Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh come on he's incredibly boring. I could maybe see the appeal at an indoor seated show, like those Hammersmith Apollo gigs he did. But a festival headliner? ?

Watched him headline APE and it was mesmerising. I love the Green Man lineup so far, but Bon would be inifinitely better than our current headliners. 

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!

...the film tent. https://www.greenman.net/line-up/2019/?type=film    (the I Am Easy To Find short film and the Frank Sidebottom doc, though, and as always Casey & Ewan have sneaked some extra bands in)

As much as those are a good set of films, I cannot ever imagine wanting to spend my precious Green Man time doing something that I could do just as easily at home!)

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

As much as those are a good set of films, I cannot ever imagine wanting to spend my precious Green Man time doing something that I could do just as easily at home!)

I recall watching Yellow Submarine early in the morning last year whilst napping, and caught the Huw Stephens Anorak doc about Welsh language music on the Thursday afternoon.

This year the Ghibliotheque podcast could be fun and Amazing Grace might be worth it. Beats and Wild Rose fit the music bill nicely. 

But I do totally agree - live music comes first!

Gibliotheque sounds lovely ☺️

Kiki's Delivery Service will most likely be one of the morning pre-band showings, which I always like to catch at least one of. It's a personal favourite, and one of the few of Miyazaki's I've never managed to see on a big screen despite it seemingly being often in cinemas. Would also really like to see Nosferatu, but I imagine clashes this year won't be accommodating of much non-band material. 

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I cares about this latest announcement but after so many weeks and months and nothing am now past caring!

There are 5 or 6 acts that I have down as must sees. I really don't want to pick my shifts only to find I'm missing all of them