Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

39 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

I just noticed this, and it's a much more empathetic read than the (frankly weird) 5* Guardian effort and actually ties pretty well with how I felt about it. But they don't like Idles do they?

Yeah much better than the Guardian’s review.

Yeah I’m not sure what they’re approach to IDLES is to be honest - I’ve seen positive stuff written by them about IDLES in the past so not sure whether it’s a particular writer or something...

After my first Green Man, I believe I am in love with Wales. Despite the rain, I had a great time. And by accident, as they filled in for another band at the Far Out Stage, Black Country, New Road is my favourite band from the festival.  I could go on but this is enough for now.

Edited by JacquelineS

On 8/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Suggestives said:

I suspect their current production capacity is unable to satisfy their ever increasing popularity.

I had complaints from friends in Newport that there was limited stock in the bars there because "they've sent all the beer to your bloody festival" ?

Hopefully their expansion plans will address things for next year.

Aren’t they on the cusp of selling to a major though? I remember reading some bits about Tiny Rebel being next after Magic Rock the other month. Should ease the production woes but let’s hope the quality stays the same.

• 3 months later...

Gigs all wrapped up for me in 2019, many of which were GM-inspired in the second half of the year (often booked in advance to take away the 'stress' of potential clashes! :p). At a rough count, I think I caught ~70 GM19 acts within the 12 months of 2019 (with more booked for the new year). This was the year I discovered this forum and also finally made it to GM, so I'd like to thank everyone here for their recommendations, playlists, advice and general chit chat which made this such a great festival and year musically. I look forward to plenty more of the same in 2020! 

• Upvote 3