Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

18 hours ago, benali said:

Went to see Sports Team last night. They smashed the place, reckon they'd go down a treat at GM.

Walt Disco were supporting. They sounded like a less mental version of HMLTD. 

I saw Sports Team at GM2017, in the Green Man Rising tent/area. They stayed with me and I've been enjoying their music since. Would love to see them in Far Out. 

So knowing that The National, First Aid Kit and The Flaming Lips all look like they are off the cards are there any acts people think are likely for the Friday? 

I had no inkling King Gizzard would headline the Friday last year so pretty tough to posit a guess but the only older acts I can think of would be Modest Mouse or Pixies. Both have new albums out this year. Not sure if this fits with their plans though. Pixies I've seen headline at Reading and Field Day - big and smaller festivals.

1 hour ago, Happyboypricey said:

So knowing that The National, First Aid Kit and The Flaming Lips all look like they are off the cards are there any acts people think are likely for the Friday? 

I had no inkling King Gizzard would headline the Friday last year so pretty tough to posit a guess but the only older acts I can think of would be Modest Mouse or Pixies. Both have new albums out this year. Not sure if this fits with their plans though. Pixies I've seen headline at Reading and Field Day - big and smaller festivals.

To me it seems like it has to be someone either British or just in Europe to do one show, because I feel like the ones you’ve mentioned would normally have to do Pukkelpop and stuff. But it has to be someone big enough to relegate Eels to sub.

I think someone like TGTBTQ would fit the former. Maybe Thom Yorke if that’s not too electronic for the main stage heads. And I gues Sufjan for the latter - I couldn’t see him playing everywhere across Europe.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah you're right, 2016. 

I agree with what you said above but honestly a bit stumped for a name. Maybe Gossip? 

Nah couldn’t see that going over well. Don’t think they suit the fest and I don’t really think people are hankering for this Gossip reunion sadly.

They got a bit of stick last time for an all-male headline bunch so I thought they’d make an effort to put a woman or some women at the top, but I really can’t pick out a name. Joanna Newsom could drop in out of nowhere but I think for festivals she’s more like Joanna Nuisance with all the stage closures.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Happyboypricey said:

I went to see Sharon Van Etten earlier this week and it was a really excellent gig.

Hands, Seventeen, Serpents and a cover of Sinead O'Connor's Black Boys on Mopeds were the standout tracks for me.

Does she do ‘You Shadow’? My ‘losing my shit’ track off the new one. 

57 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

Sorry if I'm out of the loop, but this is my first year attending GM. Have we not got all the headliners as of now?

There's one more main stage headliner to be announced, maybe a Thursday night headliner as well.

• Like 1