Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Pixies would be good in the sense that I'd watch them if they were on, but wouldn't be upset missing them for other cats on Walled Garden or Far Out. But they'd be a pretty massive booking for GM so it's not all that likely, and the tour dates don't match. And aren't they an all-male concern these days? Second year in a row where the headliners are a sausage fest isn't a great look.

Patti Smith seems not unlikely, and she's always brilliant.

Is Sharon Van Etten the Friday? Seems to me she's big enough to headline, but if she's agreed to sub somebody, it might be because it's one of her favourite artists. SVE is a huge Patti Smith stan.

You might have cracked the code!

53 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Patti Smith seems not unlikely, and she's always brilliant.

Is Sharon Van Etten the Friday? Seems to me she's big enough to headline, but if she's agreed to sub somebody, it might be because it's one of her favourite artists. SVE is a huge Patti Smith stan.

You might have cracked the code!

Sharon also loves Big Thief. A run of Big Thief, Sharon and Patti Smith would be incredible. 

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Not gonna be Pixies if they’re playing in Cardiff the month after. 

We’ve known about Patti Smith being around that weekend for months, you’d think if it was her she’d have been in one of the announcements. Also not sure if she’s headline size anymore. 

So she's not headline size, but Four Tet- who is on the fourth line of the Lovebox poster- is?

I cant remember if its been mentioned anywhere..... But, on the Idles Website, it states they are playing on the Thursday. So......thats our Thursday headliner, me thinks. 

I also cant remember if anyone has mentioned the comedy announcement last week. I realise its more of a secondary thing to the music, but there is some good stuff on tgat yku should try to watch. Mist noticably Lazt Susan and tge CRIMINALLY underrated David Trent. 

4 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I cant remember if its been mentioned anywhere..... But, on the Idles Website, it states they are playing on the Thursday. So......thats our Thursday headliner, me thinks.

Looks like it lists the first dates of every festival they're playing, unless they really are doing Germany and Sweden on the same day the week before Green Man.

2 hours ago, retromoz said:

I also cant remember if anyone has mentioned the comedy announcement last week. I realise its more of a secondary thing to the music, but there is some good stuff on tgat yku should try to watch. Mist noticably Lazt Susan and tge CRIMINALLY underrated David Trent. 

Tell you what is also criminally underrated - swapping a colleagues keys on his keyboard around...

• Upvote 1

Thinking of doing Green Man solo this year. It's between this and Beautiful Days. Anyone else done GM solo? Friendly enough? Would likely aim for quiet camping - does it fill up early?

I am a lot closer to Beautiful Days so GM is already at a disadvantage in my mind but I'm trying to weigh up all the pros and cons of both!

4 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Thinking of doing Green Man solo this year. It's between this and Beautiful Days. Anyone else done GM solo? Friendly enough? Would likely aim for quiet camping - does it fill up early?

I went solo in 2017 and absolutely loved it, remains one of my all time favourite festival experiences. I was stewarding, so met loads of people through that, but would definitely have enjoyed it just as much as a normal punter.

Unsure about the quiet camping filling up fast, but I can tell you there tends to be loads of free space around the edges and I'd imagine quiet camping would intentionally be in one of those less busy spots.

By pure coincidence we camped next to a Facebook group of solo goers in 2015, who all seemed like a good bunch when I sat down with them for a beer one night when my brother got lost.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I went solo in 2017 and absolutely loved it, remains one of my all time favourite festival experiences. I was stewarding, so met loads of people through that, but would definitely have enjoyed it just as much as a normal punter.

Unsure about the quiet camping filling up fast, but I can tell you there tends to be loads of free space around the edges and I'd imagine quiet camping would intentionally be in one of those less busy spots.

By pure coincidence we camped next to a Facebook group of solo goers in 2015, who all seemed like a good bunch when I sat down with them for a beer one night when my brother got lost.

Nice one dude. Got some thinking to do!

1 hour ago, Guy M said:

I see Thom Yorke and Joanna Newsom have both announced dates this year - thoughts on the possibility of either one of them being the final headliner? 

Do any of them have EU/UK shows announced?

Joanna possibly but I can't imagine Thom doing it, would be odd to have two electronic acts  headlining tbh