Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Phoebe and Lucy both played last year so doubtful they'll be back unfortunately. 

Julia Jacklin is the one we need. 

Julia Jacklin played in 2017. Felt so sorry for her; small crowd, on the main stage, raining fairly heavily and one of the stage people came on before they had finished to pull them off; they may have run over. Tom Ravenscroft came out unannounced to introduce them for encouragement I think. Would love to have her back though.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Phoebe and Lucy both played last year so doubtful they'll be back unfortunately. 

Julia Jacklin is the one we need. 

Lucy and Julien played eotr so don't see it as too much of a problem, as I'd imagine boygenius would be at one of GM or eotr 

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

as I'd imagine boygenius would be at one of GM or eotr

How come? There aren't any boygenius tour dates in the future - not even for Primavera, where I'm sure the idea was floated and where it would have been the most financially prosperous - so, if anything, I think the BOCC thing means that they're on to their next projects.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

How come? There aren't any boygenius tour dates in the future - not even for Primavera, where I'm sure the idea was floated and where it would have been the most financially prosperous - so, if anything, I think the BOCC thing means that they're on to their next projects.

Fair, although they were definitely listed to play all points east on the bon iver day on their band camp. Don't know if that's changed. I'd be surprised if they didn't tour boygenius across a festival season, and there are plenty more to be announced. And eotr or green Man would be their natural fit in the UK. But I don't know anything.

Edited by rug568
Added content

The National, FJM, and Idles all seem like fair assumptions. Suede seemed to go down pretty well at Glasto a few years ago and they're doing a few festival dates so it's a possibility. I think that they'd be a pretty good second or third on a bill, or headlining a stage. Thinking lower down the bill, I'm seeing bands like Black Midi playing again after the hype they've had in the last year, that wave of new bands seem like they'd fit in the line-up well. Other (possibly more questionable) ideas would be These New Puritans, Thom Yorke's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes The Big Moon/Our Girl, Pigs X7, HMLTD, Black Country New Road, Squid, Shame. 

• Like 1

Eels, Father John Misty and The National as headliners( dream scenario and all about but also very white and male)

Idles( favourite new artist and playing sziget/boardies that month/ teased by green man), Car Seat Headrest( personal fave and playing Parades). Other than that I'd like Stella Donnelly, (Sandy) Alex G, Ezra Furman, UMO, Panda Bear and  Metronomy

Wishlist (within the realms of possibility): Sharon Van Etten, The National, Stereolab, The Beths, IDLES, Anna Von Hausswolff, Julia Holter, Mount Eerie, Bridget St John and Sleater Kinney.

Prediction (excluding Steve Mason, Anais Mitchell and Pictish Trail as he plays every year): IDLES, Marissa Nadler, Pigs x7, The Beths, Phosphorescent, Jessica Pratt, Pond, Mitski, TVAM and Ezra Furman.

Edited by lessthanwill1