Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

5 hours ago, OddRon said:

another Thursday, seemingly no announcement again now, really thought it'd be this week with them now telling folks "very soon", I wouldn't even be in a rush for stage splits if it wasn't for the fact that we still have acts to come

I just assume at this point that we’re waiting for APE to finish and then we’ll get some news 

5 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

I just assume at this point that we’re waiting for APE to finish and then we’ll get some news 

We'd have had some tantalising "Special Guests TBA" or somesuch were this the case.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It's surely Sleater Kinney after the clunky-sounding 'unearthing' comments on twitter.

Plus there's been a tonne of publicity - a new website homepage, a leaked album all today. And a first gig announced this week.

All points to them being added - next week I guess.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Plus there's been a tonne of publicity - a new website homepage, a leaked album all today. And a first gig announced this week.

Why are you doing this?!? Giving me this hope that one of THE greatest bands ever might grace one of THE greatest stages on earth?!? My god.....if its Sleater-Kinney.....i will be at the front, grinning from ear to ear. 

Ok, its in all likelihood gonna be that crap oberst side project thing. But......imagine.....if it WAS SK.....

Im having happy dreams tonight. First we get to vote in the euro elections. Now the carrot of Sleater Kinney on the mountain stage......

Yep.....as ice cube once said..... Today was a good day. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Why are you doing this?!? Giving me this hope that one of THE greatest bands ever might grace one of THE greatest stages on earth?!? My god.....if its Sleater-Kinney.....i will be at the front, grinning from ear to ear. 

Ok, its in all likelihood gonna be that crap oberst side project thing. But......imagine.....if it WAS SK.....

Im having happy dreams tonight. First we get to vote in the euro elections. Now the carrot of Sleater Kinney on the mountain stage......

Yep.....as ice cube once said..... Today was a good day. 

Heh, amusing.

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

Nah I don’t buy this one. Very rarely do bands hold back all future festival shows before they start publicity on a new album. And it’s not like this Hopscotch Music Festival is some Coachella-type thing that has first dibs on announcing its headliners for anything.

There’s really no reason that the announcement of Sleater-Kinney would have been drawn out this long and I think the wait was due to uncertainty and difficulty in securing a third headliner.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

The passing of time is a funny thing. Barely anyone gave a stuff about Sleater Kinney when they were, you know, actually in their heydey in the 90s.

Legendary band now!

Maybe now is their heyday?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

W

Why would they hold back one festival headline announcement while letting another go?

Maybe hopscotch paid more to be able to have first announce which brings publicity? 

I don’t know. Sure you’re right. I was thinking back to the idles ‘joy’ twitter hint and thought that unearthing similarly was a hint for SK. It’s a clunky sounding thing to write to ‘unearth’ a lineup so I felt like it probably meant something.

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Maybe hopscotch paid more to be able to have first announce which brings publicity? 

I don’t know. Sure you’re right. I was thinking back to the idles ‘joy’ twitter hint and thought that unearthing similarly was a hint for SK. It’s a clunky sounding thing to write to ‘unearth’ a lineup so I felt like it probably meant something.

That was right before the first announcement before we definitely knew a new S-K album was coming, wasn't it? (Also a Twitter search reveals they also used the word "unearth" when announcing both this year's Settlement details and the art installations last year, so maybe it's just a synonym their social media person likes)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

50 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

That was right before the first announcement before we definitely knew a new S-K album was coming, wasn't it? (Also a Twitter search reveals they also used the word "unearth" when announcing both this year's Settlement details and the art installations last year, so maybe it's just a synonym their social media person likes)

Great spot and in which case it wasn’t a clue at all.

So I think Big Thief are now my joint number 1 must see with Stereolab.

Was aware of them when Capacity came out and really liked Mary but never really bothered to listen to them properly for some reason.

Since UFOF came out I’ve been obsessed with them. Really love that album - reminds me quite a lot of A Moon Shaped Pool. The other two albums have more of a rockier sound (e.g. Real Love, Masterpiece, Shark Smile) which should make for a nice diverse setlist!

Edited by lessthanwill1