Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

10 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

GM tweeted that she was on the Mountain Stage but I don't think it's clear what day she'll be.

Listed as Sunday on her Facebook.

Maybe I missed this, but where has SvE playing Sunday come from? I know she can't do Friday but the only other festival she's playing with clashing dates, Lowlands, haven't announced their splits either.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

47 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Listed as Sunday on her Facebook.

Maybe I missed this, but where has SvE playing Sunday come from? I know she can't do Friday but the only other festival she's playing with clashing dates, Lowlands, haven't announced their splits either.

For me I think it was due to the fact that she’s in the UK the week after so it would work well timing wise. Plus the fact that if she is playing on the Mountain Stage (which I’m not certain of) it would work better before FJM than four tet. 

7 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Marika Hackman lists Thursday on FB too, though you never quite know with those whether they're just listing the first date of the festival.

Yeah thats true.

That's what green man said when asked if BODEGA were on the Thursday.

Screenshot_20190624-220516__01.jpg

I got there at about 12pm last year and a bit of traffic when I got there but nothing too bad, and arrived about 6-7pm 3 years ago and can’t remember any traffic (although did get lost a couple of times which would have been annoying if the view wasn’t so stunning). Have settlers pass this year so cheating a bit!

Edited by ShakeyCrash

I'm still on the lookout for a ticket (adult or student), if anybody knows of one going? I've hit every Twickets alert instantly for weeks (probably 40-50 times) and been beaten to it on every occasion no matter what. Any tips for that would be warmly received too, please!

I've been listening to the playlist relentlessly and have got dangerously excited about an inordinate amount of bands given the lack of a ticket! ?. Current must sees for me would be: (SVE), Four Tet, Amadou & Mariam, (Big Thief), Gwenno, Stella Donnelly, The Beths, Pozi, Porridge Radio,  Pigs x7, Black Country New Road, Jockstrap, Hen Ogledd, Sons of Kemet, Khruangbin and Richard Thompson. Plenty more on the 'if possible' list, or those I've (already managed to see) or yet to be discovered!

18 minutes ago, JHad said:

I'm still on the lookout for a ticket (adult or student), if anybody knows of one going? I've hit every Twickets alert instantly for weeks (probably 40-50 times) and been beaten to it on every occasion no matter what. Any tips for that would be warmly received too, please!

I've been listening to the playlist relentlessly and have got dangerously excited about an inordinate amount of bands given the lack of a ticket! ?. Current must sees for me would be: (SVE), Four Tet, Amadou & Mariam, (Big Thief), Gwenno, Stella Donnelly, The Beths, Pozi, Porridge Radio,  Pigs x7, Black Country New Road, Jockstrap, Hen Ogledd, Sons of Kemet, Khruangbin and Richard Thompson. Plenty more on the 'if possible' list, or those I've (already managed to see) or yet to be discovered!

I was in the same boat as you and only just recently managed to get a ticket. My tip would be to keep clicking back on the ticket even if it says it is currently being booked as the person who is booking may back out before completing the purchase. That’s how I got mine. Got luck! 

• Like 1

Sorry for bothering you all. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times. I can't remember the answer though.....I'm 43 years old. Apologies.

So......the third headliner. Are we SURE it's not Idles? I mean.....if they manage to sell out Ally Pally tmrw.....that's a lot of peeps. And.....isn't it an indication of how 'big' they are? And didn't 4 Tet play there recently? 

It would also be a reason to hold back announcing them as third headliners....get their big gig on sale and then sold out. Then.....voila! They are also headline material at the foot of the mountain!

I'm adding two and two and getting 328 again, arnt I?

27 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Sorry for bothering you all. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times. I can't remember the answer though.....I'm 43 years old. Apologies.

So......the third headliner. Are we SURE it's not Idles? I mean.....if they manage to sell out Ally Pally tmrw.....that's a lot of peeps. And.....isn't it an indication of how 'big' they are? And didn't 4 Tet play there recently? 

It would also be a reason to hold back announcing them as third headliners....get their big gig on sale and then sold out. Then.....voila! They are also headline material at the foot of the mountain!

I'm adding two and two and getting 328 again, arnt I?

Yep they’ve been ruled out. Although I wouldn’t see the logic in announcing them but not saying they’re a headliner until their tour is sold out. :P

44 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I was in the same boat as you and only just recently managed to get a ticket. My tip would be to keep clicking back on the ticket even if it says it is currently being booked as the person who is booking may back out before completing the purchase. That’s how I got mine. Got luck! 

I saw that you managed to pick one up! Awesome! :) 

Cheers for the tip. I've been trying that technique, but will stick at it now that I know that I haven't just been wasting my time by doing so! ?. I know there's a long way to go, so should be able to get one at some point, but I really don't like having to be on a hair trigger at all times in case I get a notification. I really regret not just buying one, rather than waiting for others to get organised.

10 hours ago, JHad said:

We eventually got 3 (well, 2+1) through Twickets a couple of weeks ago, keep trying. If you work in an office or are constantly on a PC/laptop, I'd recommend having the live feed open on Twickets and keep refreshing that when you get a spare moment. Using the app notifications or email alerts is slower.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

Ahhh well done! Who you looking forward to seeing?

Cheers! I can stop moaning now! ?

The main draw for me is the sheer number of high quality acts I haven't caught before, but have long been on the watch list and/or come well recommended. On that basis: Four Tet, Amadou & Mariam, Gwenno, Stella Donnelly, The Beths, Pozi, Porridge Radio, Pigs x7, Black Country New Road, Jockstrap, Hen Ogledd, Sons of Kemet, Khruangbin, Richard Thompson, Nilufer Yanya, Eels, Audiobooks, Bill Ryder-Jones, Car Seat Headrest, Foxwarren, James Yorkston, Julia Jacklin, Lee Field & The Expressions, Pottery, Stereolab, The Liminanas, Yak, Whitney and The Mauscovic Dance Band. 

SVE, Penelope Isles, Squid, Ezra Collective, The Comet is Coming, FJM, Aldous Harding, Big Thief, Idles and Bodega would all be great to see again if the schedule allows. 

I suspect that I'm being very greedy, but would like to see as many of these as possible. The playlist is also throwing out some goodies, so who knows! 

How realistic is it to see ~50 (almost) full sets, as I managed at EotR last year?

Edited by JHad
Sp.

2 hours ago, JHad said:

Cheers! I can stop moaning now! ?

The main draw for me is the sheer number of high quality acts I haven't caught before, but have long been on the watch list and/or come well recommended. On that basis: Four Tet, Amadou & Mariam, Gwenno, Stella Donnelly, The Beths, Pozi, Porridge Radio, Pigs x7, Black Country New Road, Jockstrap, Hen Ogledd, Sons of Kemet, Khruangbin, Richard Thompson, Nilufer Yanya, Eels, Audiobooks, Bill Ryder-Jones, Car Seat Headrest, Foxwarren, James Yorkston, Julia Jacklin, Lee Field & The Expressions, Pottery, Stereolab, The Liminanas, Yak, Whitney and The Mauscovic Dance Band. 

SVE, Penelope Isles, Squid, Ezra Collective, The Comet is Coming, FJM, Aldous Harding, Big Thief, Idles and Bodega would all be great to see again if the schedule allows. 

I suspect that I'm being very greedy, but would like to see as many of these as possible. The playlist is also throwing out some goodies, so who knows! 

How realistic is it to see ~50 (almost) full sets, as I managed at EotR last year?

Very feasible, Green Man is easier to navigate in my opinion, with far fewer choke points between the main stages. 

I didn't think it could get much better in terms of lineups than eotr last year, but this is very close