Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

On 7/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Thanks! Did actually listen to a few of his songs thought they were pretty good - he’s got a huge amount of views on a lot of them? Is he quite famous in a particular place or something? 

Think some new artists just get lucky with the algorithms/playlists. Like George Oligive is first on the Walled Garden yet has a track with 30mil Spotify plays

47 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I'm hoping in the next few weeks more people will be selling their tickets but if anyone's selling two adult tickets please hit me up! Thanks in advance 

We managed to get two from twickets. Realised pretty quickly that the alerts are useless - they come through minutes later than the tickets are posted, by which point they have already been snapped up. 

To get in there first, I set up an auto refresh on the live greenman feed: https://www.twickets.live/tour/green-man-festival-2019/1083682342486151168?territory=GB&_ga=2.205565014.418070370.1562923500-857970293.1562923500

Every 5 seconds, I had the page auto refresh using google chrome and this tool: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-auto-refresh/jaioibhbkffompljnnipmpkeafhpicpd?hl=en

Hope this helps...

• Upvote 1

Just checking that Green Man can usually be banked upon to fall on the weekend before the Bank holiday weekend? I've got a wedding that weekend next year, so gonna have to miss my first Green Man since I started going, which does sting a bit. Please no Sufjan or Joanna Newsom next year!

Glastonbury weekend is being suggested for the stag do now, gonna have to put a stop to that talk.

Cheers for all the food info guys. Some Glastonbury favourites there last year so looks good!

Anyone know if Made of Dough was the pizza place on the track between Left Field and West Holts at Glastonbury? Had some marvellous pizza from there this year.

Edited by Andeeroo

36 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

What's the situation on-site with drinks, does anything you bring need to be confined to the campsite? If so, what're beer prices like? 

It was between £4.00 - £5.00 for a pint at most bars on site last year from my memory. The lager they sold was Wrexham Lager, which is a pretty decent pint.

Have only done the festival as staff, but my mates who were punters said it was pretty easy to sneak a couple of cans into the arena area in a jacket. 

19 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

It was between £4.00 - £5.00 for a pint at most bars on site last year from my memory. The lager they sold was Wrexham Lager, which is a pretty decent pint.

Have only done the festival as staff, but my mates who were punters said it was pretty easy to sneak a couple of cans into the arena area in a jacket. 

They don't even look in your bags. Beer there is great, but I don't take too much in, but you can basically take as many drinks as you want into the main area 

When I was on the arena entrances we were told to ask people who walked in carrying cans to decant them, and if they didn't have a vessel then tell them to get one at a bar when they go in, no searches at all. Only thing we'd block people for was excessive amounts or glass, neither of which came up.

Few clashes that I still need to resolve:

The Beths / Durand Jones

Will probably end up at The Beths but can’t shake the feeling like Durand Jones will be sublime - especially if the weather is good.

BRJ / Just Mustard / Khruangbin

Out of the 3 I probably prefer Khruangbin. But main priority is to be front and centre for YLT (despite all you naysayers on here!). Probably rather see Just Mustard over BRJ but then that might be be pushing it timing wise...

CSH / Jesca Hoop 

This is tough. Already ruled out FT in favour of these two as I’ve seen him before. Seen CSH before as well but it was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Never seen Jesca and absolutely love her so this will end up being decided in the moment. 

Eels / Hand Habits 

Absolutely love Hand Habits’ album but not sure how it will translate live. I’m no die hard Eels fan but if they play a first 3 album heavy set then it will be amazing. 

Hello folks –– new here, though have been avidly following all the forum conversation and speculation and clashfinder planning for a while – enjoying and appreciating the recommendations! Received my ticket yesterday and spending my days immersed in the clashfinder means am getting very excited indeed for my first Green Man. Had a few practical questions, grateful for any tips ...

I'm going to be heading down by myself (as well as my first Green Man, its my first festival alone..! been doing End of the Road with the same group of friends for years, but couldn't resist this line-up) – wondering if theres a forum or solo campers gathering at any point? 

I'll be taking the train from Liverpool, what's a good time to aim to get to the site to nab a good camping spot (not to hectic, not too far from toilets and showers?) ... and can anyone recommend a 'golidlocks' spot to camp that has those two magic ingredients, I don't mind a bit of a walk! 

SO looking forward.. a month to go! 

Edited by rararachel

1 hour ago, rararachel said:

I'm going to be heading down by myself (as well as my first Green Man, its my first festival alone..! been doing End of the Road with the same group of friends for years, but couldn't resist this line-up) – wondering if theres a forum or solo campers gathering at any point? 

A forum meet is usually organised nearer the time. Look out for details on here!

I'll be taking the train from Liverpool, what's a good time to aim to get to the site to nab a good camping spot (not to hectic, not too far from toilets and showers?) ... and can anyone recommend a 'golidlocks' spot to camp that has those two magic ingredients, I don't mind a bit of a walk! 

Some people (those who bought Settlers tickets) will have already been onsite for the week so they are likely to have got the “best spots”. Although thinking about it they may actually have their own camping area...anyway the site isn’t that big so there aren’t really any bad places to camp! I arrived late morning on Thursday and there was lots of room.

This is a link to the 2017 site map: https://mobile.twitter.com/greenmanfest/status/896021567196598272. Don’t think much has changed since then. The “general camping” area on the right of the main stage will probably be your best bet for showers/toilet access. 

• Like 1

Hello folks –– new here, though have been avidly following all the forum conversation and speculation and clashfinder planning for a while – enjoying and appreciating the recommendations! Received my ticket yesterday and spending my days immersed in the clashfinder means am getting very excited indeed for my first Green Man. Had a few practical questions, grateful for any tips ...

SO looking forward.. a month to go! 

I'm in a similar boat! My first Green Man and I'll be doing it solo. I did do End of the Road solo last year though so the experience isn't totally alien to me.

I'll be aiming for quiet camping and getting there for when gates open or maybe a couple of hours after. From what I understand however, even general camping is pretty sedate in comparison with other festivals so I'll think you'll be fine wherever you are!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rararachel said:

That's the first report of ticket receipt I've seen ... great to know they're on the way.

Always a forum(s) meet around 6pm on Thursday at one of the bars ... look out for details. There'll be a few EOTR regulars there too.

• Like 1