Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Eels are 100% Sunday it is on their website and busy the other dates.

Farther John is in Portugal on Friday so can only do Saturday or Sunday

The guardian said four tet were on sat as does there own website, this could be wrong as they are free on the Friday but unlikely. 

This means Eels and Father John Misty are almost definitely both Sunday.

Though could be an odd situation were Sunday has two coheadliners, and Friday has no official headliner. But again this is really unlikely. Though would be an answer to the confusion.

someone asked about splits on Twitter and they responded with an emoji of a calendar saying March 21 and an alarm clock, might just be suggesting they'll announce a date or it could be 21st but obviously it's not March but might be lack of emoji 

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

someone asked about splits on Twitter and they responded with an emoji of a calendar saying March 21 and an alarm clock, might just be suggesting they'll announce a date or it could be 21st but obviously it's not March but might be lack of emoji 

unfortunately March 21st is just the default calendar emoji for twitter

4 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

That just looks like someone has looked at the lineup poster and made an assumption. Almost certain it's not Eels. Aren't they busy on the Friday?

"In a sign perhaps of the target audience for this revelry, student tickets for both the festival and Settler’s Pass have already sold out" 

Yeah, this guys never been to this revelry. ahoy hoy

Edited by Chawk

15 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

That just looks like someone has looked at the lineup poster and made an assumption. Almost certain it's not Eels. Aren't they busy on the Friday?

They’re in Switzerland on the Wednesday and Thursday then Pukkelpop (Belgium) on Saturday.

Their website says they’re playing GM on Sunday but that could be changed I guess...but then playing a series of UK dates from the Monday after Green Man so I would assume it is the Sunday and that the article has just got it wrong. But I guess they could in theory move Eels to the Friday and have them headline. 

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

On the other hand, it does feel strange that nobody other than us seems to be picking up that GM have only ever officially announced two headliners, and their social media isn't hinting at anything other than "day splits soon".

Well yeah bc everyone else sees three acts on the top line and thinks they’re the headliners, and doesn’t deduce that they aren’t all headlining from their tour dates.

In terms waiting the latest announcement I can remember other than special guests was Leftfield as Thursday headliners which was mid to late July, so it might be a while yet. As far as special  guests are concerned the bat for lashes side project I think was only announced on arrival. So the pic could be true.

If it was just due APE you think there would be at least an announcement date by now.

Kinda hoping they get somebody pants in on Friday so I can see a Walled Garden headliner. Four Tet is a cast iron must see and I don't think there's anybody of suitable WG headline stature who'd tear me away from FJM (unless perhaps The Comet Is Coming or The Beths are doing it). I keep checking this thread in anticipation for headliner #3, but in all honesty I don't want the possibility of more clashes to be introduced.

Yeah this is exactly how I feel at this point. So many people I want to see already. The clashes are going to be terrible. 

Think I’ll probably give FT and FJM a miss having seen them both before. Saw all three main stage headliners last year so would quite like a change. 

Will have Eels or Sharon Van Etten as my Sunday headline I think assuming one of them will be the Far Out headliner. 

Comet is Coming would be a great WG headliner. Could also see A Certain Ratio doing it as well. 

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

On grim days like this would be great to have some Green Man news at last to provide a bit of relief.

July seems late to me for a big reveal for an August festival.

End of the road have their day splits out despite being two weeks later :(