Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Going to both Blue Dot and Green Man this year, both of which use Ticketline. I logged into Ticketline and my Bluedot info is on there, but nothing for Green Man. Is that normal, or should I be worried? I've got the booking confirmation emails at least.

Same thing happened to me. Weird. If you to the original ticketline confirmation there's a booking reference and customer reference numbers. Whack those in on 'Track your order' and it should come up. 

19 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Same thing happened to me. Weird. If you to the original ticketline confirmation there's a booking reference and customer reference numbers. Whack those in on 'Track your order' and it should come up. 

Yeah, tracked my order and it came up. Maybe it just won't appear in my order history until I've made the final payment?

I'm probably going to be able to get guest list tickets and when confirmed, will have my two tickets to sell. Will mention here before posting to twickets, if that helps and you haven't had luck before then.

Edited by weston24

6 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

No tickets came up on Twickets this week ?

For those of you who have bought via Twickets in the past how late on did you get them? Panicking slightly that i’ll never get them! 

The nearer it gets the more tickets come up as people suddenly have other commitments. You'll definitely get one.

A couple of years ago I waited out to the last minute and got an EOTR ticket for £100 off someone who was desperate to sell.

10 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

No tickets came up on Twickets this week ?

For those of you who have bought via Twickets in the past how late on did you get them? Panicking slightly that i’ll never get them! 

Early July for me last year I think. Right after the sell out tickets disappeared from Twickets pretty much the moment they were posted, but by August there's usually quite a few around, and in the week leading up to the festival there's always poor folk who've been blindsided by an unforeseen event and will be in desperate need of somebody to buy their ticket so they're not out of pocket.

Any must sees on the bottom half of the line up?

For me, The Beths and Audiobooks are must sees. 

Also hoping to see Grimm Grimm, Hen Ogledd, TVAM, Squid, Mapache, Hand Habits, Bess Atwell, Black Country New Road, Scalping and Just Mustard. Deptford Northern Soul Club were brilliant on Sunday night in the Walled Garden last year so will probably see them again as well. 

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Any must sees on the bottom half of the line up?

For me, The Beths and Audiobooks are must sees. 

Also hoping to see Grimm Grimm, Hen Ogledd, TVAM, Squid, Mapache, Hand Habits, Bess Atwell, Black Country New Road, Scalping and Just Mustard. Deptford Northern Soul Club were brilliant on Sunday night in the Walled Garden last year so will probably see them again as well. 

I saw The Beths in Manchester last week and they were excellent. Will defo check them out again. 

Art School Girlfriend and Porridge Radio are also decent bets 

Considering I've been wanting to see Broken Social Scene and Four Tet for years, and  I absolutely love Car Seat Headrest and think they're one of the best live guitar bands going, it says something that I'm looking forward to The Beths more than anybody else on the bill.

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Massively excited for Four Tet. I wonder if they will play the Thursday night like Public Service Broadcasting did last year. Was such a high to start the festival on.

Sorry to dampen the mood but I saw Four Tet at Primavera last year and he was woeful.

I hope we don't get the dialled-in version! 

17 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Massively excited for Four Tet. I wonder if they will play the Thursday night like Public Service Broadcasting did last year. Was such a high to start the festival on.

The press release for the first announcement listed him as Saturday headliner with quotes. http://diymag.com/2019/01/29/four-tet-sharon-van-etten-idles-green-man-festival

• Upvote 1

As I've just done the same for End Of The Road, this is what we know of the days the top half of the current bill are playing:

Fri: Yo La Tengo, Amadou & Mariam, Maribou State, Broken Social Scene, Julia Jacklin, Steve Mason, Bill Ryder-Jones, Pigsx7, The Beths
Sat: Four Tet, Car Seat Headrest, Richard Thompson, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Sons of Kemet, A Certain Ratio, Stella Donnelly
Sun: Father John Misty, Eels, The Growlers, White Fence, Anais Mitchell

Whoever the Friday headliner is it isn't Sharon van Etten, Big Thief, Idles or The Comet Is Coming, who are all in Europe that day.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, weston24 said:

Sleater-Kinney have been announced for an American festival on the first weekend of September.

Not going to get my hopes up...

Was waiting to see if they got announced here or end of the road to make a decision (done eotr the last 4 years and green man for the first time last year but can't do both this year) ended up caving and buying eotr tickets before Green Man sold out... If Sleater-Kinney do end up at Green Man I will feel cheated haha! 

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

Sorry to dampen the mood but I saw Four Tet at Primavera last year and he was woeful.

I hope we don't get the dialled-in version! 

I heard great things from the recent London show, so things are looking up.