Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

On 4/10/2019 at 10:37 AM, Andeeroo said:

Thinking of doing Green Man solo this year. It's between this and Beautiful Days. Anyone else done GM solo? Friendly enough? Would likely aim for quiet camping - does it fill up early?

I'm seriously considering this this year. Haven't been to GM before, but love everything I've heard about it, and the lineup is right up my street this year.

There's a big group of us going to Glastonbury, so I haven't managed to convince anyone to come to this 5 weeks (?) later. So I'm tempted to go solo.

It is in student area of Cardiff, cathays, so worth putting up a taylored poster for. It is just slipped between pigs7 and yak, not a big addition. It is nice poster tried to upload a pic but it did not work. The poster is built around putting everything it to boxes. There may be other acts added too I don't know I have not checked every name. It might just be a mistake. But they are on the poster. 

6 hours ago, SighMo said:

Saw Stella Donnelly at The Joiners tonight; was ace. Spoke with the bass player after and she said they were doing Green Man and EOTR again....❤️

And in another scoop, I’ve heard on the insider that Four Tet will be headlining this year’s GM.

• Upvote 2

It’ll be pretty weird if they end up announcing that one of the existing acts is the third headliner...surely that wouldn’t happen? But they would normally confirm that in their Twitter replies to people who have asked the question.

Hoping they add Weyes Blood and Virginia Wing. Hopefully Black Midi again as I missed them last year. 

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

It’ll be pretty weird if they end up announcing that one of the existing acts is the third headliner...surely that wouldn’t happen? But they would normally confirm that in their Twitter replies to people who have asked the question.

Hoping they add Weyes Blood and Virginia Wing. Hopefully Black Midi again as I missed them last year. 

I don't think there's any room on the lineup now for anyone other than 'the missing headliner'.

Wouldn't be that weird for them to quietly promote an undercard act to headliner - I've seen it a couple of times before in similar circumstances at festivals. And they've not actually confirmed that the third headliner isn't there, have they? It's just that the only two reasonable would-be headliners on the poster (Shazza and Eels, in case we're not sympatico) are spoken for on Friday night. Beyond that it'd have to be some absolute banter like Yo La Tengo or Stereolab. And I s2g if someone says "absolute no marks King Gizzard headlined so give it Khruangbin!"...

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think there's any room on the lineup now for anyone other than 'the missing headliner'.

Wouldn't be that weird for them to quietly promote an undercard act to headliner - I've seen it a couple of times before in similar circumstances at festivals. And they've not actually confirmed that the third headliner isn't there, have they? It's just that the only two reasonable would-be headliners on the poster (Shazza and Eels, in case we're not sympatico) are spoken for on Friday night. Beyond that it'd have to be some absolute banter like Yo La Tengo or Stereolab. And I s2g if someone says "absolute no marks King Gizzard headlined so give it Khruangbin!"...

They've said a few times that a few acts will be announced so unless that is the "third headliner" and the chai wallahs stage then I'm taking that to mean (1) a new act that will be the 3rd headliner (e.g. Patti Smith) and (2) a very small number of other acts. 

I agree with you that SVE and Eels are the only acts on their that could headline - but given that we know FT is on Saturday and FJM is on Sunday and that SVE and EELS are not available on Friday (and we know that Eels are playing Sunday) then they won't be headlining. 

8 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

They've said a few times that a few acts will be announced so unless that is the "third headliner" and the chai wallahs stage then I'm taking that to mean (1) a new act that will be the 3rd headliner (e.g. Patti Smith) and (2) a very small number of other acts. 

I agree with you that SVE and Eels are the only acts on their that could headline - but given that we know FT is on Saturday and FJM is on Sunday and that SVE and EELS are not available on Friday (and we know that Eels are playing Sunday) then they won't be headlining. 

I did just say that about Sharon and Eels. :P

But there are still acts to come - The Big Moon and Black Belt Eagle Scout - so they’re not lying. At the moment they’ve got a bigger number of acts than they seemed to have last year so I don’t think there’s another tranche of names.

I would be surprised if Patti Smith were to headline despite not doing anything but touring since she headlined Thursday a few years ago, but it wouldn’t be a bad surprise at all.