Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

as much as I love eels, their Stock has fallen massively, so I can see main stage going Eels, Sharon and then father John, whilst the Second biggest stage has Idles as a headliner and growlers as a sub

as much as I love both fjm and Idles, they're completely different so makes sense to clash them, like car seat headrest and four tet

On 7/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, Tatterdemalion said:

Has anyone on here ever done any Stewarding at Green Man?

I'm quite keen to give it a go, haven't volunteered at a festival before but I think it could be fun. The one potential problem that might scupper the idea is having to get to the site on the Wednesday. I don't drive and although it is easy to travel from Manchester to Abergavenny on the Train it looks like the shuttle buses to the site only start on Thursday.

Does anyone know if they usually lay on transport from Abergavenny for the volunteers on the Wednesday?

Thanks

Yes, and it's good. Access to staff camping and showers etc. Meal vouchers. There are Facebook Crew and Steward groups. One for Crew Lift Share. They might help?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’ve just looked at the Sleaford Mods and PJ Harvey setup on clashfinder so how about Eels headline (ie. play the big set) Far Out and Idles close it, and then Shazza into Father as expected on the main stage.

I think that's it 

14 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

That's got to be the least likely clash out of the lot though, surely? 

Yeah you’re probably right. Would work well for me though! 

Last year they said Teenage Fanclub and Fleet Foxes weren’t clashing but there was still a fair bit of overlap so it might be a similar situation. So you could have IDLES > Sharon > FJM with Eels headlining Far our but timing wise they’re mainly clashing with Sharon with a bit of overlap into FJM’s slot. 

13 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Yeah, I can't see Idles playing the 1am post-burning slot bearing in mind not only their popularity but that that's pretty much always been an electronic act. Eels being third on the lineup page does confuse me, though, given surely SvE is the bigger name right now.

SVE might be critically acclaimed but I don’t think she’s ever had the commercial success of Eels who has a tonne of top 20 albums back in the day and a couple of big songs that were played endlessly on the radio.

8 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Eels didn't headline End Of The Road nine years ago, it's not like they've suddenly become a bigger name since.

I do take your point. Eels had a very good start to their career but haven't put out a good album since about the millennium - and boy that it is a long time ago now.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I do take your point. Eels had a very good start to their career but haven't put out a good album since about the millennium - and boy that it is a long time ago now.

Don’t forget Blinking Lights (2005)! 

But yeah, presumably all three were only available on Sunday so they could only have one headlining. FJM is definitely the biggest of the three. I wish Sharon was headlining but maybe next time!

Four Tet is a huge name these days so I’m not surprised he’s headlining. It’s also cool that he headlined the 2nd ever Green Man and has grown so much since in parallel to the growth of festival itself! 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Eels didn't headline End Of The Road nine years ago, it's not like they've suddenly become a bigger name since.

I agree with your point but compares to some previous headliners I think they would fit the bill Nicely 

7 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Don’t forget Blinking Lights (2005)! 

But yeah, presumably all three were only available on Sunday so they could only have one headlining. FJM is definitely the biggest of the three. I wish Sharon was headlining but maybe next time!

Four Tet is a huge name these days so I’m not surprised he’s headlining. It’s also cool that he headlined the 2nd ever Green Man and has grown so much since in parallel to the growth of festival itself! 

Oh you're right, I forgot about Blinking Lights which was the last good thing they did.