Jump to content
GETOFFAMYLAWN

Green Man 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

he's tied in with AEG for his upcoming dates, and i know AEG tried to get him for UK festies this summer - so yep, he'd be doing bigger than Green Man I'd expect.

I could see him headlining field day or lovebox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

he's tied in with AEG for his upcoming dates, and i know AEG tried to get him for UK festies this summer - so yep, he'd be doing bigger than Green Man I'd expect.

APE if he's active in the Summer? His tour is pretty similar to Cave's the Autumn before he headlined it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

APE if he's active in the Summer? His tour is pretty similar to Cave's the Autumn before he headlined it.

defo not impossible, tho from what I heard I got the impression that they'd tried to get him to do APE this summer and failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Byrne at the top of the Latitude line-up would probably make a lot of sense?

Does anyone know when the first announcement for Green Man usually is? I'm hoping for one killer act before the volunteering opens so I'm motivated to get in there first and get first dibs on shifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Does anyone know when the first announcement for Green Man usually is?

Back end of January.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I'd expect to see Phosphorescent, Sharon Van Etten, Tallest Man on Earth and Julia Holter next year. 

Could easily see EotR locking big Shazza down as an exclusive mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See I say about how they need someone sick playing to reel me in, but then I go and see The Brian Jonestown Massacre and I remember this festival had them and The War On Drugs playing not only on the same weekend, but at the same time. See you down south in God's own country next August.

Tryna keep my finger off the purchase button for Dandy Warhols tickets rn cos I'm a bit skint. BJM were mint but still reminded me of the Dandys, and they're not quite on their level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be good to have Aurora back, new album is nice and seems pretty aligned with the festival´s values

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw First Aid Kit a couple of nights ago with support from The Staves. As someone who likes FAK without being a massive fan, they completely blew me away. They are fantastic performers (especially with the whole band behind them) and their songs were so much better live than on record. The light show they brought with them was also really amazing. 

I'm sure they've played GM before at some point but I would love to see them headline next year. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Aid Kit been top of my headliner wishlist for some time, feels like this is the year... Although it also seemed like that last time too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to watch Underworld in the Warehouse Project on Friday. I think they'd make a cracking headliner for Green Man if they wanted to go for someone electronic. They'd probably be within their price range as well, looking at who they've had in the past...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I thought that too. Not sure they've had anyone quite like them before though? 

They were really, really good weren't they? Best set of the three times I've seen em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Went to watch Underworld in the Warehouse Project on Friday. I think they'd make a cracking headliner for Green Man if they wanted to go for someone electronic. They'd probably be within their price range as well, looking at who they've had in the past...

I've just bought a ticket to see them at Village Underground in London early December - can't wait! 

They would certainly be an interesting choice - they've had Hot Chip headline in the past so there's precedent for an "electronic" headliner. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah, I thought that too. Not sure they've had anyone quite like them before though? 

They were really, really good weren't they? Best set of the three times I've seen em. 

I suppose Hot Chip, and there's always a smattering of critically acclaimed electronica throughout the lineup in recent times. They're local lads (well, formed in Cardiff anyway) - I think they would go down well with the older ravers at Green Man....

Aye, first time I've seen them at their own gig, didn't disappoint. Was impressed by Store Street as a venue as well, had heard mixed reviews before this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jackarmy said:

I suppose Hot Chip, and there's always a smattering of critically acclaimed electronica throughout the lineup in recent times. They're local lads (well, formed in Cardiff anyway) - I think they would go down well with the older ravers at Green Man....

Aye, first time I've seen them at their own gig, didn't disappoint. Was impressed by Store Street as a venue as well, had heard mixed reviews before this.

Mmm Hot Chip are very much on the 'band' side of things though. I dunno, I've never really paid much attention to Green Man but it seems like it might be a risky one. 

Store Street is cool yeah. It felt a lot more roomy than LCD last year thankfully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, imamazed said:

Announcement isn't til January is it?

Rather enigmatically it just says "line up will be released in 2019" on the website. January would be nice.

Edited by Losing my hair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×