Green Man 2019

Amy Lawn

Yes and no - a bit like Glastonbury but without the hassle.  There are some lovely laid back bits, great areas for kids (Einstein's Garden), but also it's a beer festival with a great choice of real ales.  A very professionally-organised festival run by people who know their music.  But plenty of space to bimble, relax and have fun.

22 hours ago, coxy99 said:

You can take your own booze in.  First year I went back in 2011 they were checking bags on way in but they seem to have stopped all that now.  

Officially it's not allowed and I've found that they do check occasionally but the campsite is small by usual standards so you can drop it off (or try another entrance).

I'd usually rely on my own stash of booze but the bars at Green Man are the best of any festival I've been to (if you are a beer or cider fan)
https://www.greenman.net/explore/areas/courtyard/

No Tuborg in sight!

Hello everyone, what's the view on the Settlers pass? We're coming with our kids, 13 and 10, and thinking of extending our break. We've been to Glasto a few times (without kids), latitude (with kids). We're excited about the festival (and hopefully the National!) but just wanted to get a view on arriving early? 

Thanks for any feedback! 

16 hours ago, HoneyMcMonster said:

Hello everyone, what's the view on the Settlers pass? We're coming with our kids, 13 and 10, and thinking of extending our break. We've been to Glasto a few times (without kids), latitude (with kids). We're excited about the festival (and hopefully the National!) but just wanted to get a view on arriving early? 

Thanks for any feedback! 

We did settlers last year, don't have kids but friends who are regular settlers do.  Seemed like a good set up, huge programme of daytime and evening activities for all ages but some are very popular so you need to be quick off the mark for signing up. Very clean loos but showers were busy at many times. Can use their bbqs. Lots of kids seem to make friends with other kids. Felt very safe.  

Off site, lots of things to do in the area and vouchers available as a settler. Many people seemed to head out in cars for the day. 

The 4 girls I was with, aged roughly 7-11 absolutely loved Green Man and said they would rather go there than any other holiday! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bexj said:

We did settlers last year, don't have kids but friends who are regular settlers do.  Seemed like a good set up, huge programme of daytime and evening activities for all ages but some are very popular so you need to be quick off the mark for signing up. Very clean loos but showers were busy at many times. Can use their bbqs. Lots of kids seem to make friends with other kids. Felt very safe.  

Off site, lots of things to do in the area and vouchers available as a settler. Many people seemed to head out in cars for the day. 

The 4 girls I was with, aged roughly 7-11 absolutely loved Green Man and said they would rather go there than any other holiday! 

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Odessa said:

3 separate visits to the UK in one summer for them seems potentially unlikely? Hopefully they're still on the cards to be announced next week though.

It'd actually be four as they're in Madrid between Manchester and London. I don't think it really matters.