & Houghton cancelled....I wonder....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...