Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, JHad said:

This wasn't the response I was expecting when I went out of my way to help people on what is supposedly a friendly forum.

Or is it standard procedure for some people to try make new members of the forum feel as uncomfortable as possible like some archaic old boys club? ?

For the children here, the forecast is: ?️  :P 

I agree people are getting so worked up other someone going Into detail about the weather.. don't know what the harm is and personally enjoy the in depth look at what weather we should expect 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:42 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Disaster has struck and I shall no longer be able to attend. To say that I’m gutted would be a massive understatement. 

Hope you all have a great time and see you all in the 2020 thread! Think i’ll have to get early bird tickets to make up for the disappointment. 

Sorry to hear that and hope all is well with you and yours.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JHad said:

This wasn't the response I was expecting when I went out of my way to help people on what is supposedly a friendly forum.

Or is it standard procedure for some people to try make new members of the forum feel as uncomfortable as possible like some archaic old boys club? ?

For the children here, the forecast is: ?️  :P 

Pay no mind. Your contributions are much appreciated and weather obsession is very much a part of things on these forums. Keep it coming!

@JHad  I ave found your info interesting. 

When I go on BBC Weather page it largely says Light Rain but the chance of rain at any given hour is only around 20%. Does that mean it is expected to rain for 20% of that hour OR that during that hour there's 20% chance that there will be rain. OR that at any given moment during that hour there's a 20% chance of rain and therefore it will rain at some point in that hour. 

1 minute ago, Declan said:

@JHad  I ave found your info interesting. 

When I go on BBC Weather page it largely says Light Rain but the chance of rain at any given hour is only around 20%. Does that mean it is expected to rain for 20% of that hour OR that during that hour there's 20% chance that there will be rain. OR that at any given moment during that hour there's a 20% chance of rain and therefore it will rain at some point in that hour. 

Cheers, @Declan

There's some useful info here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/about/17185651

At this point though what it really means in practical terms for GMers is that there's rain coming through but it's too far out to accurately predict where and when it will occur (certainly to the hour, anyway). It'll probably be raining for about 20% of the time over the weekend, so hence the general baseline percentage given throughout. Nearer the time, the problem with apps and online forecasts giving percentage chances of rain for specific locations are that tiny shifts change those numbers every couple of hours, so it's always good to take them with a pinch of salt and look at the overall pattern. Hope that makes sense!

• Upvote 4

thank you for posting @benali

Saturday afternoon pulling clashy surprises ... 

Not happy with KOKOKO! / Big Thief / Porridge Radio and Sons of Kemet / The Big Moon / (with Tiny Ruins overlap too!) 

EDIT: must be that Stereolab/Car Seat Headrest clash they were avoiding? Time for me to get to know Car Seat Headrest, I think! 

Edited by rararachel