Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

14 minutes ago, DDave said:

Unless they play twice in one day at Pukkelpop/Lowlands on the Friday, They'll be at GM on Sunday. 

Thursday - La Route Du Rock. Friday - Pukkelpop. Saturday-Lowlands. Sunday - GM. 

Sunday is too packed, I'm already worried fjm and eels were gonna clash and now this is thrown into the mix

25 minutes ago, DDave said:

Unless they play twice in one day at Pukkelpop/Lowlands on the Friday, They'll be at GM on Sunday. 

Thursday - La Route Du Rock. Friday - Pukkelpop. Saturday-Lowlands. Sunday - GM. 

Have Lowlands confirmed day splits yet? Didn’t think that IDLES were confirmed for Saturday yet. If IDLES clash with Sharon I’m going to be fuming!

11 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Have Lowlands confirmed day splits yet? Didn’t think that IDLES were confirmed for Saturday yet. If IDLES clash with Sharon I’m going to be fuming!

Lowlands don't confirm day splits until late July. I think all the acts I've seen who are playing it have the whole weekend listed.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

6 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Not sure but seems most likely based on their tour schedule. Think someone said Aldous Harding was on Sunday? Don’t think that was in @SweepingTheNation‘s lineup. 

Odd. It's listed for Sunday under the Tour Dates tab on her Facebook, but the Live Dates tab and her official site still list the whole weekend dates.

2 minutes ago, artbrut_architecture said:

IDLES surely won't be in the tent either; that would be ridiculous given their current standing and Glastonbury reaction. 

You'd think not, but for a top five album band whose T-shirts are everywhere at festivals they were playing third from top of the Park stage with Cat Power headlining, and they're surprisingly low down the other UK bills I've seen them on (excluding Truck and Y-Not where they're playing early afternoon so they can fit in two in a day)  Even Green Man's poster has them on the line below Maribou State and Khruangbin.

14 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

You'd think not, but for a top five album band whose T-shirts are everywhere at festivals they were playing third from top of the Park stage with Cat Power headlining, and they're surprisingly low down the other UK bills I've seen them on (excluding Truck and Y-Not where they're playing early afternoon so they can fit in two in a day)  Even Green Man's poster has them on the line below Maribou State and Khruangbin.

True, it's more recently they've become so popular. GM have certainly had enough time to be flexible on the stage splits though! 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Idles are indeed on Sunday. Just had it confirmed by the drummers mum, no less. 

Haha great stuff.

That’s FJM, Sharon, Eels and IDLES all on Sunday then? Wonder how that will end up...

Sharon > FJM (Mountain) 

IDLES > Eels (Far Out) 

Edited by lessthanwill1

2 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

That would be perfect for me but I think Sharon is too big for that slot. 

I agree but Idles are also too big for whatever slot they end up doing on Far Out, really. I think SVE lower down would be the easier one to get away with. 

Has anyone on here ever done any Stewarding at Green Man?

I'm quite keen to give it a go, haven't volunteered at a festival before but I think it could be fun. The one potential problem that might scupper the idea is having to get to the site on the Wednesday. I don't drive and although it is easy to travel from Manchester to Abergavenny on the Train it looks like the shuttle buses to the site only start on Thursday.

Does anyone know if they usually lay on transport from Abergavenny for the volunteers on the Wednesday?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tatterdemalion said:

Has anyone on here ever done any Stewarding at Green Man?

I'm quite keen to give it a go, haven't volunteered at a festival before but I think it could be fun. The one potential problem that might scupper the idea is having to get to the site on the Wednesday. I don't drive and although it is easy to travel from Manchester to Abergavenny on the Train it looks like the shuttle buses to the site only start on Thursday.

Does anyone know if they usually lay on transport from Abergavenny for the volunteers on the Wednesday?

Thanks

I stewarded in 2017 and loved it. Only time I've stewarded, and one of my all time favourite festival experiences of the 20+ I've been to. I really can't recommend it enough.

At the time I resolved to start doing alternating years as punter/steward, but then my partner came with me last year and fell completely in love with the place and instantly claimed it as an annual staple for us.

The year I stewarded I got a shift pattern which only required me to work Friday, Saturday Sunday. I set off driving on Wednesday lunchtime (also from Manchester), but on the way down crashed my car in the middle of nowhere and the RAC didn't find me until 5 hours later, by which time it was midnight and I got towed back to Manchester. I managed to borrow a car and get down the next day; nobody was really bothered that I'd missed Wednesday night's induction.

My advice would be to email them and explain your situation and ask them if they don't mind you turning up Thursday. As long as you read all the information they send you before the festival I don't expect there'd be any problem with it.

• Upvote 1