Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

18 minutes ago, OddRon said:

sorry if this has been asked but how long does it take to get from far out to main stage, I wanna catch all of growlers but be at Father John Misty by second song of his set 

What's wrong with the first song?

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Maybe he really hates Hangout At The Gallows. (Yes, I looked up FJM's recent setlists - occasionally it's Real Love Baby but the summer dates have almost always been that)

I endorse this approach! I love 'setlist' researching and have sometimes resorted to making clash-based decisions around them. I have a friend who wants it all to be a total surprise and can't bear my 'spoilers'. 

6 minutes ago, rararachel said:

I endorse this approach! I love 'setlist' researching and have sometimes resorted to making clash-based decisions around them. I have a friend who wants it all to be a total surprise and can't bear my 'spoilers'. 

Speaking of which, it seems very hard to guess what sort of set Anais Mitchell will do. Mostly Hadestown? Any ideas? 

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have been travelling since around half 4 this morning, will be staying in Cardiff tonight (first time there; any recommendations?) and then heading to the fest tomorrow. I really hope it's worth it ?

Go to Tiny Rebel or the City Arms for beers and Blue Honey Night Cafe for food; all next door to each other near the Castle.

If you download the Wriggle app there are offers on beer (from £2.50) and food (about £5) for lots of independents rather than the usual chain places.

Also, try to get a Pastel de Nata or Welsh Cake - near the entrance to the arcade; again both opposite the Castle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tjrant said:

Go to Tiny Rebel or the City Arms for beers and Blue Honey Night Cafe for food; all next door to each other near the Castle.

If you download the Wriggle app there are offers on beer (from £2.50) and food (about £5) for lots of independents rather than the usual chain places.

Also, try to get a Pastel de Nata or Welsh Cake - near the entrance to the arcade; again both opposite the Castle.

I'll check them out, cheers. I'm on my own until tomorrow so not sure whether to have an early night or see a show or something ?

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Maybe he really hates Hangout At The Gallows. (Yes, I looked up FJM's recent setlists - occasionally it's Real Love Baby but the summer dates have almost always been that)

I care more about going gets tough by the growlers than I do hangout by the gallows by fjm, so yeah nail on the head

don't really wanna risk it cause like you said, occasionally it's real love baby or Hollywood cemetery forever sings 

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'll check them out, cheers. I'm on my own until tomorrow so not sure whether to have an early night or see a show or something ?

3 hours ago, tjrant said:

Top advice... it’s nice around there.  If you want to pick up some cans for the festival tiny rebel are doing 12 for £20. Got me some this lunch time. Also they are doing stay-puff, cwtch, lush, juicy, and cask ipa at greenman FYI if you want to do some “revision”

31 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Got in and set up camp in classic Green Man weather-sunny and raining at the same time. The ground is still very good but can see orange car park being a major issue on Monday morning.

Yep, think I'm going to park and ride.

Happy green man everyone!

Sorry to those who aren't making it, especially @lessthanwill1!

Also, a weird diet question- but has anyone attempted to do Green Man on a low FODMAP diet (e.g avoiding garlic and onions)? (it's for digestion issues)