Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Hi all! Looking for a ticket for a girlfriend who is desperate to join me this year! On the off chance anybody has a spare, there’s at least one pint from the ale festival in it for you (and obviously I’ll pay for the ticket!). Checking Twickets but nothing yet. Thanks in advance! Pete

On 7/28/2019 at 9:56 PM, Justiceforcedave said:

Spell binding live acts: Already got Idles and Sharon at the top of my list (seen both before) and heard great things about Car Seat Headrest. 

Anyone else on the bill got a reputation for being especially ace live?

Personally, really enjoy Lamb live, def better than on record (which I like s well)

1 hour ago, Johnnyb123 said:

pigs x7 v Julia Jacklin 

I love that this is a clash for you haha. Couldn’t get much different! 

The only clash I’ve still got to work out in my head is Friday night between the end of Steve Mason and the start of Snapped Ankles.

Option 1: All of Khruangbin > As much Yo La Tengo as possible. 

Option 2:  See a bit of BRJ (hope he plays Mither early on) > All of Just Mustard > All of Yo La Tengo.

52 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I love that this is a clash for you haha. Couldn’t get much different! 

The only clash I’ve still got to work out in my head is Friday night between the end of Steve Mason and the start of Snapped Ankles.

Option 1: All of Khruangbin > As much Yo La Tengo as possible. 

Option 2:  See a bit of BRJ (hope he plays Mither early on) > All of Just Mustard > All of Yo La Tengo.

On first point - yeah but really like both. Probably go with pigs coz it’s Friday night 

Inbetween SM and SA - yeah as well. Just mustard and first half of Maribou State I reckon 

21 minutes ago, Johnnyb123 said:

On first point - yeah but really like both. Probably go with pigs coz it’s Friday night 

Inbetween SM and SA - yeah as well. Just mustard and first half of Maribou State I reckon 

That Julia Jacklin, Whitney and Fats Whites is almost perfect for me. Only thing is the Squid clash with FWF but I can still see a bit of Squid and also I’ll catch them at EOTR. 

10 minutes ago, SighMo said:

That Julia Jacklin, Whitney and Fats Whites is almost perfect for me. Only thing is the Squid clash with FWF but I can still see a bit of Squid and also I’ll catch them at EOTR. 

I reckon we’ll see Dry Cleaning at the rising, and then shuffle over to see the Fats take the stage as the sun goes down. Gutted to miss Squid but something’s gotta give.

Plans never go to plan in the event tho, but definitely won’t be missing Fats - I’ve got a feeling that’s going to be one of the stand out events of the weekend. They’re a band that can own that big stage 

Edited by Johnnyb123

I read recently Green Man stating the music starts at 5 on the Thursday. Hopefully that means the two stages are staggered on the Thursday and I can see at least some of Alex Rex along with Bodega. I'm assuming the Clashfinder isn't accurate for the Thursday as it's the first time the Walled Garden has been used on the Thursday?

38 minutes ago, ElGanzo said:

I read recently Green Man stating the music starts at 5 on the Thursday. Hopefully that means the two stages are staggered on the Thursday and I can see at least some of Alex Rex along with Bodega. I'm assuming the Clashfinder isn't accurate for the Thursday as it's the first time the Walled Garden has been used on the Thursday?

You're right, I had no idea what to do with Walled Garden times so they're there as a placeholder.

Does anyone know if Bill Ryder-Jones is doing his set with a band or on his own? I noticed he put out a different version of his latest album the other day and is doing a solo piano tour later in the year. Listening to the new version of Don't Be Scared I Love You now and much prefer the original version.

Help! Has everyone gotten their tickets in the mail yet? I am starting to panic as I leave for England on the 5th and no ticket in sight.  I emailed to inquire about it but it took them a few days to respond and they just told me to email them a week before if no ticket. :(  not that useful as I will at Boomtown that week. I hate not having my ducks in a row. If the ticket does not arrive today I will start pestering them again. 

27 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Are you allowed to leave the site and come back in? Is the surrounding area nice for walks?

Yep. Although I think I’ve seen on Twitter that the path along the river towards Crickhowell is closed during the festival so you would have to walk along the road (it’s normally open but I think the estate owners are doing some work on it or something...). 

I’m planning on walking up Table Mountain on Friday morning. That’s the mountain/hill you see behind the main stage. Meant to be around 4 hours or so! 

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yep. Although I think I’ve seen on Twitter that the path along the river towards Crickhowell is closed during the festival so you would have to walk along the road (it’s normally open but I think the estate owners are doing some work on it or something...). 

I’m planning on walking up Table Mountain on Friday morning. That’s the mountain/hill you see behind the main stage. Meant to be around 4 hours or so! 

Walking along the roads ain't great (and I have done it via both roads) as there's no footpath on either.  If the river walk is closed, instead of crossing the river by the bridge at the bottom of the site, you can go uphill and walk along the canal before descending back down to the road and crossing the road bridge into Crickhowell.  And yes, there are a number of good walks in the area.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

My friend and I might do that on Thursday! Thinking of walking into Crickhowell, getting lunch, then walking up the mountain. Perhaps we'll take a picnic instead if the weather's nice, and will probably have a few joints too ?

4 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Walking along the roads ain't great (and I have done it via both roads) as there's no footpath on either.  If the river walk is closed, instead of crossing the river by the bridge at the bottom of the site, you can go uphill and walk along the canal before descending back down to the road and crossing the road bridge into Crickhowell.  And yes, there are a number of good walks in the area.

Thanks for this. I often run into Crickhowell along the river trail and run back via the road above the site. Never realised you could access the canal between the site and Crickhowell. I'll definitely try this.

Its a really pleasant walk along the canal, about 4 miles into Crickhowell, steep climb up to it at the festival end and steep descent again at the Crickhowell end though, but nice and flat the rest of the way.

Fine tuning plans, and have some more newbie questions

how long does it take to get between stages? Specifically...  Far Out to Rising

... And are there ever issues 'getting in' to stages/tents, one-in-one out situations? 

two weeks to go...! 

5 minutes ago, rararachel said:

Fine tuning plans, and have some more newbie questions

how long does it take to get between stages? Specifically...  Far Out to Rising

... And are there ever issues 'getting in' to stages/tents, one-in-one out situations? 

two weeks to go...! 

Imagine given the small scale of the site the answer to the first is mere minutes. Sure someone can confirm. 

Very interested in the answer to the second too! Does the Far Out get full such that you can't get in? Especially if it rains?!

• Upvote 1