Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

From the back of Far Out to Rising doesn't take long at all, especially if you avoid the Courtyard.

There's no long walk between stages at all. Maximum 10 minutes to get anywhere and even quicker if you have to. 

Thinking about doing that walk while typing this out is getting me all excited. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, papapownall said:

So excited about Green Man. FIrst time there. Can anyone tell me whether it is a short / medium / long distance from the car park to the settlers camping? Many thanks 

You're in for a treat! 

If you're in blue car park, its minutes,  probably 10-12 mins from its most distant points! 

Having gone from being a bit underwhelmed by the line up, I've just gone through clashfinder and the only time I'm going for a wee is sunday lunchtime!! 

Having said that, not much going on the rest of sunday so its new music discovery day! Any recommendations, prefer psych/indie to americana! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bexj said:

Having gone from being a bit underwhelmed by the line up, I've just gone through clashfinder and the only time I'm going for a wee is sunday lunchtime!! 

Having said that, not much going on the rest of sunday so its new music discovery day! Any recommendations, prefer psych/indie to americana! 

Yak, Pottery, Wych Elm, Chappaqua Wrestling and Liminanas are all on Sunday and should fit your criteria.

2 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

How cramped do the campsites get? Tents on top of tents? Or a bit of breathing space?

Compared to Glasto it's really easy. Especially if you walk a bit further in. You can actually have all your guy ropes out too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tjrant said:

On Instagram they just said that the stage times will only be available 'onsite'.

I think this is the same as previous years when one of the Settlement types posts a picture of the programme?

If I get a signal, I will post them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

Compared to Glasto it's really easy. Especially if you walk a bit further in. You can actually have all your guy ropes out too.

Nice one. Just looking at a map from a couple years back and I’m assuming there have been no major changes? I’ll be coming in from orange car park. I’ll probably head for quiet camping but if it’s full, which part of general camping should I head to for a bit more space?

4AFAD684-CC2F-486E-98C8-2E506B93DFD6.thumb.jpeg.582bab958f72bc137bfc79f7ceea8347.jpeg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Nice one. Just looking at a map from a couple years back and I’m assuming there have been no major changes? I’ll be coming in from orange car park. I’ll probably head for quiet camping but if it’s full, which part of general camping should I head to for a bit more space?

4AFAD684-CC2F-486E-98C8-2E506B93DFD6.thumb.jpeg.582bab958f72bc137bfc79f7ceea8347.jpeg

As far away from the Orange Car Park as possible, so where it shows General Camping to the right hand side of the map (and beyond).  If you are used to Glastonbury, then the distances / terrain getting there are unlikely to be a problem for you.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

I camp in the general camping to the right of Tangerine Fields. If you pitch right next to the line of pre-pitched tents there’s always a clear walk way to the path and last year there was no one camped in the pre pitched tents anywhere near us. It’s also close to the main stage and there are showers near by if you’re up early enough. 

• Upvote 1

Quiet camping is the settlers field for the first few days. Normally plenty of space there all weekend because most people arriving from Thursday onwards are in the orange car park and can't be arsed to walk all that way with their stuff. 

• Upvote 1