Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

37 minutes ago, byny said:

Hey there. First timer here. I wondered if you might answer some questions and sorry if they are already covered somewhere else. 

I am coming with a 8 year old. We are long time Glastonbury goers. Will there be things like toast/toasted sarnies/fruit/jacket potatoes for a picky eater? While I will eat curry and noodles he won’t touch them. 

Is it similar to Glastonbury where once you are in you are in and no wristband checking? 

We are coming on a Thursday and know we should walk a bit from the orange carparks to find quieter camping. How long, roughly, will it take to walk to family camping and do we just go through the site rather than around? 

Really looking forward to seeing Aldous Harding and Idles - anything else you would recommend - music or otherwise? 

??

Pretty sure you’ll be ok with food the young one; it’s a real child friendly festival and I’m sure they’ll have it covered. 

I’ve been twice and I’m sure wrist bands do get a cursory glance as you go from camping into the arena area but it’s no stress at all. 

On the map family camping looks like it’s a fair way from the orange car park; maybe 20 mins once you’re in but if you’re used to Glasto it’s nothing; you could just camp in general, it seems pretty chilled. You walk through the camping area around the arena.

Check out Snapped Ankles late on Friday night.

Green Man is ace, you’ll love it.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

The forecast for next weekend on some models, as of yesterday, would’ve been enough to shut the arena down for at least a few hours - but we’ve had some absolutely shocking weather there over the years and it still goes from strength to strength, so I’m sure it will be great!

33 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Part of the A40 about fifteen miles further on than Glanusk Park going west was closed due to a fallen tree yesterday, but, again, three years ago there were gales across the country - I've found a 63mph reading for the Mumbles, which is around fiftymiles away, and yesterday 64mph was registered in the same spot - and all that happened was one of the bars was briefly closed.

In other news Brigid Mae Power has tweeted her Walled Garden Thursday night set is at 9pm, which is the time listed on the Clashfinder (which are exactly the same times as last year's Far Out because I didn't know what else to do with them) so I'd guess the Far Out times are being shifted around this year.

Glad to hear that local valley conditions tend to be less severe than the overall synoptic picture. It's very difficult to apply overlying wind speed to predict gusts in a complex environment like that, so that local knowledge/experience is invaluable ?

I won't keep going on about the weather as most people are probably far more interested in the awesome lineup and all of the other goings on, but I think it's good that everybody is aware of and packs for the worst case scenario. Hopefully it doesn't come to pass and we all have a great weekend.

5 hours ago, rug568 said:

Mate that's gutting, can't think of a less deserving person to happen to after that playlist

Is there a link to the playlist that you’d be happy to share? Sorry if I’ve missed the post...

Really sorry you (author of said list) can’t make it now btw, I know I would be gutted ?

7 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

Is there a link to the playlist that you’d be happy to share? Sorry if I’ve missed the post...

Really sorry you (author of said list) can’t make it now btw, I know I would be gutted ?

Here you go. It's a great playlist and I hope Will takes some solace from how much he'll have helped the rest of us out, even though he's unable to make it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

Pretty sure you’ll be ok with food the young one; it’s a real child friendly festival and I’m sure they’ll have it covered. 

I’ve been twice and I’m sure wrist bands do get a cursory glance as you go from camping into the arena area but it’s no stress at all. 

On the map family camping looks like it’s a fair way from the orange car park; maybe 20 mins once you’re in but if you’re used to Glasto it’s nothing; you could just camp in general, it seems pretty chilled. You walk through the camping area around the arena.

Check out Snapped Ankles late on Friday night.

Green Man is ace, you’ll love it.

The double decker bus by the comedy tent will probably be a good source of toast and snacks for a kid, but as above there is loads of choice. 

Wristbands get checked as you walk from campsite to the stage areas. They are reasonably consistent with these. Expect to get checked most times you go through. 

There's so much good music this year. It's more a case of choosing what not to see rather than having to trawl through the line up to find things. I'm very much looking forward to Stereolab, Four Tet, Pigsx7, Tiny Ruins, Bodega, Jesca Hoop, Idles, Yak, Liminanas, Squid, Pottery and Snapped Ankles.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JHad said:

Glad to hear that local valley conditions tend to be less severe than the overall synoptic picture. It's very difficult to apply overlying wind speed to predict gusts in a complex environment like that, so that local knowledge/experience is invaluable ?

I won't keep going on about the weather as most people are probably far more interested in the awesome lineup and all of the other goings on, but I think it's good that everybody is aware of and packs for the worst case scenario. Hopefully it doesn't come to pass and we all have a great weekend.

Are you a weatherman? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Them on record really doesn't live up to them live, an incredible and indescribable experience

Agreed, good shout. I’d never heard of them last year when I saw them late one night at Green Man; was a great gig and they ve got better each time since. Saw them twice at Glasto and it’s a riot ??

22 hours ago, DJL said:

Gutted but we can't go because my step-son is ill, so have two 4 day tickets and a parking permit for sale, just want to cover costs and sell securely. Based in the East Midlands... http://www.scarletmist.com/index.php/buy/listtickets/51865

Bump (with updated link listed for this year's event, doh) http://www.scarletmist.com/index.php/buy/listtickets/42421

1 hour ago, crozbie15 said:

Hi, we have a campervan ticket, any idea what time we should be looking to arrive to get a good spot on Thursday morning. We are only 3 miles away from the site. Thanks

The campervan arrangements are pretty basic, they pack everyone in, nose to tail, in lanes. The earlier you arrive the closer you'll be to the exit down to the arena but it's not going to make very much difference overall. There's normally a queue along the A40 waiting for the 10am opening time, which is an accident waiting to happen as non-festival traffic overtakes it. Probably best to get there really early (9am ish) or wait till the queue has gone (11am onwards).

Edited by Suggestives
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Suggestives said:

Not the word I had in mind ?

This wasn't the response I was expecting when I went out of my way to help people on what is supposedly a friendly forum.

Or is it standard procedure for some people to try make new members of the forum feel as uncomfortable as possible like some archaic old boys club? ?

For the children here, the forecast is: ?️  :P 

• Upvote 1