Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Green Man have been active on twitter this morning, but ignored the tweet asking for confirmation about BSS still playing. So defo seems like they've pulled out, which is a shame. I've only listened to them a little bit so far but they were one of my highlights of the Friday lineup based on what I've heard.

I'd guess they're letting BSS confirm it first if true, especially if they're scrapping the whole European tour.

No BSS would leave the Far Out stage looking stronger than the Mountain on Friday for me. 

I wonder if they'd replace them, promote a band from another part of the line up or just extend the set times to cover the gap.

BSS are due to play quite a few gigs around the UK that week and all dates are listed on their website but if GM have gone to the trouble of removing them I guess they are gone.

4 minutes ago, Happyboypricey said:

No BSS would leave the Far Out stage looking stronger than the Mountain on Friday for me. 

I wonder if they'd replace them, promote a band from another part of the line up or just extend the set times to cover the gap.

BSS are due to play quite a few gigs around the UK that week and all dates are listed on their website but if GM have gone to the trouble of removing them I guess they are gone.

What have they done in the past when a reasonably big act has cancelled too late to be properly replaced?

Just now, xxialac said:

What have they done in the past when a reasonably big act has cancelled too late to be properly replaced?

Few people dropped out last year and were replaced by decent acts. John Maus dropped out and was replaced by The Wedding Present and Matt Maltese replaced Insecure Men for example.

John Talabot and Kelly Lee Owens dropped out during the actual festival and were replaced by bands already on the line up doing another set. 

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Few people dropped out last year and were replaced by decent acts. John Maus dropped out and was replaced by The Wedding Present and Matt Maltese replaced Insecure Men for example.

John Talabot and Kelly Lee Owens dropped out during the actual festival and were replaced by bands already on the line up doing another set. 

Very helpful info - thanks.

I've always assumed good sized festivals have backup plans and lists if there's a withdrawal in certain slots - see how all the festivals Fontaines DC were playing over the coming weeks have already announced a replacement. Last year John Maus cancelled on July 29th and the Wedding Present were officially added on 7th August.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I've always assumed good sized festivals have backup plans and lists if there's a withdrawal in certain slots - see how all the festivals Fontaines DC were playing over the coming weeks have already announced a replacement. Last year John Maus cancelled on July 29th and the Wedding Present were officially added on 7th August.

I can see them going for someone like Kate Tempest in that case.

58 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

True, but if the Clashfinder timings are correct, you'll miss Dry Cleaning.  Utter nightmare of a clash.

Well I really like Gwenno as well so there’s already a clash but think i’ll go with Squid.

Dry Cleaning are like the only band I haven’t listened to on the lineup so maybe ignorance is bliss! 

So due to a change in circumstances, I am now 99% certain that I am unable to go. My ticket hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, and if my circumstances haven't changed again, would someone here like  to have my ticket? Thought I should ask here first otherwise I'll just put it on Twickets I guess

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So due to a change in circumstances, I am now 99% certain that I am unable to go. My ticket hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, and if my circumstances haven't changed again, would someone here like  to have my ticket? Thought I should ask here first otherwise I'll just put it on Twickets I guess

Will message you. 

I’m stewarding for the first time this year and wanted any inside knowledge from those that have done it before or are just in the know. Which of the shift patterns fill up quickest or is it totally dependent on acts? And if so which of these are filling up first/would you imagine filling up first??

a lot of questions I know...

AB0F8C02-B009-451D-9EFB-C4703AA7BD69.png

Edited by Tkp123

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone else going to be running between the Mountain Stage and Far Out late Saturday afternoon to catch as much as Sons of Kemet, A Certain Ratio, Lee Fields and KOKOKO as possible??

Yep, Willie Healey on the Walled Garden sounds half decent too. Same with mid-afternoon Friday, going to be busy.

Who are people seeing Sunday night?

Nilüfer Yanya has great tracks and keen to spend one night at Walled Garden.

I love Father JM but seen him twice and his new album/show isn't his best, feel like seeing him at Glastonbury 2017 was his prime.

Idles in a packed tent could be a good time

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone else going to be running between the Mountain Stage and Far Out late Saturday afternoon to catch as much as Sons of Kemet, A Certain Ratio, Lee Fields and KOKOKO as possible??

for me that extends into the evening, want to see sterolab, car seat headrest, black country new road and maybe a little bit of four tet. All sounds far too stressful 

21 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Yep, Willie Healey on the Walled Garden sounds half decent too. Same with mid-afternoon Friday, going to be busy.

Who are people seeing Sunday night?

Nilüfer Yanya has great tracks and keen to spend one night at Walled Garden.

I love Father JM but seen him twice and his new album/show isn't his best, feel like seeing him at Glastonbury 2017 was his prime.

Idles in a packed tent could be a good time

Sunday night will be Sharon > IDLES for me.

Really like Nilufer but I’ve made my mind up on that one now. Not a Father John fan and have also managed to see him before (waiting on the barrier for Bjork at APE last year).

6 minutes ago, rug568 said:

for me that extends into the evening, want to see sterolab, car seat headrest, black country new road and maybe a little bit of four tet. All sounds far too stressful 

Yeah that’s also true! Stereolab and Big Thief are my no.1 and no. 3 must sees respectively so I’m just going to stay at the front for them and miss BCNR as I’m sure I’ll catch them somewhere else.

Then hopefully see as much of CSH as possible - I thought someone said here that CSH and Stereolab weren’t clashing? Maybe try and see some of Four Tet after but ultimately get in a good position for The Comet is Coming which could well be the set of the weekend in that slot!