GETOFFAMYLAWN

Green Man 2019

The National are playing all together now in Ireland at the start of August, not sure if it strengthens their chances of playing this or not.

15 minutes ago, James96 said:

The National are playing all together now in Ireland at the start of August, not sure if it strengthens their chances of playing this or not.

It's probably comparable in size to GM so would probably say it strengthens it if anything.

31 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Father John Misty is playing the same festival in Portugal as The National, having both of them headlining would be very strong.

Would be a strong booking but I'm not a fan personally.

Good to see Car Seat Headrest are around as well! 

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Not that I think they will, but I love how there's a thought on here that Idles could headline Green Man while in another thread there's a debate about whether they're big enough to headline 2000 Trees.

If King Giz can, Idles can.

31 minutes ago, DDave said:

If King Giz can, Idles can.

Nah no way. I couldn’t see a punk rock band headlining Green Man but even so, Idles are playing Boardmasters and are pretty low down the poster there.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah no way. I couldn’t see a punk rock band headlining Green Man but even so, Idles are playing Boardmasters and are pretty low down the poster there.

could see them headlining far out 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

New Order for PDC. That's them, the National, FJM, Car Seat Headrest all in the mix. Think 3/4 is very likely. 

Looking quite promising! 

Really hoping they've booked Sharon Van Etten and Stereolab as well. 

I like all three of those but it doesn’t seem like a Green Man lineup at all. New Order are reportedly at Blue Dot anyway.

Padre and The National seem fairly clear and straightforward bookings for two of the headline slots so far. I think they’ll look to get a female voice in as the last name but apart from Shan Van 3000 - who I expect will hit up EOTR - I don’t right know who it could be.

8 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Courtney Barnett would fit pretty well, though admittedly that's probably not the most exciting trio. Beach House would be ideal.

Judging by some of their latest tweets it seems Courtney Barnett won't be there, same with Spiritualized.

The National, Father John Misty, First Aid Kit would be dream-level stuff.

Agree that New Order seem a v unlikely fit for Green Man.

Could Jon Hopkins be on the cards?

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN