Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Franz could be a potential headliner.

Really happy with the lineup. Broken Social Scene, Whitney, Car Sear Headrest & Julia Jacklin are all great live and i've not seen Father John, Idles, Big Thief or Khruangbin yet.

Great to have some jazzy options and I went to see Hadestown at the National Theatre last year so looking forward to seeing Anais Mitchell. 

That last Father John Misty tour had the perfect setlist for me and I was gutted I could not get to any dates so fingers crossed for no new material(After God's Favourite Customer I mean, that was aoty for me)  and the same setlist, I've seen him four times now but that's perfect with I went to the store one day, Please Don't Die, Real love Baby and Date Night, only thing it's missing is Night Josh Tillman came to our apt.

2. Encore:

10 hours ago, DJL said:

Just bought tickets for the first time this year. Very excited about the line-up announcement and it looks a lovely festival. Wondering how anyone might compare it to the likes of Latitude, Blue Dot or Bestival?

Easily the best of those four: sightliest site, best beers, nicest punters, and the line up’s not too bad either. 

2 minutes ago, OddRon said:

weird question but they say on their website they do free bus shuttles from abergavenny train station, If I got dropped off at the train station would I be able to get on said bus or do I have to have bought a train ticket

There's a free shuttle from the Park & Ride which you could use.

13 hours ago, stereodista said:

Easily the best of those four: sightliest site, best beers, nicest punters, and the line up’s not too bad either. 

Got me sold. I was already happy with the line-up and those three are big factors. 

What’s camping like? Food?

Dare I say it... showers?

40 minutes ago, DJL said:

Got me sold. I was already happy with the line-up and those three are big factors. 

There are showers, can be massive queues in the morning. 

Food very good and plenty of choice, beer pretty decent but they always run out in the ale tent. Also have a Beavertown Bar if you don't mind their prices.

1 hour ago, DJL said:

The food is amazing, best of any UK festival outside Glastonbury that I've come across. Can't help you on the second point; I've never showered at any festival, and with God as my witness never will I.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, rug568 said:

I have a feeling Benali is talking about eotr

Oops. I was looking on both forums at the same time and then got massively distracted by the new King Gizzard video.

My point about showers still stands, although it's probably the same at every festival now!

11 hours ago, DJL said:

Camping was great last year although that was helped by the amazing weather. I'd say wherever you camped you'd be not more than 10 minutes from the site. Also, there are two car parks - blue and orange. Blue is the closest and i think it's already sold out but even then, the walk from orange parking to where we camped last year was about 15 minutes. 

Food was amazing. Great options for vegetarians/vegans if that applies to you. The Goan Fish Curry place is incredibly popular. The thai place that was in the Walled Garden (think it was called Mommi?) was my favourite, it did an amazing phad thai. You could be there for a couple of weeks and never run out of options. 

I didn't use the showers so can't help you there. I can't remember the name of the area now but there's a place on the site that almost looked like a spa. You could have massages, nice showers and there were about 10-15 hot tubs which I think you have to book beforehand. 

One of the main reasons that attracts people to GM again and again is the lack of corporate sponsorship (a deliberate decision made by the people who run it). This is why the beer & ale festival in the Courtyard has 100+ different independent welsh beers to try and there's no Amstel/Tuborg/Heineken anywhere! Prices were pretty good as well (£3.50-£5.50 for a pint).