Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So the bad weather and the pretty average lineup seem to have merged into the same period for me at least. Friday is not a great day.

Then Saturday and Sunday come along with a tonne of great stuff, the rain mostly stays away and the sun comes out. 

I'll take that!

So much good music on Friday, though! 

4 minutes ago, timbrass said:

What's the state of the ground?

Impossible to say for the main site because it doesn't open until lunchtime tomorrow, but it's not too bad in Settlers. Wet and occasionally boggy but ok.

You won't have any problems getting tent pegs in!

There's no work for me today, which is fortunate because I wouldn't be fucking doing owt anyway. Just mainlining Car Seat Headrest and The Beths and Julia Jacklin and Self Esteem and Ezra Collective and Ex:Re and Big Thief and Sharon Van Etten and Sons Of Kemet and Anaïs Mitchell and Jesca Hoop, and looking at pics from previous years ?

• Like 2

Met office and other forecasts looking better as of this morning - Saturday light showers til lunchtime then dry, then light showers on Sunday. Most of Friday still looking pretty wet though.

No idea why I'm paying any attention as the weather could be completely different anyway! Just want to get there now. Can't wait for Big Thief and Stereolab on Saturday.

It's the winds I'm worried about. We can deal with the rain, but those gust predictions are still perilously close to the restrictions GM have set for stage/site closures through Fri/Sat/Sun afternoons (dropping off slightly for the evenings, by the look of it). Let's hope those hills work their magic and keep us sheltered!

On my way down now to my first Green Man, going to be stewarding (thanks again to those who gave me some advice earlier in this thread). I love the train journey to a festival, such a great feeling.

Really looking forward to it, weather might not be perfect but I’m not overly fussed tbh. Still don’t know my shifts yet, plenty across the weekend for me though so think I’ll be ok with whatever I get.

The weather forecast is so changeable that it's already changed massively for today. Meant to be pissing it down all day according to the forecast yesterday, but now it looks like it's drying up around lunch time. Which is good for me as I wasn't looking forward to setting up my tent in the rain when I get on site this afternoon

44 minutes ago, JHad said:

It's the winds I'm worried about. We can deal with the rain, but those gust predictions are still perilously close to the restrictions GM have set for stage/site closures through Fri/Sat/Sun afternoons (dropping off slightly for the evenings, by the look of it). Let's hope those hills work their magic and keep us sheltered!

The site is relatively sheltered being in the bottom of a valley. 

Met office is currently saying gusts of up 20mph for right now but there’s next to no wind here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, fur_q said:

Met office is currently saying gusts of up 20mph for right now but there’s next to no wind here. 

Yeah, I'm not worried about the winds at all for this reason and even the forecast winds would not stop the party.

20 minutes ago, rug568 said:

The weather forecast is so changeable that it's already changed massively for today. Meant to be pissing it down all day according to the forecast yesterday, but now it looks like it's drying up around lunch time. Which is good for me as I wasn't looking forward to setting up my tent in the rain when I get on site this afternoon

The worst of the rain has gone. Spitting now and the sun is also coming out through the clouds.

3 minutes ago, fur_q said:

That's the best news I've heard all week! :) 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I'm not worried about the winds at all for this reason and even the forecast winds would not stop the party.

30 mph gusts are the threshold for stage closures, as stated in GMs safety documentation and agreement with the local council, and gusts are forecast above that for Crickhowell at various points on each of Fri/Sat/Sun. It's the gusts, not winds, which are the potential worry. Hopefully, the site remains as sheltered as the winds veer slightly more from the west, as fur_q says it is from the worst of today's storm.