Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

2 hours ago, OddRon said:

From the acts I wanna see(apart from Four Tet, he’s on there to work out when father j was) this is what I’ve got so far 

A48B330B-8620-4EB9-A707-726F513498E1.png

Richard Thompson on Saturday and Amadou & Mariam on the Friday judging by the websites.

Think it also says Broken Social Scene are on Thursday on their website but hard to know whether that definitely means Thursday or whether they've just put Thursday before days are officially announced. 

I love BSS so wouldn't complain too much about them being on the Thursday, eliminates any clash potential. That said, they just feel like a main stage band, you know what I mean? They're a big band, grandiose sound, begging to be playing out there in front of the mountain as the sun goes down.

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

So what's the consensus on how this is going to end up?

Looks like Eels aren't the third headliner. Think they'll be a sub on the Mountain Stage on Sunday. 

I'd assumed Four Tet was headlining Saturday night from what I had read but looks as if there were some reports of him headlining Friday as well so that's confusing. 

The clashes for this are going to be awful for me I reckon. So many people I love high on the poster that are bound to be clashing. 

The Green Man presser says Four Tet is Saturday, so he'll be Saturday. It'll just be a typo from NME. 

I'd guess at Eels subbing FJM on Sunday and Stereolab subbing Four Tet on Saturday, although I don't know where that leaves SVE if she can't play Friday. 

EDIT: Shazza's UK tour dates start on the 19th so presumably she'll be Sunday too. Won't clash with FJM, surely? 

Edited by the wonderwhy

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I love BSS so wouldn't complain too much about them being on the Thursday, eliminates any clash potential. That said, they just feel like a main stage band, you know what I mean? They're a big band, grandiose sound, begging to be playing out there in front of the mountain as the sun goes down.

Yeah i'd rather BSS be on the main stage. Conversely, I'd much rather Yo La Tengo be in the Far Out as their sound is way more intimate and delicate. 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The Green Man presser says Four Tet is Saturday, so he'll be Saturday. It'll just be a typo from NME. 

I'd guess at Eels subbing FJM on Sunday and Stereolab subbing Four Tet on Saturday, although I don't know where that leaves SVE if she can't play Friday. 

Okay cool. 

I agree that I think Eels will be subbing FJM on Sunday. I'm hoping Stereolab headline the Far Out personally. 

I'm struggling to think where Sharon is going to end up. I would have thought she would be subbing the Mountain Stage rather than headlining Far Out. But it would be weird to have her just before Four Tet. Given that her UK tour starts on the Monday and she's in Belgium on the Friday it would make sense if she appears somewhere on the Sunday. I guess that means she'll be headlining the Far Out if we're assuming Eels are subbing. 

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Think it's more likely Eels are headlining Far Out and they're only on the top line because their name fits there. I'd be surprised if SvE plays before them.

Eels on Far Out, Sharon Van Etten subbing Mountain feels right to me, and I think Sharon will be one of the most popular acts across the weekend.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

What a terrific lineup.

What's it like driving to and from Bristol-way?

Easyish getting out of the site late on Sunday night (or Monday morning)?

I drove from and back to Bristol in 2016. Found it really easy going both ways, but bear in mind I did arrive a bit late and leave right after the Green Man burned on Sunday night. Pretty much empty roads each way though, I left Bristol during rush hour, and once I was out of the city there was no traffic at all. Usually there's some traffic around the site on Thursday and Monday though, I'd always recommend leaving as early as you can Monday morning. I've only left on the Sunday that once, but there was no hassle whatsoever, there really weren't many other people leaving, certainly not enough to create traffic.

45 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Eels on Far Out, Sharon Van Etten subbing Mountain feels right to me, and I think Sharon will be one of the most popular acts across the weekend.

I drove from and back to Bristol in 2016. Found it really easy going both ways, but bear in mind I did arrive a bit late and leave right after the Green Man burned on Sunday night. Pretty much empty roads each way though, I left Bristol during rush hour, and once I was out of the city there was no traffic at all. Usually there's some traffic around the site on Thursday and Monday though, I'd always recommend leaving as early as you can Monday morning. I've only left on the Sunday that once, but there was no hassle whatsoever, there really weren't many other people leaving, certainly not enough to create traffic.

That’s awesomely helpful, thank you.

Leaving on Monday can be a bit of a nightmare in terms of getting out of the carpark, especially if you're lazy like me and my friends. If you don't want to be stuck in an hour long queue definitely leave as early as possible.

Fortunately we crew so we park right by the entrance

Updated the playlist i made for those that are interested! 

New additions that I hadn't listened to before that i'm now keen to see are KOKOKO!, The Liminanas, Bess Atwell, Hand Habits, Marika Hackman, Yak and NOV3L. 

Must see at all costs

Stereolab, SVE, IDLES, The Beths, Yo La Tengo, Big Thief, Aldous Harding, Julia Jacklin, Audiobooks, Jesca Hoop and Grimm Grimm. 

Would like to see if possible

Sons of Kemet, CSH, The Mauskovic Dance Band, A Certain Ratio, Amadou & Mariam, Mapache, Richard Thompson, Stella Donnelley, Nilufer Yanya, Hen Ogledd, BSS, Pigs x7, Eels, Khruangbin, Anais Mitchell, Whitney, Gwenno, DJ&TI, LF&TE, TVAM, Ezra Collective, Ex:Re, Bill Ryder-Jones, Just Mustard, The Comet is Coming and Black Country New Road. 

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Updated the playlist i made for those that are interested! 

New additions that I hadn't listened to before that i'm now keen to see are KOKOKO!, The Liminanas, Bess Atwell, Hand Habits, Marika Hackman, Yak and NOV3L. 

Must see at all costs

Stereolab, SVE, IDLES, The Beths, Yo La Tengo, Big Thief, Aldous Harding, Julia Jacklin, Audiobooks, Jesca Hoop and Grimm Grimm. 

Would like to see if possible

Sons of Kemet, CSH, The Mauskovic Dance Band, A Certain Ratio, Amadou & Mariam, Mapache, Richard Thompson, Stella Donnelley, Nilufer Yanya, Hen Ogledd, BSS, Pigs x7, Eels, Khruangbin, Anais Mitchell, Whitney, Gwenno, DJ&TI, LF&TE, TVAM, Ezra Collective, Ex:Re, Bill Ryder-Jones, Just Mustard, The Comet is Coming and Black Country New Road. 

Thanks for updating, I've really enjoyed listening to your playlist!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone got any ideas/theories about the final headliner? Thinking of going to this with a friend. Seems like it could be a nice comfy weekend tbh

Not answering your question I know, but just do it. I’ve just done two on the bounce and it’s  become a festival I’ll book without seeing any lineup... same as EOTR and Glasto. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone got any ideas/theories about the final headliner? Thinking of going to this with a friend. Seems like it could be a nice comfy weekend tbh

Wait....what? Arnt Eels headlining? Did I miss something? Its possible.....sometimes i forget my own.......er............yeah. Ive forgotten....

35 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Wait....what? Arnt Eels headlining? Did I miss something? Its possible.....sometimes i forget my own.......er............yeah. Ive forgotten....

Despite being on the too line, it seems Green Man hasn't said they are a headliner. Some people think they'll most likely be a sub for FJM on Sunday

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Despite being on the too line, it seems Green Man hasn't said they are a headliner. Some people think they'll most likely be a sub for FJM on Sunday

ah....gotcha. Thanks....I did think Eels wernt 'big enough' to headline.....then again, i wouldnt have thought King Gizzard were either.......