Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, pezzypops said:

How are the food stalls at Green Man?

First time there and debating whether to take cooking kit/food

I never have done at Glastonbury, just eaten there and I'm assuming the food at GM will be comparable to that?

The food is fantastic. I always take my cooking equipment but normally give up on Friday morning

From memory last year they had a La Grande Bouffe stall, which was always one of my Glastonbury favourites, and also some excellent coffee and cake stalls.  I still like to be able to produce my own breakfast and have a late night cup of cocoa (life in the fast lane!).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pezzypops said:

How are the food stalls at Green Man?

First time there and debating whether to take cooking kit/food

I never have done at Glastonbury, just eaten there and I'm assuming the food at GM will be comparable to that?

Food is really good, especially the dragon eggs ( home made scotch eggs). We sort out our own breakfast; big duck egg, bacon and mushroom sandwiches which sees me through to a late lunch. I’ll probably live off of Goan fish curry and the street food  vegan place; can’t remember the name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Gutted but we can't go because my step-son is ill, so have two 4 day tickets and a parking permit for sale, just want to cover costs and sell securely. Based in the East Midlands... http://www.scarletmist.com/index.php/buy/listtickets/51865

Just messaged a friend about these

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Disaster has struck and I shall no longer be able to attend. To say that I’m gutted would be a massive understatement. 

Hope you all have a great time and see you all in the 2020 thread! Think i’ll have to get early bird tickets to make up for the disappointment. 

Feel for you - happened to me last year for EOTR. Hope all is okay.

Disaster has struck and I shall no longer be able to attend. To say that I’m gutted would be a massive understatement. 

Hope you all have a great time and see you all in the 2020 thread! Think i’ll have to get early bird tickets to make up for the disappointment. 

Mate that's gutting, can't think of a less deserving person to happen to after that playlist

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully see you at Festival somewhere down the line!

I've just been looking into the weather again. It's still looking like a very breezy weekend (borderline for stage closures according to Met Office gust forecasts, although currently only for a short period on Saturday). That's obviously going to affect sound quality at a minimum. What are people's experiences of the sound on site when conditions are far from ideal? Is it worth trying to see anybody on the quieter end of the spectrum? Will it be a case of just hanging out in a tent?

1 hour ago, PresentlyTense said:

Feel for you - happened to me last year for EOTR. Hope all is okay.

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

Mate that's gutting, can't think of a less deserving person to happen to after that playlist

58 minutes ago, JHad said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully see you at Festival somewhere down the line!

Thanks guys. It's really gutting as this is honestly one of the best lineups ever for me personally but nothing I can do about it sadly! 

Will make next year that much better having missed out! Will hopefully make it to Glasto next year as well. Bought a ticket for Mirrors Festival in November to soften the blow haha. 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JHad said:

I've just been looking into the weather again. It's still looking like a very breezy weekend (borderline for stage closures according to Met Office gust forecasts, although currently only for a short period on Saturday). That's obviously going to affect sound quality at a minimum. What are people's experiences of the sound on site when conditions are far from ideal? Is it worth trying to see anybody on the quieter end of the spectrum? Will it be a case of just hanging out in a tent?

It’s improved a fair bit in the last day so fingers crossed it keeps improving! Never really had a problem with sound anywhere except the far out tent which can be hit and miss (regardless of weather)

4 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

It’s improved a fair bit in the last day so fingers crossed it keeps improving! Never really had a problem with sound anywhere except the far out tent which can be hit and miss (regardless of weather)

Hopefully!

It looks to all depend on the development and track of another low pressure system next weekend. It's looking likely to form, but hit the UK further north than this weekend's system. The exact track, timing and depth of the system are all unclear, with huge variability between model runs. Let's hope it stays weak and a long way north!

7 minutes ago, JHad said:

Hopefully!

It looks to all depend on the development and track of another low pressure system next weekend. It's looking likely to form, but hit the UK further north than this weekend's system. The exact track, timing and depth of the system are all unclear, with huge variability between model runs. Let's hope it stays weak and a long way north!

You’re worrying for nothing. The problem was this weekend not next.

Green Man will go ahead just fine and a bit of wind won’t affect the quality of the sound or our enjoyment of it.

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You’re worrying for nothing. The problem was this weekend not next.

Green Man will go ahead just fine and a bit of wind won’t affect the quality of the sound or our enjoyment of it.

That's alright then, we'll just ignore the experts and bow down to blind optimism! That seems to work well ?

Hey there. First timer here. I wondered if you might answer some questions and sorry if they are already covered somewhere else. 

I am coming with a 8 year old. We are long time Glastonbury goers. Will there be things like toast/toasted sarnies/fruit/jacket potatoes for a picky eater? While I will eat curry and noodles he won’t touch them. 

Is it similar to Glastonbury where once you are in you are in and no wristband checking? 

We are coming on a Thursday and know we should walk a bit from the orange carparks to find quieter camping. How long, roughly, will it take to walk to family camping and do we just go through the site rather than around? 

Really looking forward to seeing Aldous Harding and Idles - anything else you would recommend - music or otherwise? 

??

Part of the A40 about fifteen miles further on than Glanusk Park going west was closed due to a fallen tree yesterday, but, again, three years ago there were gales across the country - I've found a 63mph reading for the Mumbles, which is around fiftymiles away, and yesterday 64mph was registered in the same spot - and all that happened was one of the bars was briefly closed.

In other news Brigid Mae Power has tweeted her Walled Garden Thursday night set is at 9pm, which is the time listed on the Clashfinder (which are exactly the same times as last year's Far Out because I didn't know what else to do with them) so I'd guess the Far Out times are being shifted around this year.

Edited by SweepingTheNation