Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Latitude have got Cat Power, Nadine Shah, Rolling Blackouts, Kruhangbin (or however tf you spell it), Sons Of Khemet; I hope they're all up for a trip to Wales the following month.

Sons Of Kemet are Londoners.

I'd hold off on Sleater-Kinney as we have no idea what stage they're up to - it seems the St Vincent sessions were going on in November but that's no indication of whether they've finished recording and I doubt they'd headline festivals before the album is out.

5 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Sons Of Kemet are Londoners.

I'd hold off on Sleater-Kinney as we have no idea what stage they're up to - it seems the St Vincent sessions were going on in November but that's no indication of whether they've finished recording and I doubt they'd headline festivals before the album is out.

True but vampire weekend headlined EOTR last year as a one off. I wouldn't be surprised if Sleater Kinney did the same.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

True but vampire weekend headlined EOTR last year as a one off. I wouldn't be surprised if Sleater Kinney did the same.

What with the Latitude announcement being ten tons of meh, all my focus is now on Green Man. And all this talk of Sleater Kinney is getting me VERY excited!!!

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

What with the Latitude announcement being ten tons of meh, all my focus is now on Green Man. And all this talk of Sleater Kinney is getting me VERY excited!!!

Hmmm I don't know man, I'd take S-K over any of the rumoured bands in a heartbeat but I just don't think Green Man is their most likely home. End Of The Road on the other hand...

19 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Bright Eyes?

Well that would get me there in a flash, but there's been no indication at all they would be reforming. Wouldn't be surprised to see Conor there with Phoebe Bridgers for Better Oblivion Community Centre though, that'd be swell. 

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hmmm I don't know man, I'd take S-K over any of the rumoured bands in a heartbeat but I just don't think Green Man is their most likely home. End Of The Road on the other hand...

See, i think EOTR & GM are both VERY similar....and I can see SK headlining both places.......

57 minutes ago, retromoz said:

See, i think EOTR & GM are both VERY similar....and I can see SK headlining both places.......

I think there's some stylistic differences in terms of those EOTR would be more likely to put on than GM, which while not really disagreeing I kind of think S-K would lean towards.

(That said, I'd put a small amount of imaginary money on Fat White Family headlining Far Out)

This has probably been said already but the Green Man 'clues' do make you think it could be Bright Eyes in some shape or form.

They have said: 'Keep those ears to the ground!' and 'Unearth the lineup' which would most neatly link to 'Bright Eyes - Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground'

Bright Eyes would be lovely and maybe that would mean Phoebe Bridgers comes back with Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker as boygenius. There was a lot of love for the festival from the US artists on the Walled Garden stage last year and they seemed to hang around and watch each others sets over a couple of days. 

...But can we also have Sleater Kinney?

I don't think it'll be Bright Eyes - but looks like Better Oblivion Community Center would be a solid shout. To add fuel to the fire for that, they're announcing EU tour dates for the project next week, probably just a pleasant coincidence. They could be quite high up on the line up though I reckon.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

That'd be the dream

Saw all three of them individually last summer, and they where all fantastic. Baker was slightly ruined by a group of middle aged people next to me complaining about how depressing it was. (You're at a festival-move ffs). They were one of the best things to come out of 2018 for me