Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, benali said:

Yeah, there's a general store selling milk and loads of other stuff at the sort of overinflated prices we'll regularly be seeing once Brexit kicks in. 

Yeah, all the main retailers must be rubbing their hands at an excuse to raise prices across the board way over and above the increase to their costs, safe that they can hide behind the arrival of Brexit. We have voted to make ourselves poorer.

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Anyway, changing subject, does anyone know if Babbling Tongues gets rammed when it's raining? Remember trying to see some comedy at Latitude years ago and the tent being too full to get in.

Kind of, but it often looks busier than it is. People tend to mass at the back, unsure of whether to try and grab any seats available near the front in case the comedian picks on them.

There's often quite a change in crowd between acts too. If it's rammed for one it will often thin out before the next one starts.

It will be busy, but not impossible to get in if you can put up with people tutting as you shove through. Haha. 

1 minute ago, benali said:

Kind of, but it often looks busier than it is. People tend to mass at the back, unsure of whether to try and grab any seats available near the front in case the comedian picks on them.

There's often quite a change in crowd between acts too. If it's rammed for one it will often thin out before the next one starts.

It will be busy, but not impossible to get in if you can put up with people tutting as you shove through. Haha. 

Very helpful, cheers.

3 hours ago, mark_ovens said:

Any tips on the best spot(s) to camp for an Green Man first timer?

Depends when you’re arriving and what you’re after. Last two years I’ve camped near the Tangerine Field pre pitched tents and it’s been great. Bit more of a walk in but worth it and you’re pretty close to one of the arena entrances. 

Hi! Been to Green Man twice before, but not for a few years and this year I'll be solo festivaling for the first time! The beer looks great, trying to work out a budget for the 4 days, how much on average for a pint of the craft stuff and how much for the main festival beer? Can you pay on card?

ta

Coming for the first time with wife and daughter in tow. Saw an old map on line which had family camping in with the settlers? Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether quiet camping would be ok for a family with a decent sized tent especially as it seems closer to the orange car park. The trek down to the family camping looks daunting! 

Just now, Sean1234321 said:

They played Not at EOTR last year...it's a great song and I was very surprised that it wasn't on UFOF, and well this obviously explains why.

Ah cool, thought they were a bit frustrating at EOTR last year so I quickly gave up and went elsewhere.

But doubly looking forward to seeing them this year to make up for it!

28 minutes ago, Miss_Boo said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap carparks?  I have an orange carpark pass but really want to get nearer to the Family camping which seems to be near the Blue carpark.

Unless any Efestivallers living/working in London want to do a swap?

That's a big no,  I've stewarded it the past couple of years and had to turn a lot of people away from blue car park two years ago who were trying to do the same thing.  I highly doubt it's changed this year.

42 minutes ago, Miss_Boo said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap carparks?  I have an orange carpark pass but really want to get nearer to the Family camping which seems to be near the Blue carpark.

Unless any Efestivallers living/working in London want to do a swap?

Sorry for being a bit thick but if the Blue Carpark is close to the site and the Orange Carpark is far, why would anyone want to swap? And why would it be a big no? Doesn't it result in the same number of cars in each car park if so?

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sorry for being a bit thick but if the Blue Carpark is close to the site and the Orange Carpark is far, why would anyone want to swap? And why would it be a big no? Doesn't it result in the same number of cars in each car park if so?

They're both next to the site, just different sides (from what I can see on the map).  Blue carpark is nearest to family camping.  So if you don't have kids you might want to camp over the quiet side away from the pesky rugrats up at 7am!

and I think @rug568 meant it's a big "No" if you have an Orange ticket and try and park in the Blue campsite (not if you swap with someone).

Edited by Miss_Boo

2 hours ago, Jackethx said:

Hi guys

I'll be joining you on Thursday. Quick one - are slabs/crates of lager available to buy on site for campsite consumption? If so, what price are they? Or do you have to walk into the nearby town to pick up beer?

Cheers!

I've never seen slabs of lager being sold on site.  Think it's a trek into Crickhowell for you.  It'll be a bit of a slog carrying heavy slabs o' beer though.  

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Blue Car Park is much, much smaller than Orange.  Blue Car park tickets sell out in about 20 minutes when Early Birds go on sale.  While the distance to all camping is shorter from Blue, the distance from Orange isn't that far - certainly compared to Glasto.  The other downside of Orange (and likely applicable this year) is the potential for your car getting stuck in mud when leaving.  Less of a problem in Blue as less vehicles to churn it up.

For any Black Country New Road fans who won’t be able to catch them at GM as you’ll be waiting at the barrier for Stereolab to blow you away, you can catch them on Saturday 14th Sep in London for £5. 

The quietus have announced the line up for their  All Our Tomorrows Festival. BCNR are headlining the Saturday with 8 other bands playing on the day so great value! Squid headlining the first day on Thursday. 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, StevoLancs said:

Hi! Been to Green Man twice before, but not for a few years and this year I'll be solo festivaling for the first time! The beer looks great, trying to work out a budget for the 4 days, how much on average for a pint of the craft stuff and how much for the main festival beer? Can you pay on card?

ta

It's £4.50 to £5 for your normal ales. Seem to remember some of the craft beers were £6 or so last year.

Not sure about card payment. Don't think I've ever tried. Less likely in the courtyard where all the best ales are, maybe in the main bar though. There's cash machines on site if you run out.

And yes, the beer is amazing. Better than any other festival I've been to.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, StevoLancs said:

ta

On twitter GM said the bars will all take card this year

• Upvote 1