Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

28 minutes ago, PresentlyTense said:

Ha. Perhaps that, too. But I'd say he's definitely Green Man headliner status. Would be surprised if it was him, though, just because of his tour dates.

I struggle to believe that he's Green Man headliner status. Would be better to have a female headliner anyway tbh

37 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I struggle to believe that he's Green Man headliner status. Would be better to have a female headliner anyway tbh

He headlined in 2012 and has only got bigger since. But yes, I agree we would be better served with a female headliner and I think that's what we'll get. 

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On what day of the week do they publish the set times then? Thanks.

Assume it's the Monday when settlers arive, but they don't actually publish it online anywhere. It's just in the magazine which you have to buy on arrival, and usually this leaks from Monday when settlers arrive.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:59 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

So who does that leave for the Thursday headliner?

• Whitney: in Norway on Thursday
  • Idles: in France on the Wednesday then Belgium on Friday - in theory could be playing on Thursday but probably more likely Saturday or Sunday? Especially as they are in the UK the following week
  • Big Thief: Also in France on the Wednesday then Belgium on Friday so could be playing on Thursday...but I think more likely to be playing on Sunday looking at their dates in the previous week. They play one show every two days from the 6th August so the pattern would suggest they play GM on Sunday. 
  • Khruangbin: in Portugal on Thursday 
  • Stereolab: it could be them! No tour dates around the same weekend. The only reason why i didn't think it would be them is that their position on the poster suggests they are sub-headlining going off previous editions but maybe not...
  • Aldous Harding: it could also be her but not sure she would quite fit the bill of a thursday headliner - not sure she's quite big enough either. Also, I'm pretty sure they tweeted that she would be on the mountain stage as well when they posted about her new single
  • SVE: seems like she will be on Sunday due to her tour dates but could technically play Thursday in between France on the Wednesday and Belgium on the Friday. She's also playing Lowlands that weekend as well but don't think they've announced day splits yet - everything suggests she'll be on the Sunday though...

So, Stereolab for Thursday headliner then?? Where have I gone wrong?

EDIT: Seen that Stereolab are playing Route du Rock on Thursday so that’s now out of the question. Back to the drawing board! 

6 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Has anyone mentioned James Blake? He's playing Pukkelpop on the Friday and Lowlands on either Sat/Sun. 

Final headliner looks as if it will be for the Friday night so that’s why people haven’t mentioned him presumably + he headlined quite recently so would probably be unlikely but who knows!