Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

I hope they're not freaking out too much, they've sold out this year, they'll sell out next year, they've got one of the best line-ups of the summer even without a full bill, and aside from the line-up is the nicest festival you can hope to find. Honestly if they went "sorry guys, we've had a toughie this year and got no third headliner, [band x] from the bill will do it and smash it though, we'll all have a nice time" I think the vast majority of people would be completely cool with it.

• Upvote 6

Yeah totally agree I’m just looking forward to seeing the day splits so I can start planning my days!

Top 10 for me is currently 1) Stereolab 2) Big Thief 3) Sharon Van Etten 4) IDLES 5) The Beths 6) Aldous Harding 7) The Comet is Coming 8 ) Car Seat Headrest 9) Bridget St John 10) Jesca Hoop - with a whole load of others I’m excited to see as well! 

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got a ticket and I'm really looking forward to this, but I'm really not familiar with the lineup at all! Decided to go because it's a nice opportunity to spend some time with a good friend I don't see often. 

Not sure where to even begin. Any good playlists out there?

I made one that I’ve been updating 

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at GM HQ. Wonder what’s happening...

I'm wondering if it could possibly be Joanna Newsom as final headliner, which maybe creates a dilemma around stage timings?  I know when she did EOTR last time all the other stages had to be silenced during the performance.  Does anyone know what happened when she played Green Man in the past?  Anyway, maybe wishful thinking but she has got some US tour dates from September.

Edited by electronicfreq

57 minutes ago, electronicfreq said:

I'm wondering if it could possibly be Joanna Newsom as final headliner, which maybe creates a dilemma around stage timings?  I know when she did EOTR last time all the other stages had to be silenced during the performance.  Does anyone know what happened when she played Green Man in the past?  Anyway, maybe wishful thinking but she has got some US tour dates from September.

With all the guesses of someone big about to be announced late and why it always comes down to "but then why wouldn't they be allowed to announce it before now?"  If Newsom already has dates booked for September onwards, why wouldn't she then allow a single date in August to be made public until so late?

10 hours ago, electronicfreq said:

Let's hope not. Her EOTR show is in my top 4 worst gigs ever. 

Even the stalls were told to turn their music off, we weren't even allowed into the tent to wait for Teenage Fanclub, we were all supposed to silently worship at the arrogant, snotty diva's caterwauling. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got a ticket and I'm really looking forward to this, but I'm really not familiar with the lineup at all! Decided to go because it's a nice opportunity to spend some time with a good friend I don't see often. 

Not sure where to even begin. Any good playlists out there?

It's a killer line up. This is my work in progress list:

43 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I saw Peaness support Kero Kero Bonito the other week - they were fantastic! 

Yeah, saw them with KKB a few months ago, they were brilliant. And aside from that me and my mate got a lot of mileage from standing around afterwards going "OMG I really love peaness/I'm a huge fan of peaness/I can't get enough of peaness" etc etc like the absolute banter lords we are.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, saw them with KKB a few months ago, they were brilliant. And aside from that me and my mate got a lot of mileage from standing around afterwards going "OMG I really love peaness/I'm a huge fan of peaness/I can't get enough of peaness" etc etc like the absolute banter lords we are.

Yes there was a lot of that at the venue I was at as well haha

Great band though! Really like Oh George. V surprised that they’re in the rising competition though - as mentioned above they seem like a bigger band that some of the bands lower down! 

I’m going for the second time and both times hadn’t heard anything by those headlining. If the artists already named took top spots each night I’d be happy. I go to broaden my horizons (musically and everything else going on :) ). From what I’ve listen too so far on Spotify, the line up this year sounds fantastic.

Edited by March Hare

I'm desperate to go to GM this year, but delayed buying a ticket whilst waiting for others. Obviously that wasn't a smart move! I'm on the Twickets alert, but they're always gone even if I click the notification within a second of it coming through. Does anybody have any tips on how to pick up an adult or student ticket, or even better have a spare they'd be willing to sell?!

We did EotR last year, which was incredible, but this GM lineup is probably the best I've ever seen. I've heard lots of great things from friends who've gone previously too. I really don't want to miss out, so just looking to go by myself now!

8 hours ago, JHad said:

I'm desperate to go to GM this year, but delayed buying a ticket whilst waiting for others. Obviously that wasn't a smart move! I'm on the Twickets alert, but they're always gone even if I click the notification within a second of it coming through. Does anybody have any tips on how to pick up an adult or student ticket, or even better have a spare they'd be willing to sell?!

We did EotR last year, which was incredible, but this GM lineup is probably the best I've ever seen. I've heard lots of great things from friends who've gone previously too. I really don't want to miss out, so just looking to go by myself now!

I’m in exactly the same boat! It’s mental how quick they’re going on Twickets at the moment. 

Hopefully we get lucky! 

I put my student ticket on Twickets the Saturday before the fest last year and it sold within an hour. But I think if I'd waited until Monday it wouldn't have sold, there was loads on there at under face value. So you guys should be OK, just might be a bit tense lol. 

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m in exactly the same boat! It’s mental how quick they’re going on Twickets at the moment. 

Hopefully we get lucky! 

I hope so! How many tickets do you need? We could always split a pair if that works?

56 minutes ago, Chawk said:

I put my student ticket on Twickets the Saturday before the fest last year and it sold within an hour. But I think if I'd waited until Monday it wouldn't have sold, there was loads on there at under face value. So you guys should be OK, just might be a bit tense lol. 

Cheers for the heads up! I hope that's the case, but would like to not have the extra stress if possible! ? 

Well.....that is a surprise. And.....it's a minor blot on an otherwise quality line up. I mean.....they are alright, I guess. Just not...... headliner material, I think. Also.....they subbed at EOTR in 2013. I can't imagine they have got any bigger. If anything, hasn't their popularity waned a little?

Very odd...

1 hour ago, fur_q said:

The final headliners are US band Eels who, over 14 albums and countless live shows, have carved out a fearsome reputation globally.

Source

That just looks like someone has looked at the lineup poster and made an assumption. Almost certain it's not Eels. Aren't they busy on the Friday?