Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

On 7/14/2019 at 11:34 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just checking that Green Man can usually be banked upon to fall on the weekend before the Bank holiday weekend? I've got a wedding that weekend next year, so gonna have to miss my first Green Man since I started going, which does sting a bit. Please no Sufjan or Joanna Newsom next year!

Glastonbury weekend is being suggested for the stag do now, gonna have to put a stop to that talk.

WTF ? 

There's plenty of time for the wedding to be rearranged ... or for you to find new family / friends ?

4 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Wow that was quite a swift reaction. Fair play. 

I don't care if you're 100 years old, in 2019 you're an idiot to make these kinds of comments and deserve to have your reputation hurt. Though it should be pointed out that not all racism is equal. They weren't anywhere near as hate-filled and toxic as others like Trump, just as affray is not the same as murder. 

46 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's hard to keep track but do people think Four Tet and Comet is Coming will clash?

I think someone said here that Stereolab and CSH aren’t clashing - presumably they asked GM and they confirmed that.

If that’s the case, then the Comet is Coming will probably be on later than they currently appear on the clashfinder so there’s a chance there might be no overlap. 

34 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

I would be grateful if anybody gives me an answer — is it feasible to walk from Llangynidr to the festival site?

I would say yes. It's only about 3 miles along the road. I usually go for a run at Green Man and ended up running through this village a couple of times. Didn't see too many cars on that road but I'd imagine it can get busy at times; there's no footpath. I suppose it depends how much you're carrying.

28 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I would say yes. It's only about 3 miles along the road. I usually go for a run at Green Man and ended up running through this village a couple of times. Didn't see too many cars on that road but I'd imagine it can get busy at times; there's no footpath. I suppose it depends how much you're carrying.

Thanks!

Has anybody actually tried it? Would like to hear what it’s like — tougher than from Crickhowell?

7 hours ago, SighMo said:

Where do you run? Is it safe? Was thinking of doing this Wednesday but not sure where!

11 hours ago, zzzfest said:

Thanks!

Has anybody actually tried it? Would like to hear what it’s like — tougher than from Crickhowell?

Not tough at all. Just a straight road, slightly down hill I think. The  Crickhowell walk isn’t tough either; no hills. 

4 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Where do you run? Is it safe? Was thinking of doing this Wednesday but not sure where!

I’ve never found it a problem really. You can run to Crickhowell and back along the river; it’s a bit of an uneven surface in places but perfectly doable. If you run the roadway back from Crickhowell you do get the odd car racing past you. 

I did a 20+ mile run on the Sunday a couple of years ago which took me through Abergavenny which was a bit hilly in places and as I didn’t know the off road trails a lot of it was on the main road which wasn’t great. 

3 hours ago, rararachel said:

They haven’t cancelled any dates and Weiss left S-K days before the late stage splits so it wouldn’t add up.

I wonder if there ever will be an explanation about why it was YLT after all this time. Not that I’d say they necessarily owe anyone one.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When I was on the arena entrances we were told to ask people who walked in carrying cans to decant them, and if they didn't have a vessel then tell them to get one at a bar when they go in, no searches at all. Only thing we'd block people for was excessive amounts or glass, neither of which came up.

Interesing that.. Last year we took our own booze, wine/spirits mainly, but bought plenty of ale in there. The choice of ale and cider is superb, reasonably priced and good quality. Who wouldn't choose that over a warm fizzy can of something? Great policy! 

Green Man have been active on twitter this morning, but ignored the tweet asking for confirmation about BSS still playing. So defo seems like they've pulled out, which is a shame. I've only listened to them a little bit so far but they were one of my highlights of the Friday lineup based on what I've heard.

I wasn't that enamored by Friday evening but at least BSS were going to be one of the few highlights. Now it's looking threadbare.

I was 10 mins from seeing them at Primavera Sound 2 years ago, only for an Arcade Fire secret set to be suddenly underway with no warning so I missed them. The music gods seem to be conspiring against me seeing them...