Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Was at that Apex Twin show - best night of my life! 

We only caught about half an hour of that. Horrible clash with King Gizzard, Slowdive and Oh Sees. By the time we got to the tent it was rammed and we could only just get in near the back. Ended up leaving to watch Slowdive.

Still annoyed, although slight consolation that I managed to grab a copy of that limited 12" they were selling earlier in the day.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Four Tet at Green Man, although I'd prefer him to be in the Far Out rather than the Mountain Stage.

19 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Car Seat Headrest have upped their live game a lot in the last few years. Primavera 2016 was forgettable, but both End Of The Road 2017 and Primavera 2018 were proper good. Think they're better suited to a smaller stage though.

Yeah I think Swx last May was superior to Eotr 2017 but setlist and larger band also helped that

GM have just started following Eels on twitter.

Looking very likely they'll headline now given the UK tour dates and playing a festival in France the week after. Think they also hinted to them in one of their tweets back when the first announcement was released. 

Thoughts on them? 

I'm not overly familiar with them tbh. I like their first album but haven't listened to much else. I love Susan's House - such a great tune! 

4 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Looking very likely they'll headline now given the UK tour dates and playing a festival in France the week after. Think they also hinted to them in one of their tweets back when the first announcement was released. 

Thoughts on them? 

I'm not overly familiar with them tbh. I like their first album but haven't listened to much else. I love Susan's House - such a great tune! 

One of the best sets at mad cool, also wrote one of the best music memoirs, he’s a real treat and got the crowd in his hands like putty

49 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Thoughts on them? 

Blinking lights is a great album, very well formed and Electro Shock Blues, whilst being quite a dark listen due to the things he was going through at the time, is superb. Some of the more recent albums are not as strong, but they all have their moments. 

Most of all they are a very good live band!

7 hours ago, picicata said:

Blinking lights is a great album, very well formed and Electro Shock Blues, whilst being quite a dark listen due to the things he was going through at the time, is superb. Some of the more recent albums are not as strong, but they all have their moments. 

Most of all they are a very good live band!

Thanks!

listened to a fair bit of Blinking Lights today (it's so long!). Really like Railroad Man and Things the Grandchildren Should Know. 

Let me try and work this out...

Eels are playing a festival in Switzerland on the 15th so that rules them out being the thursday night headliner. They are also playing Pukkelpop on the Saturday (17th) evening and then Nottingham on the Monday (19th). So that leaves them with playing Sunday or Friday - but suggests Sunday is more likely given that they're playing nearby (ish) the following day.   

But, FJM is playing Parades on the Friday. We already know that Four Tet is headlining Saturday. FJM must therefore be headlining Sunday night. 

So, if Eels are headlining they will be the Friday night headliner. If they're not headlining, then presumably they'll be subbing the unannounced headliner on Friday or FJM on Sunday (with the Sunday being the most likely given their date in Nottingham the day after). 

Then again, they may not even be playing! That seems unlikely at this point though.