Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

2 hours ago, dpdp said:

Here is a link to the Chai Wallahs 2019 festival line-up poster, which should include the Green Man acts:

(Some bands will only be playing Kendal Calling or Shambala)

https://www.chaiwallahs.co.uk/festivals-2019/

Chai Wallahs last band Sunday night is always the set of the weekend for me. Broken brass ensemble are not to be missed 

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

I do take your point. Eels had a very good start to their career but haven't put out a good album since about the millennium - and boy that it is a long time ago now.

I agree not all the albums have been great but I still think they've brought out some amazing albums in recent years

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

And yet another week goes by!! Said 'soon' in early April.

They know 99% of the names/stage splits for sure, silly not to go public with them now. 

I agree.  Surely they could use a TBC if they can't release an artist for contractual reasons.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, dpdp said:

I agree.  Surely they could use a TBC if they can't release an artist for contractual reasons.

What contractual restrictions would there be six weeks away, though? That would only apply to a headliner and the only possible thing I can see that would place such a restriction is British Summer Time, and in terms of GM potential that would only leave Florence & the Machine (probably too big) and the National (Friday Pukkelpop headliners)

2 minutes ago, dpdp said:

Maybe they're restricted on the announcement until another festival sells out of tickets (EOTR / Latitude etc.) 

Which is why they can't be more specific about the actual date they can release the final lineup.

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me...

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

And yet another week goes by!! Said 'soon' in early April.

They know 99% of the names/stage splits for sure, silly not to go public with them now. 

They have just said "imminently" on twitter. Possibly just because they were tired of "soon" and felt like they needed to use a synonym to mix things up though :)

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

Also some of you may have already read this but there is a great write up of the history of the festival by one of the founders (Jo) on her blog:

Link

Jo talks about 2003, 2004 and 2005 and it’s a really interesting insight into how it all began! 

Really enjoyed this. Wish I had known about it back then. I was definitely buying the records (CD's) of Four Tet, Adem and Tuung around this time. 

It sounds incredibly stressful arranging a festival!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ElGanzo said:

They have just said "imminently" on twitter. Possibly just because they were tired of "soon" and felt like they needed to use a synonym to mix things up though :)

You forgot their other favourite word for this, 'incoming' :)

I think they all mean a bloody age away...

1 hour ago, dpdp said:

Maybe they're restricted on the announcement until another festival sells out of tickets (EOTR / Latitude etc.) 

Which is why they can't be more specific about the actual date they can release the final lineup.

This would only make sense to me if Green Man still had tickets available. I still think it must have been First Aid Kit cancelling their summer tour dates that has caused the delay. They just seem to fit the bill - female headliner/folk/popular with the 6Music crowd. I'm sure Green Man HQ are chuckling away at all the theories turning up on here and the GM Forum tho!

4 minutes ago, Happyboypricey said:

This would only make sense to me if Green Man still had tickets available. I still think it must have been First Aid Kit cancelling their summer tour dates that has caused the delay. They just seem to fit the bill - female headliner/folk/popular with the 6Music crowd. I'm sure Green Man HQ are chuckling away at all the theories turning up on here and the GM Forum tho!

This makes a lot more sense to me. I guess they are bumping someone else up the bill.

That said this was in mid-May and they have had enough time to sort it out by now!

37 minutes ago, Happyboypricey said:

Could be, but the second/most recent announcement was two and a half months before the dates were cancelled and of course if that is the case that still means they've gone about six weeks since then without any announcement and now bands are confirming their days for GM before GM has officially announced them as playing.

(EDIT: one of FAK's announced/cancelled dates was a Norwegian festival headline slot on the Friday! https://firstaidkitfan.com/2019/03/23/pstereo-festival/)

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1