Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

On 11/6/2018 at 5:05 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah, I thought that too. Not sure they've had anyone quite like them before though? 

They were really, really good weren't they? Best set of the three times I've seen em. 

Leftfield headlined the Thursday a few years back, was quality too. Always a fair few djs too, Jon Hopkins, Daniel Avery etc 

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Saw Car Seat Headrest last night in Kentish Town. Phenomenal. Let's have them in the Far Out tent! 

Saw them in Manchester on Wednesday and I had the exact same thought. They'd kill it, seems weird they've not swung by Crickhowell already, they're a perfect fit.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Saw them in Manchester on Wednesday and I had the exact same thought. They'd kill it, seems weird they've not swung by Crickhowell already, they're a perfect fit.

Thought they had played before actually but can't seem to find them on past line ups. 

They played Vincent last night which was a nice surprise!

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've been trying to see them for about 2 years now but for one reason or another always manage to miss them. Even had a ticket once but was laid low on the day of the gig.

6 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I've been trying to see them for about 2 years now but for one reason or another always manage to miss them. Even had a ticket once but was laid low on the day of the gig.

That's some shit luck man. They've done a good few gigs in Manchester over the past couple of years but I seemed to always be busy on the nights they played. They really took me by surprise with how good they were on Wednesday though. The ridiculously short and early morning Glastonbury set from a few years ago showed they got the chops, but the band was bigger this time, they were playing to a crowd who were really into it, and didn't have an 11am grump on them. I reckon they really need a headline set at a festival to get the most out of them.

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Are Tears for Fears in the running to headline this?

Not in a month of Sundays.

I see Father John Misty is about next year though, he's got to be a front-runner. The way his 2015 set went, he could easily have headlined that year really, my first thought at the end of it was that he'd be back to headline soon.

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not in a month of Sundays.

I see Father John Misty is about next year though, he's got to be a front-runner. The way his 2015 set went, he could easily have headlined that year really, my first thought at the end of it was that he'd be back to headline soon.

Haha fair.

FJM would be underwhelming for me personally. I'd love either of Sharon Van Etten, Cat Power, First Aid Kit, New Order, Caribou or My Bloody Valentine. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Haha fair.

FJM would be underwhelming for me personally. I'd love either of Sharon Van Etten, Cat Power, First Aid Kit, New Order, Caribou or My Bloody Valentine. 

Caribou would be ace!

Has he got anything in the works at the moment do you know? Not heard anything from him since he played Latitude in 2015.

2 hours ago, PDAD said:

Caribou would be ace!

Has he got anything in the works at the moment do you know? Not heard anything from him since he played Latitude in 2015.

Hasn't toured properly since 2016, but has done a small handful of festival shows this year and last year, even if he's not got new tunes it looks like he's happy to do one-offs.

I don't see them going for Robyn tbh. I'll happily be proved wrong, but it just don't seem to fit.

Mitski's on thin ice with me. She's definitely a Green Man act, and I'd tentatively turn up for her set, but if she's not got a guitar in hand from the get-go I'm out of there. I just can't put myself through that again.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't see them going for Robyn tbh. I'll happily be proved wrong, but it just don't seem to fit.

Mitski's on thin ice with me. She's definitely a Green Man act, and I'd tentatively turn up for her set, but if she's not got a guitar in hand from the get-go I'm out of there. I just can't put myself through that again.

What happened??

I saw her a couple of months ago in London and she was fantastic!