Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

My second time at Green Man but first time with a Settlers pass. Half the group are arriving on Thursday and we have offered to take tents and set up camp before the crowds arrive. If we set up camp away from the settlers what time on the Thursday will we be able to do that? Thanks in advance!

On 5/26/2019 at 12:09 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

So I think Big Thief are now my joint number 1 must see with Stereolab.

Was aware of them when Capacity came out and really liked Mary but never really bothered to listen to them properly for some reason.

Since UFOF came out I’ve been obsessed with them. Really love that album - reminds me quite a lot of A Moon Shaped Pool. The other two albums have more of a rockier sound (e.g. Real Love, Masterpiece, Shark Smile) which should make for a nice diverse setlist!

Truly one of the best live bands I've seen in the last couple of years.

3 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

Truly one of the best live bands I've seen in the last couple of years.

They tanked it a bit at eotr last year. The monitor for lenker was having issues and that seemed to put her in a terrible mood. 

They were fantastic when I saw them at green Man in 2017 and in Manchester the same year so I'm sure that was a one off. UFOF is the album of the year for me so far so very excited about seeing them at Green Man 

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

They tanked it a bit at eotr last year. The monitor for lenker was having issues and that seemed to put her in a terrible mood. 

They were fantastic when I saw them at green Man in 2017 and in Manchester the same year so I'm sure that was a one off. UFOF is the album of the year for me so far so very excited about seeing them at Green Man 

I think I might have been at the same Manchester gig. Was spellbinding. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

As I've just done the same for End Of The Road, this is what we know of the days the top half of the current bill are playing:

Fri: Yo La Tengo, Amadou & Mariam, Maribou State, Broken Social Scene, Julia Jacklin, Steve Mason, Bill Ryder-Jones, Pigsx7, The Beths
Sat: Four Tet, Car Seat Headrest, Richard Thompson, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Sons of Kemet, A Certain Ratio, Stella Donnelly
Sun: Father John Misty, Eels, The Growlers, White Fence, Anais Mitchell

Whoever the Friday headliner is it isn't Sharon van Etten, Big Thief, Idles or The Comet Is Coming, who are all in Europe that day.

So who does that leave for the Thursday headliner?

• Whitney: in Norway on Thursday
  • Idles: in France on the Wednesday then Belgium on Friday - in theory could be playing on Thursday but probably more likely Saturday or Sunday? Especially as they are in the UK the following week
  • Big Thief: Also in France on the Wednesday then Belgium on Friday so could be playing on Thursday...but I think more likely to be playing on Sunday looking at their dates in the previous week. They play one show every two days from the 6th August so the pattern would suggest they play GM on Sunday. 
  • Khruangbin: in Portugal on Thursday 
  • Stereolab: it could be them! No tour dates around the same weekend. The only reason why i didn't think it would be them is that their position on the poster suggests they are sub-headlining going off previous editions but maybe not...
  • Aldous Harding: it could also be her but not sure she would quite fit the bill of a thursday headliner - not sure she's quite big enough either. Also, I'm pretty sure they tweeted that she would be on the mountain stage as well when they posted about her new single
  • SVE: seems like she will be on Sunday due to her tour dates but could technically play Thursday in between France on the Wednesday and Belgium on the Friday. She's also playing Lowlands that weekend as well but don't think they've announced day splits yet - everything suggests she'll be on the Sunday though...

So, Stereolab for Thursday headliner then?? Where have I gone wrong?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I noticed First Aid Kit pulled out of Sunday's All Points East line up due to health reasons. It is quite probably unrelated to the delayed announcement for Green Man and I can't recall whether they were free on the Friday but thought it was worth a mention.

https://twitter.com/FirstAidKitBand/status/1129778991752200192

Stereolab played their first show back last night with this setlist:

Come And Play In The Milky Night
Brakhage
French Disko
Baby Lulu
Miss Modular
Need To Be
Metronomic Underground
Fluorescences
The Extension Trip
Infinity Girl
Brigitte
Ping Pong
Double Rocker
John Cage Bubblegum
Lo Boob Oscillator
Percolator
Blue Milk
Contronatura

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Stereolab played their first show back last night with this setlist:

Come And Play In The Milky Night
Brakhage
French Disko
Baby Lulu
Miss Modular
Need To Be
Metronomic Underground
Fluorescences
The Extension Trip
Infinity Girl
Brigitte
Ping Pong
Double Rocker
John Cage Bubblegum
Lo Boob Oscillator
Percolator
Blue Milk
Contronatura

Was just looking at this! Some of my faves in there (La boob oscillator, John Cage, Fluorescences, French Disko). 

Hoping to get Stomach Worm, Les Yper-Sound and Super-Electric as well! 

30 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not even got our last headliner yet, and Green Man is trouncing Glastonbury's lineup

12 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

In a year where most apart from Glastonbury has sold out, it speaks volumes Greenman does it in record time. The thing is another headliner is going to tuck me up!  

Still can’t wait till that first sip of tiny rebel on Thursday

It really is an amazing line up this year. Need these day splits to come out soon!

Back to refreshing twickets...

Will keep an eye out to but something will come up.

im not sure the sell out is a line up entirely thing... I was going to go this year regardless (early bird tickets).  It’s the safest I’ve ever felt, and amazing for my kids (2 and 5 last year who will be 3 and 6 this year). Just really well run! 

Saying all this when FJM was announced it made me happy!

4 hours ago, Chawk said:

Feel like Tallest Man on Earth is a possibility for the last headliner. He's playing APE and although he doesn't have dates in August he'd probably be close/cheap enough to come over specially

Headliner, though? When Sharon Van Etten, Eels, Stereolab, Big Thief, Amadou & Mariam, Broken Social Scene and Idles aren't headlining?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Feels like something has delayed it all, latest tweet response "set times will be available once on-site! Day-by-day announce coming soon" when about three/four weeks ago they said coming very soon. 

do they always hold back set times until you're on site? I wanna know If I can see Idles at Green Man because if they're clashing with stella, father john or eels I'll miss two door cinema club at glastonbury and see them on the park

5 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Feels like something has delayed it all, latest tweet response "set times will be available once on-site! Day-by-day announce coming soon" when about three/four weeks ago they said coming very soon. 

do they always hold back set times until you're on site? I wanna know If I can see Idles at Green Man because if they're clashing with stella, father john or eels I'll miss two door cinema club at glastonbury and see them on the park

Yep, don't get exact times until Settlers are on site. But should be able to rule a few of those acts with the day splits alone