Jump to content

Green Man 2019


GETOFFAMYLAWN
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yeah that’s also true! Stereolab and Big Thief are my no.1 and no. 3 must sees respectively so I’m just going to stay at the front for them and miss BCNR as I’m sure I’ll catch them somewhere else.

Then hopefully see as much of CSH as possible - I thought someone said here that CSH and Stereolab weren’t clashing? Maybe try and see some of Four Tet after but ultimately get in a good position for The Comet is Coming which could well be the set of the weekend in that slot! 

I messaged GM and they confirmed Stereolab and Car Seat Headrest aren't clashing 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chawk said:

Yep, Willie Healey on the Walled Garden sounds half decent too. Same with mid-afternoon Friday, going to be busy.

Who are people seeing Sunday night?

 Nilüfer Yanya has great tracks and keen to spend one night at Walled Garden.

I love Father JM but seen him twice and his new album/show isn't his best, feel like seeing him at Glastonbury 2017 was his prime.

Idles in a packed tent could be a good time

 

Nilüfer for me. My number one must see.

Never been into FJM and I saw Idles at G and have no real urge to see them again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yeah that’s also true! Stereolab and Big Thief are my no.1 and no. 3 must sees respectively so I’m just going to stay at the front for them and miss BCNR as I’m sure I’ll catch them somewhere else.

Then hopefully see as much of CSH as possible - I thought someone said here that CSH and Stereolab weren’t clashing? Maybe try and see some of Four Tet after but ultimately get in a good position for The Comet is Coming which could well be the set of the weekend in that slot! 

Oh god I forgot about big thief 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

They’ve disappeared from GM’s website and from the official playlist. No announcement yet though. 

I messaged them on facebook about BSS, and they said there'll be an announcement at the end of this week about it. 

On a more positive note... the new Black Country New Road track is *brilliant*. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Andeeroo said:

Looking forward to Bess Atwell, Bodega and Amadou & Mariam. Do the acts get uncomfortably busy on the Thursday?

It was definitely very busy for public service broadcasting last year but it won’t be nearly as bad now they’ve opened up the Walled Garden on Thursday. There will be lots of people at Pictish Trail so A&M won’t be rammed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

It was definitely very busy for public service broadcasting last year but it won’t be nearly as bad now they’ve opened up the Walled Garden on Thursday. There will be lots of people at Pictish Trail so A&M won’t be rammed. 

Good news. I can't be doing with busy crowds these days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Looking forward to Bess Atwell, Bodega and Amadou & Mariam. Do the acts get uncomfortably busy on the Thursday?

It's only the last act it's really busy for, and if you get near the front for the act before it's usually OK, it's the back of tent that can get rammed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Fat White Family seem to be really divisive whenever I hear them mentioned. I’ve not listened before - where should I start? 

Gutted about BSS. Hope they get well/come back soon! 

I'd suggest starting with the new album, Serf's Up. Their set will be mostly that album and it was a bit of a change up for them. A big improvement in my opinion. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...