Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

It’s certainly easy to get around but 50 might be pushing it haha. 

Far Out to the Mountain Stage is the only sizeable gap but that would be only 10 minutes max when it’s busy. 

Looking forward to reports from those who went to Glastonbury. Watched IDLES and Sharon’s set and they both looked fantastic. Comet is Coming looked great from what I’ve seen as well. 

2 minutes ago, electronicfreq said:

it's weird isn't it?  must be waiting on something that can't be released until certain date?

It must be about a lack of certainty about one of the headliners. Whether they will play or move to another day. Maybe one of the headliners is having visa issues? There is definitely some problem they are trying to wrestle with. I doubt it's about an embargo on announcing a tour at this late stage...

Updated version of the one posted in may

Thu: BODEGA, Alex Rex, Audiobooks

Fri: Yo La Tengo, Amadou & Mariam, Maribou State, Broken Social Scene, Julia Jacklin, Steve Mason, Bill Ryder-Jones, Pigsx7, The Beths
Sat: Four Tet, Car Seat Headrest, Richard Thompson, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Sons of Kemet, A Certain Ratio, Stella Donnelly
Sun: Father John Misty, Eels, Sharon Van Etten, The Growlers, White Fence, Anais Mitchell, Wych Elm

• Upvote 3

Really hoping idles are on Friday. Working Saturday night and missing my number 1 act of the weekend in car seat headrest. Also hoping that the Beths and pigs are on after 7pm as I'm also working Friday afternoon.

Why don't I just pay for a ticket I don't know

Going to update EOTGM's list already as I've now worked my way down the rest of the bill:

Thu: Marika Hackman (unconfirmed), BODEGA, Alex Rex, Audiobooks

Fri: Yo La Tengo, Amadou & Mariam, Maribou State, Broken Social Scene, Julia Jacklin, Steve Mason, Bill Ryder-Jones, KOKOKO!, Pigsx7, The Beths, Durand Jones & the Indications, Yak, TVAM, Grimm Grimm, Penelope Isles, Modern Nature, Tamino, Mama's Broke

Sat: Four Tet, Car Seat Headrest, Richard Thompson, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Sons Of Kemet, The Comet Is Coming, A Certain Ratio, Bridget St John, Tiny Ruins, Stella Donnelly, Hen Ogledd, Willie J Healey, Chappaqua Wrestling, Aidan Moffatt & RM Hubbert

Sun: Father John Misty (unconfirmed), Eels, Sharon Van Etten, The Growlers, White Fence, Anais Mitchell, Hand Habits, The Liminanas, James Heather, Gwenifer Raymond, Wych Elm

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 2

It's worth remembering that GM didn't announce the Thursday headliner (or the Rising and Chai Wallahs stages plus a lot more names) until July 20th in 2015: https://www.greenman.net/news/leftfield-headline-thursday-night/

But since then the day splits were announced on 9th June 2016, 4th May 2017 and 4th May 2018, and of course they'd long since confirmed three headliners by then.

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

It's worth remembering that GM didn't announce the Thursday headliner (or the Rising and Chai Wallahs stages plus a lot more names) until July 20th in 2015: https://www.greenman.net/news/leftfield-headline-thursday-night/

But since then the day splits were announced on 9th June 2016, 4th May 2017 and 4th May 2018, and of course they'd long since confirmed three headliners by then.

What ever became of that Loyle Carner bloke they had in the tiny font in 2015?

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Friday is pretty dead, really hoping idles are Thursday, looking forward to car seat headrest and Stella Donnelly on Saturday but for me it's all Sunday 

Sunday's defientely the best day currently 

Every day has it highlights though 

4 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Friday is pretty dead, really hoping idles are Thursday, looking forward to car seat headrest and Stella Donnelly on Saturday but for me it's all Sunday 

Friday looks weak so far but then there are loads of great names that have yet to be matched so could still be stellar.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Friday looks weak so far but then there are loads of great names that have yet to be matched so could still be stellar.

I need to listen to more now that glasto is over, need to listen to more bss and the Beth's for Friday

40 minutes ago, EOTGM said:

Jarvis Cocker is in the talking shop.

Any chance he could be the last Headliner or at least added to the music line up? 

He is doing some festivals this summer with his new project

He's playing eotr, Green Man's main competitor, so I'd say unlikely. However could explain the late announcement.

4 hours ago, dpdp said:

Idles are Saturday or Sunday.  They are playing La Route Du Rock on Thursday.

Unless they play twice in one day at Pukkelpop/Lowlands on the Friday, They'll be at GM on Sunday. 

Thursday - La Route Du Rock. Friday - Pukkelpop. Saturday-Lowlands. Sunday - GM. 

Edited by DDave