Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

12 hours ago, 93jag01 said:

Is anyone else having to make the decision between Green Man and End of the Road? Both lineups look pretty great.

I'm not deciding as have already booked Green Man, but I think it has the much stronger upper billing. Undercard I'd say EOTR have it, but that's only because more of the acts immediately stand out to me, whereas I have a bit of digging to do before Green Man.  

Out of artists I actively listen to 

there’s 7 at green man, father John Misty, Idles, Car Seat Headrest, Big Thief, Whitney, Stella Donnelly and Willie J Healey but I’m getting into broken social scene, four tet and Sharon can etten as we speak 

whereas with eotr, it’s just Courtney Barnett, parquet courts, metronomy and Stella Donnelly and the rest of the lineup isn’t for me 

18 hours ago, 93jag01 said:

Is anyone else having to make the decision between Green Man and End of the Road? Both lineups look pretty great.

Worth baring in mind that both have loads more to announce so if you can wait to buy your tickets you may prefer one over the over to a far greater extent come April/May. 

Also, GM still have one more headliner to be announced + possibly the Thursday night headliner as well (although they may have been announced without confirmation that they will be headlining Thursday). EOTR have announced all their headliners. 

Both have fantastic line ups as usual. There are acts at EOTR that i wish GM had booked (e.g. mitski, let's eat grandma and low) but GM managed to book Stereolab which is the "big get" given their come back after a decade or so and both festivals must have been competing for them. 

20 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The food is amazing, best of any UK festival outside Glastonbury that I've come across. Can't help you on the second point; I've never showered at any festival, and with God as my witness never will I.

Ha ha, yeah I understand that. For some reason I can’t face the day without a shower. I can stand in the pi*sing rain with mud to my knees and be largely happy if I’ve had a shower in the morning.

First prediction for how i think the top end of this is going to end up. This will almost certainly be completely wrong but whatever!  

I think Amadou & Mariam would be a great thursday night headliner. 

Mountain Stage

XXX                                     Four Tet                                          Father John Misty

IDLES                                  XXX                                                  Sharon Van Etten 

Richard Thompson          Sons of Kemet                                Whitney 

Far Out

Maribou State                  Broken Social Scene                        Stereolab 

Khruangbin                       Car Seat Headrest or Big Thief      XXX

Walled Garden

Aldous Harding                Bridget St John                                XXX

Edited by lessthanwill1

On 2/3/2019 at 12:29 PM, OddRon said:

This is how I’m feeling with car seat headrest and father John Misty, had the same anxiousness when they both played eotr

Actually logic would dictate that if Sharon and Idles aren't headlining the main stage, they're either subbing it or headlining Far Out which means they shouldn't be able to clash (fingers crossed).

Re: Father John Mist and Care Seat Headrest. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh good. I know they’re at/on the Boaty Weekender but wasn’t sure if they were factoring in fests too. Seem v likely.

Father J, Alvvays and Car Seat Headrest were the three main reasons I went to Eotr 2017 and the best acts I saw so the chance of that happening again is exciting

I'd love to see Alvvays, I've pretty much not stopped listening to Antisocialites since it came out, and they've absolutely killed it each time I've seen them live (last time being the day before Antisocialites came out).

Listened to a tonne of First Aid Kit today, really really hope they're headliner #3.

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd love to see Alvvays, I've pretty much not stopped listening to Antisocialites since it came out, and they've absolutely killed it each time I've seen them live (last time being the day before Antisocialites came out).

Listened to a tonne of First Aid Kit today, really really hope they're headliner #3.

First Aid Kit would be a fantastic headliner. I think they're often overlooked and perceived of as a little boring but I was completely blown away by them last year. Incredible live show. 

If they were added along with any of The Beths, Better Oblivion Community Centre (GM have recently started following them on twitter...), Tomberlin and Miya Folick I would be very happy.