Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Been doing some deep dives into the lineup at work because there's a loud moron sitting behind me and I need to block him out. This lineup is seriously brilliant stuff, probably on paper one of the best I've seen in 10 years of festival attendance.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:18 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Been doing some deep dives into the lineup at work because there's a loud moron sitting behind me and I need to block him out. This lineup is seriously brilliant stuff, probably on paper one of the best I've seen in 10 years of festival attendance.

Agreed. Between GM, EOTR and Glasto it’ll be a great year for line ups as far as I’m concerned ❤️

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Totally agree. Think it’s an unbelievable line up.

The chance to see Stereolab, Sharon Van Etten, IDLES, Big Thief Aldous Harding and Bridget St John is just too much!!!

Yep! And have a boogie or two in Chai Whallas. ❤️

3 hours ago, Chawk said:

With things like this going on it seems possible Flaming Lips are the final headliner, if there is one

I posted about this gig a couple of months back when expecting them to fill in the gaps with festival slots, but now it seems like they’re missing all the festivals and just starting out on an indoor tour after this date. I don’t really see it being them, although quite who it will be I couldn’t say.

Flaming Lips' UK tour starts on 5th September so unless they've got some other project on in Europe at the time I'm not sure they'd be coming in and out of the country so quickly (and the tour was announced on 6th March so it's probable GM would have delayed the second announcement until after that), plus as mentioned this date has been around for a while.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

When did First Aid Kit get that big? They were quite low down the bill at End of the Road 

They haven't played EOTR since 2012.

For comparison they were third from top of the main stage behind Grace Jones and London Grammar at Bestival last year.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

11 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They haven't played EOTR since 2012.

For comparison they were third from top of the main stage behind Grace Jones and London Grammar at Bestival last year.

Ha, that's brilliant. Until your observation, I had no idea there were two entirely separate bands - one called This Is The Kit and one called First Aid Kit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, xxialac said:

When did First Aid Kit get that big? They were quite low down the bill at End of the Road

Nah they’re not too big to not-headline. They seem to play sizeable venues but when it comes to festivals they’re not troubling top spots all that much. Kind of the same as John Grant.

edit: quoted the wrong god damn quote sorry all

Edited by dentalplan

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Definitely no FAK?

I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTIOOOON ?

They could still sub. If John Grant, Grizzly Bear and Eels can I’m sure they could do it.

Although there’s no reason to hold them back and I’m not sure there’s a sub spot still going so maybe definitely no FAK, yeah.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They could still sub. If John Grant, Grizzly Bear and Eels can I’m sure they could do it.

Although there’s no reason to hold them back and I’m not sure there’s a sub spot still going so maybe definitely no FAK, yeah.

Nah, they'd headline, they're a cut above all those names, and Four Tet too.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Nah, they'd headline, they're a cut above all those names, and Four Tet too.

I've not really seen anything to justify this. You'd think it woulda happened by now. Note well, their last festival slot in the UK was headlining the same fest as Public Service Broadcasting.

Oh Sees start the European leg of their tour on 23rd August. I know they played GM 2 years ago and EOTR last year but I'd love it if they slotted GM into their schedule.

EOTR is out because they have other gigs all that weekend before playing London on 6th September (booked tickets for that already)