Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Who else is good from the undercard? Anyone?

I'm looking forward to Audiobooks, Penelope Isles, The Beths, Pig x7, Modern Nature, Jockstrap, Hen Ogledd, Stella Donnelly, Sons of Kemet, Porridge Radio, Pozi, Pottery and Yak in particular from the undercard, but the depth looks phenomenal throughout!

1 minute ago, JHad said:

I'm looking forward to Audiobooks, Penelope Isles, The Beths, Pig x7, Modern Nature, Jockstrap, Hen Ogledd, Stella Donnelly, Sons of Kemet, Porridge Radio, Pozi, Pottery and Yak in particular from the undercard, but the depth looks phenomenal throughout!

Fantastic, thanks.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wait was that a real question? I thought you were joking around. The lineup's thicc.

I meant 'anyone' else want to chip in with names. So many bands to wade through, helps to have a bit of steer.

Changing tack completely, any of this lot funny? I only know David Trent.

Kiri Pritchard-McLean, Lloyd Langford, Mike BubbinsAngela Barnes, Fin Taylor, Lazy Susan, Mawaan Rizwan, David Trent, Rob Deering, Mark Olver, Elf Lyons, Sean McLoughlin, Gavin Osborn, Dan Nightingale, Andy Robinson, Sian Docksey, Beat This, Sally-Anne Hayward, Danny Clives and Hal Branson.

34 minutes ago, JHad said:

Very exciting! Sunday does look particularly stacked.

I'm excited by the additions of Villagers, Snapped Ankles and Self Esteem.

Have The Mauscovic Dance Band dropped off the line-up, or are my eyes deceiving me?

I am pretty sure they are in chai wallahs (cw instagrammed them the other day)

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I meant 'anyone' else want to chip in with names. So many bands to wade through, helps to have a bit of steer.

Changing tack completely, any of this lot funny? I only know David Trent.

Kiri Pritchard-McLean, Lloyd Langford, Mike BubbinsAngela Barnes, Fin Taylor, Lazy Susan, Mawaan Rizwan, David Trent, Rob Deering, Mark Olver, Elf Lyons, Sean McLoughlin, Gavin Osborn, Dan Nightingale, Andy Robinson, Sian Docksey, Beat This, Sally-Anne Hayward, Danny Clives and Hal Branson.

There are no real duffers at all. They are all funny. But, if I may, can I recommend Elf Lyons, Mawaan Rizwan and Lazy Susan. I assume they won't be doing their 'usual' hour show, but all 3 had BRILLIANT hours last year.  Course, the funniest person on the bill is the CRIMINALLY underrated Mr Trent....

7 minutes ago, retromoz said:

There are no real duffers at all. They are all funny. But, if I may, can I recommend Elf Lyons, Mawaan Rizwan and Lazy Susan. I assume they won't be doing their 'usual' hour show, but all 3 had BRILLIANT hours last year.  Course, the funniest person on the bill is the CRIMINALLY underrated Mr Trent....

Just what i was looking for thank you 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

:lol: I like how you have about 90 minutes free on one day and put a call out for recommendations. You'll probably need that for a sit down!

Also, you know about A Certain Ratio don't you? Formerly of Factory records and all that.

:P I like to overplan on a first go and then whittle down. 

I do and you know what? I was sat looking at that Sons of Kemet/A Certain Ratio overlap thinking 'One of these are at Bluedot- its definitely A Certain Ratio'. It's Sons of Kemet. So consider that one replanned already. 

Cheers to those who've worked on the Clashfinder! 

Obviously things may be slightly different, but based off of that I'm looking at something like this:

Thu: Nov3l - Audibooks - Bodega - These New Puritans - Amadou & Mariam

Fri: Jerry - (Penelope Isles) - TVAM - The Beths - (Julia Jacklin) - Pigs x 7 - Whitney - (Squid) - Gwenno - Stealing Sheep - (Villagers) - Bill Ryder-Jones - Khruangbin - Ex:Re - (Maribou State) - Snapped Ankles

Sat: Modern Nature - Jockstrap - Hen Ogledd - Stella Donnelly - Peaness - Sons of Kemet - Lee Fields & The Expressions - Porridge Radio - (Big Thief) - Richard Thompson / Aiden Moffat & RM Hubbert / Black Country New Road - (Stereolab) - Car Seat Headrest - Four Tet

Sun: Self Esteem - Foxwarren - Yak - (The Liminanas) - Pottery / Aldous Harding - Eels - (Ezra Collective / James Yorkston) - Sharon Van Etten - Pozi - Father John Misty / Idles / Nilufer Yanya

Not too many savage clashes for me. Sunday looks like a fantastic way to sign off but, in terms of new music, I think I'm more excited by Fri & Sat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Who else is good from the undercard? Anyone?

There’s almost too many to list so I will try and limit it to my 5 faves:

1) The Beths (obvs!)

2) Bridget St John is a legendary folk artist from the 60s/70s

3) Black Country New Road are one of the most talked about young bands at the moment - sort of like Black Midi last year. Won’t be for everyone but certainly worth checking out!

4) Hand Habits released one of my fave albums of this year. Meg was/is the guitarist in Kevin Morby’s band amongst other things!

5) Peaness - if you like Alvvays then I’m sure you’ll love this band. Brilliant, catchy, indie rock!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, OddRon said:

they were shite on the Thursday of eotr last year as headliners, didn't deserve the smaller headline slot let alone this Friday one

So would you say you are a fan of Yo La Tengo? Interested because I absolutely love them on record but I’ve never seen them live.

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I Heard You Looking is the greatest song of all time. 

They absolutely definitely definitely lost a headliner, if not two at some point (not sure I see A&M as a Thursday night headliner compared to some they’ve had in the past). 

You can only assume they have pushed for as long as they can to get a final headliner and not come up trumps. 

Everything from the length of the delay to the fact it’s YLT who were second line on the original lineup, to the late Friday afternoon release compared to the usual 9am effort says they know it’s a dud of a headliner.

luckily the rest of the lineup is ace and, at least to me, Green Man has glasto like status of not really caring too much about the top of the bill, I’m going regardless!

2 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

They absolutely definitely definitely lost a headliner, if not two at some point (not sure I see A&M as a Thursday night headliner compared to some they’ve had in the past). 

You can only assume they have pushed for as long as they can to get a final headliner and not come up trumps. 

Everything from the length of the delay to the fact it’s YLT who were second line on the original lineup, to the late Friday afternoon release compared to the usual 9am effort says they know it’s a dud of a headliner.

luckily the rest of the lineup is ace and, at least to me, Green Man has glasto like status of not really caring too much about the top of the bill, I’m going regardless!

Let's not forget the interview last week.....in which they were the only headliner not name dropped.

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

So would you say you are a fan of Yo La Tengo? Interested because I absolutely love them on record but I’ve never seen them live.

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I Heard You Looking is the greatest song of all time. 

I was there and I loved it but I can totally see why someone wouldn't be into it and I don't really see them pulling in people who don't really know them. As much as I love them they aren't really a main stage headliner at Green Man. Would have much preferred them headlining the Far Out.

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

they were shite on the Thursday of eotr last year as headliners, didn't deserve the smaller headline slot let alone this Friday one

Agreed. I'm willing to give anything a listen, but I was properly bored. It took stubbornness (and a lack of nothing much else going on) to see through their set.