Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

So would you say you are a fan of Yo La Tengo? Interested because I absolutely love them on record but I’ve never seen them live.

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I Heard You Looking is the greatest song of all time. 

yeah I really enjoy a few of their albums but their set just felt like a quiet jam for an hour with hardly any "hits" for headliner material at all

18 minutes ago, OddRon said:

yeah I really enjoy a few of their albums but their set just felt like a quiet jam for an hour with hardly any "hits" for headliner material at all

fair enough. i really like Ex Re as well so not sure what to do for Friday night headliners. 

Khruangbin in Far Out will be excellent though and then Snapped Ankles to end the night so will be a great evening either way. Hoping I can also catch Just Mustard in the Rising Stage as well. 

Thanks so much for doing the clashfinder whoever it was! 

Provisional plan through the festival:

Thursday: Nov3l > Audiobooks (will be amazing, can't wait for this!) > Mooch around > Amadou & Mariam (tough choice as I love Pictish Trail but I've seen him before and never seen Amadou & Mariam) 

Friday: Mama's Broke > TVAM > The Beths (sad about the potential clash with Durand Jones) > Julia Jacklin > Bridget St. John > Squid (oh no the clash with Gwenno is terrible) > Broken Social Scene > Bill Ryder Jones > Khruangbin > Yo La Tengo > Snapped Ankles 

Saturday: Meic Stevens > Mapache > (hopefully bit of Hen Ogledd) > Stella Donnelley > Peaness > Sons of Kemet > A Certain Ratio > KOKOKO > Big Thief > Stereolab (the CSH/Jesca Hoop/Scalping potential clash is a killer) > Four Tet > The Comet is Coming 

Sunday: Self Esteem > Grimm Grimm > Say Sue Me > Anais Mitchell > Aldous Harding > Eels (hand habits clash!) > Sharon > Idles (wish I could see Nilufer Yanya but seems unlikely) > Deptford Northern Soul Club (who were amazing in the same slot last year). 

Wow. What an amazing festival. I think these clashes could change once we see the actual timetable but there are some potentially brutal clashes already for me. Luckily it seems like I will be able to see my top 5 though: Stereolab, Big Thief, Sharon, Idles and the Beths so that's something! Looks like I will have to miss Jesca Hoop and Nilufer Yanya who i was very excited to see. 

Hopefully there will be some time for some Cinema as I didn't see any last year. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

Apart from the absolute sky is falling down doomsday of the Car Seat Headrest / Four Tet clash, it looks like everything I want to see is evenly spread across the times and stages.

Self Esteem getting an hour to open the Mountain on the last day is lovely stuff.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Apart from the absolute sky is falling down doomsday of the Car Seat Headrest / Four Tet clash, it looks like everything I want to see is evenly spread across the times and stages.

Self Esteem getting an hour to open the Mountain on the last day is lovely stuff.

Think I remember that you saw Car Seat Headrest last year when I saw them as well on the same tour? Have you seen Four Tet live before? 

Having seen both I think i’ll be going for CSH but if you haven’t seen Four Tet then would you not go for him? 

3 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Think I remember that you saw Car Seat Headrest last year when I saw them as well on the same tour? Have you seen Four Tet live before? 

Having seen both I think i’ll be going for CSH but if you haven’t seen Four Tet then would you not go for him? 

Yeah Ive seen Car Seat Headrest twice before and Four Tet never, so it would be a straight shot for Four Tet were it not for the fact that CSH headrest are one of only two bands on the lineup that Her Indoors actually likes. Just going to pray it's not a straight clash and there's perhaps a decent half an hour or so of Four Tet I can sneak in either side of Weird Will & The Lads.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah Ive seen Car Seat Headrest twice before and Four Tet never, so it would be a straight shot for Four Tet were it not for the fact that CSH headrest are one of only two bands on the lineup that Her Indoors actually likes. Just going to pray it's not a straight clash and there's perhaps a decent half an hour or so of Four Tet I can sneak in either side of Weird Will & The Lads.

Fair enough! Last year I saw King Gizzard and most of Mount Kimbie and also saw all of Teenage Fanclub and only missed the first two songs of Fleet Foxes' set so I am sure you'll manage! 

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

everyone's sleeping on Art School Girlfriend yo 

Really like what i've heard from her but also really like Mapache and Hen Ogledd so it's a tough one! 

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

It’s actually unreal. I just went through the clashfinder and I don’t have a single gap. I’m going to be so exhausted. 

I've got some big boy gaps here and there but I've never been to green man so excited to just wander really, for the main weekend I've got three solid acts each day really 

39 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I've got some big boy gaps here and there but I've never been to green man so excited to just wander really, for the main weekend I've got three solid acts each day really 

It’s such a beautiful site I’m sure you’ll love it.

Do you know about Pete Brown’s thing in the Talking Shop (literature tent)? He picks some of his favourite songs from the bands playing and then pairs those songs with beers that you can buy on site. So he plays the song and then beers are all passed around to everyone - it’s good fun and he’s an interesting guy! 

Apparently the music quiz is pretty good as well but I’ve not been. 

There’s also a Rough Trade tent where some of the bands do more intimate sets (e.g. Courtney Marie Andrews last year) and you can have a chat. I got Lindsey Jordan to sign my Snail Mail CD last year! 

On 7/3/2019 at 12:51 AM, rug568 said:

I've been the past two years on Wednesday and it's really really easy to meet people at the train station and take a taxi. If my memory serves correctly it's a fiver each. 

In 2017 I met three people at the train station, hit it off, spent a lot of the weekend with them and did eotr with them last year and this summer.

Wednesday is also a lot of fun, you're able to explore the arena before everyone else gets there and the staff bar is open. 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:38 PM, raikeswood said:

Yes, and it's good. Access to staff camping and showers etc. Meal vouchers. There are Facebook Crew and Steward groups. One for Crew Lift Share. They might help?

Thanks very much guys!

Gonna go for it, don't know if I'm a bit late but I'll send off the application and see if I get anywhere.

Line up looks terrific, every day is strong all the way down the bill.