Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

If anyone on the green man forum on GM's website is reading this I've tried to join the forum twice now with two different email but have been unsuccessful.. 

Any advise what it may be? Each time they said they will send me an email with what to do next but both times I never received any email.

11 minutes ago, EOTGM said:

If anyone on the green man forum on GM's website is reading this I've tried to join the forum twice now with two different email but have been unsuccessful.. 

Any advise what it may be? Each time they said they will send me an email with what to do next but both times I never received any email.

This seems to be a perennial problem - have you emailed them directly or tweeted them? It’s the same person that runs them all

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I stewarded in 2017 and loved it. Only time I've stewarded, and one of my all time favourite festival experiences of the 20+ I've been to. I really can't recommend it enough.

At the time I resolved to start doing alternating years as punter/steward, but then my partner came with me last year and fell completely in love with the place and instantly claimed it as an annual staple for us.

The year I stewarded I got a shift pattern which only required me to work Friday, Saturday Sunday. I set off driving on Wednesday lunchtime (also from Manchester), but on the way down crashed my car in the middle of nowhere and the RAC didn't find me until 5 hours later, by which time it was midnight and I got towed back to Manchester. I managed to borrow a car and get down the next day; nobody was really bothered that I'd missed Wednesday night's induction. 

My advice would be to email them and explain your situation and ask them if they don't mind you turning up Thursday. As long as you read all the information they send you before the festival I don't expect there'd be any problem with it.

Thanks for the advice @GETOFFAMYLAWN  I've sent off an email so will wait and see what they say.

Think this one would be a good year for me to volunteer, lots of acts on the line-up that I like but at the same time wouldn't be too gutted at having to miss, the only real exception would be Sharon Van Etten.

Hope your journey down this year goes a bit more smoothly than in 2017! 

11 minutes ago, Tatterdemalion said:

Thanks for the advice @GETOFFAMYLAWN  I've sent off an email so will wait and see what they say.

Think this one would be a good year for me to volunteer, lots of acts on the line-up that I like but at the same time wouldn't be too gutted at having to miss, the only real exception would be Sharon Van Etten.

Hope your journey down this year goes a bit more smoothly than in 2017! 

Hahaha thanks, I think I've learned my lesson about taking creative detours when the motorway is jammed now!

You get to pick your shift pattern, so it should be easy for you to make sure you won't miss Sharon.

7 hours ago, EOTGM said:

find it funny that they copy and paste any information on their site that we find, yet refer to us as etesticles 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Tatterdemalion said:

Has anyone on here ever done any Stewarding at Green Man?

I'm quite keen to give it a go, haven't volunteered at a festival before but I think it could be fun. The one potential problem that might scupper the idea is having to get to the site on the Wednesday. I don't drive and although it is easy to travel from Manchester to Abergavenny on the Train it looks like the shuttle buses to the site only start on Thursday.

Does anyone know if they usually lay on transport from Abergavenny for the volunteers on the Wednesday?

Thanks

I've been the past two years on Wednesday and it's really really easy to meet people at the train station and take a taxi. If my memory serves correctly it's a fiver each. 

In 2017 I met three people at the train station, hit it off, spent a lot of the weekend with them and did eotr with them last year and this summer.

Wednesday is also a lot of fun, you're able to explore the arena before everyone else gets there and the staff bar is open. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OddRon said:

find it funny that they copy and paste any information on their site that we find, yet refer to us as etesticles 

Yeah I like the forum and want to contribute but don't really understand there hatred to this just because its a different forum..

1 hour ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

I think it’s all tongue in cheek! Lots of people have said they enjoy the efforts people here go to in figuring out the lineup

Makes sense going back and having a read I missed those messages 

Idles headlining the Far Out  in that case I'd guess - clashing with FJM, surely? Would personally love a run of Sharon Van Etten - Idles - FJM on the Mountain Stage, would be an incredible end to the festival. Have seen Eels a few times at festivals before, happy to miss them out this year.

14 minutes ago, ElGanzo said:

Idles headlining the Far Out  in that case I'd guess - clashing with FJM, surely? Would personally love a run of Sharon Van Etten - Idles - FJM on the Mountain Stage, would be an incredible end to the festival. Have seen Eels a few times at festivals before, happy to miss them out this year.

I've never seen Eels before. Were they any good?

14 hours ago, OddRon said:

Hey, please don’t wind up the GM Forum lot, they might all get in a taxi and come and get us.

11 minutes ago, OddRon said:

anyway here's an etesticles exclusive straight from the horse's mouth, EELS and Father John Misty aren't clashing, praise the lord

Sounds great only this means they are clashing with SVE or Big Thief or both. Why's all the best stuff on the Sunday agh!

I don't know if Big Thief are playing Sunday, they're at Pukkelpop on Friday but they don't have any other festivals that weekend and it's the end of their European tour so they don't have to stop over. In fact going by the links on their site it might be they're playing Thursday.

Edited by SweepingTheNation