Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

What?! I  love A and M and not arriving til tomorrow.

It's that they don't have a time or stage that concerns me - if the delay is because of transport trouble that's fair enough, but there's not really potential gaps in the Friday schedule (and the Weddoes were asked at 1pm according to David Gedge's Twitter so they knew well before the announcement)

8 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

It's that they don't have a time or stage that concerns me - if the delay is because of transport trouble that's fair enough, but there's not really potential gaps in the Friday schedule (and the Weddoes were asked at 1pm according to David Gedge's Twitter so they knew well before the announcement)

They've been moved into the slot after Gwenno on Far Out, apparently. I'm not sure where that leaves Steve Mason, or if the schedule has changed altogether. 

34 minutes ago, JHad said:

They've been moved into the slot after Gwenno on Far Out, apparently. I'm not sure where that leaves Steve Mason, or if the schedule has changed altogether. 

Everybody post-Gwenno has moved back:

20:30-21:30 - Amadou & Mariam

22:00-23:00 - Steve Mason

23:30-0:30 - Khruangbin

1:00-2:15 - Maribou State

On 8/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, Chawk said:

Also, a weird diet question- but has anyone attempted to do Green Man on a low FODMAP diet (e.g avoiding garlic and onions)? (it's for digestion issues)

Yes. I’ve done about 5 low FODmap festivals now and it’s tough. I’m also vegi and gluten and dairy free so eating out is a pain. I can’t offer much advice as everyone has slightly different needs, but I just wanted to pop up and say hello and ?

12 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone seen what’s replaced the Rough Trade tent? Any performances/signings happening this year? 

It's a Green Man Records tent. Doesn't have much stock in comparison to Rough Trade but has loads of performances today. Pretty much one an hour from 1pm to 8pm I think.

11 hours ago, retromoz said:

So....I haven't been here since 2014. When the hell did it get so bloody big?!?

Is the site bigger? I don't remember it being that much different in 2014. There does seems to be more people though. I popped back to the tent last night and spoke to a women who had been wandering around for an hour trying to find a spot to camp. 

Good luck to anyone coming today.

3 hours ago, benali said:

Is the site bigger? I don't remember it being that much different in 2014. There does seems to be more people though. I popped back to the tent last night and spoke to a women who had been wandering around for an hour trying to find a spot to camp. 

Good luck to anyone coming today.

The walled garden is now a 'proper' stage, rather than an afterthought. The far out tent is twice the size it used to be. Chai wallah and cinedrome is now located where the green man used to be. Etc.

2 hours ago, retromoz said:

The walled garden is now a 'proper' stage, rather than an afterthought. The far out tent is twice the size it used to be. Chai wallah and cinedrome is now located where the green man used to be. Etc.

Saw a picture of the walled garden stage last night. Actually sad it's become a proper big stage now, Used to love that area, felt really intimate and was almost hidden away. Hope the rest of the weekend's weather holds out for anyone going. I drove past the site on Wednesday and I was gutted I wasn't going this year :(

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 10:38 AM, JHad said:

It's the winds I'm worried about. We can deal with the rain, but those gust predictions are still perilously close to the restrictions GM have set for stage/site closures through Fri/Sat/Sun afternoons (dropping off slightly for the evenings, by the look of it). Let's hope those hills work their magic and keep us sheltered!

How nice was it to wake up to sun! Should sort out the mud. Today and tomorrow are ‘moderate breezes’ so zero chance of site closures, which was always a massive stretch - it was last weekend that had the extreme weather.

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Fair play to Black Country New Road for playing the Far Out stage at 19:15 and then their original on Rising at 20:30

Ach, a shame but then they were clashing with Big Thief anyway. 

Surely will be the biggest audience BCNR have ever played to.

Edited by xxialac